Improving Georgia Tech Athletics - Crowdsourced Ideas

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome idea! Really appreciate you putting this together - have some great ideas laid out. Going to comment on them when I have downtime from work

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Keep em comin! Note that it may take me a bit to input these into the main Google Doc for commenting, but we've gotten had about 40 ideas in all already submitted! I posted this on this forum to get it started, but we will eventually post it on other boards as well as Reddit.
hey @crut - looks like #12 Business Partnerships Cheer / Comment page is read-only

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Here’s my suggestion: refuse to play noon kickoffs.

My suggestion no. 2: Play all home games at night @ 7:00 p.m. kickoffs.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hey there everyone. I am an active member on a couple GT boards and have a few friend groups as well that are pretty invested in Georgia Tech Athletics. From spending time in these spaces, it's easy to tell that a lot of us have a lot of ideas on how to improve GT Athletics, whether that's in recruiting, Gameday experience, etc.

Because of this, I'm am starting a massive Google Doc to compile the ideas of the masses. The goal of this initiative is to create some great, thoughtful, innovative, unique ideas regarding Georgia Tech athletics and ultimately send them directly to GTAA for their use. My thought is that if we do our due diligence in putting this together - identifying the pros and cons of the ideas, that the ideas will warrant their full attention.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE DOC. You will not be able to edit it. However, there is a link there for you to provide new ideas should they not already be listed. Also, you are encouraged to comment (positive or constructive) on any idea that is already listed. Each idea will have a link to comment where you will be able to also see other people's comments.

The Google Doc explains in more detail how it works if I have done a poor job here. But please use this opportunity to use your bright minds to help improve Georgia Tech Athletics! There is no idea too big or small to include!
If I posted ideas would they be implemented into the other main topics? Or were they just that bad that they didn’t deserve a new “thread” lol

crut

Helluva Engineer
If I posted ideas would they be implemented into the other main topics? Or were they just that bad that they didn’t deserve a new “thread” lol

We probably just havent gotten to it yet. There were about 50 ideas sumitted yesterday and it'll take a bit to parse through them to get them into the same format as what we are showing in the main Google Doc. Even if I dont like the idea, if there was any sort of concrete idea given we're going to try to get it on there.

Deleted member 2897

Hey there everyone. I am an active member on a couple GT boards and have a few friend groups as well that are pretty invested in Georgia Tech Athletics. From spending time in these spaces, it's easy to tell that a lot of us have a lot of ideas on how to improve GT Athletics, whether that's in recruiting, Gameday experience, etc.

Because of this, I'm am starting a massive Google Doc to compile the ideas of the masses. The goal of this initiative is to create some great, thoughtful, innovative, unique ideas regarding Georgia Tech athletics and ultimately send them directly to GTAA for their use. My thought is that if we do our due diligence in putting this together - identifying the pros and cons of the ideas, that the ideas will warrant their full attention.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE DOC. You will not be able to edit it. However, there is a link there for you to provide new ideas should they not already be listed. Also, you are encouraged to comment (positive or constructive) on any idea that is already listed. Each idea will have a link to comment where you will be able to also see other people's comments.

The Google Doc explains in more detail how it works if I have done a poor job here. But please use this opportunity to use your bright minds to help improve Georgia Tech Athletics! There is no idea too big or small to include!

It says I clicked Like on your post, but I wanted you to know that technically I clicked Like 31 times.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I've made an update to the Google Doc of ideas for improving Georgia Tech Athletics. Definitely did not get through all the ideas but I made some decent progress. If your idea isn't shown yet it doesn't mean we're ignoring it, we're generally was going in order of how they got listed from the submissions. Some ideas were very similar or had similar themes and I tried to combine them to avoid the document becoming overwhelming over time. In this case if you think we missed an important part of your idea please add it to the comments! Thanks!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I submitted a broad idea: that we need to be aggressive, to the point of "looking desperate", in generating revenue.

One big [controversial] question I have is how would you feel about selling naming rights? Wanted to post that here and see what the feedback was. I hate the idea of being this rapacious, but can we afford to be so proud? Our budget is less than half Clemson and U[sic]GA's...

My suggestion would be something like:
Bobby Dodd Stadium at:
Historic Grant Field at:

'The Coca Cola Flats'

Make 'the flats' officially refer to the stadium grounds including the new grove at Peters Park. (Pemberton Park anyone?)

Which would keep the history intact, incorporate (and solidify) a tradition, and raise revenue. Our official media, etc, would be instructed to refer to the location by the Coca Cola moniker in public facing announcements.

After you're done gagging: If that could afford us 2-3 more recruiting staff-> which lets say gets us 5 spots higher in recruiting-> if that wins us 1-2 more games a year... could you swallow it?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I submitted a broad idea: that we need to be aggressive, to the point of "looking desperate", in generating revenue.

One big [controversial] question I have is how would you feel about selling naming rights? Wanted to post that here and see what the feedback was. I hate the idea of being this rapacious, but can we afford to be so proud? Our budget is less than half Clemson and U[sic]GA's...

Bobby Dodd Stadium at:
Historic Grant Field at:

'The Coca Cola Flats'

Make 'the flats' officially refer to the stadium grounds including the new grove at Peters Park. (Pemberton Park anyone?)

Which would keep the history intact, incorporate (and solidify) a tradition, and raise revenue. Our official media, etc, would be instructed to refer to the location by the Coca Cola moniker in public facing announcements.

After you're done gagging: If that could afford us 2-3 more recruiting staff-> which lets say gets us 5 spots higher in recruiting-> if that wins us 1-2 more games a year... could you swallow it?
I submitted something simillar. I suggested the "presented by" model. So BDS@HGF presented by Delta.

Otherwise very in favor of the idea.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Bobby Dodd Stadium at:
Historic Grant Field at:

'The Coca Cola Flats'

I’m not opposed.

Like it or not, college football has become big business. For us to really compete, we’ve got to increase revenue.

Take advantage of being in a city with major corporate HQs and presence.

If they built the
I submitted something simillar. I suggested the "presented by" model. So BDS@HGF presented by Delta.

Otherwise very in favor of the idea.

I’m down with it. In order to compete, we’ve got to increase revenue, and I don’t believe it’s going to come from practical engineers.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Bobby Dodd Stadium at:
Historic Grant Field at:

'The Coca Cola Flats'

Ima nope on the naming rights. Still don’t like what went down with the AMC -> McCamish Pavilion but at least that was with alum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Still don’t like what went down with the AMC -> McCamish Pavilion but at least that was with alum.

So...

Bobby Dodd Stadium at:
Historic Grant Field
Presented by: Dewberry Capital

LOL... Actually, that's not terrible.

I hear Papa John is looking for a new team to be a sugar daddy for. :facepalm: