Improving Georgia Tech Athletics - Crowdsourced Ideas

crut

Helluva Engineer
Hey there everyone. I am an active member on a couple GT boards and have a few friend groups as well that are pretty invested in Georgia Tech Athletics. From spending time in these spaces, it's easy to tell that a lot of us have a lot of ideas on how to improve GT Athletics, whether that's in recruiting, Gameday experience, etc.

Because of this, I'm am starting a massive Google Doc to compile the ideas of the masses. The goal of this initiative is to create some great, thoughtful, innovative, unique ideas regarding Georgia Tech athletics and ultimately send them directly to GTAA for their use. My thought is that if we do our due diligence in putting this together - identifying the pros and cons of the ideas, that the ideas will warrant their full attention.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE DOC. You will not be able to edit it. However, there is a link there for you to provide new ideas should they not already be listed. Also, you are encouraged to comment (positive or constructive) on any idea that is already listed. Each idea will have a link to comment where you will be able to also see other people's comments.

The Google Doc explains in more detail how it works if I have done a poor job here. But please use this opportunity to use your bright minds to help improve Georgia Tech Athletics! There is no idea too big or small to include!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Hey there everyone. I am an active member on a couple GT boards and have a few friend groups as well that are pretty invested in Georgia Tech Athletics. From spending time in these spaces, it's easy to tell that a lot of us have a lot of ideas on how to improve GT Athletics, whether that's in recruiting, Gameday experience, etc.

Because of this, I'm am starting a massive Google Doc to compile the ideas of the masses. The goal of this initiative is to create some great, thoughtful, innovative, unique ideas regarding Georgia Tech athletics and ultimately send them directly to GTAA for their use. My thought is that if we do our due diligence in putting this together - identifying the pros and cons of the ideas, that the ideas will warrant their full attention.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE GOOGLE DOC. You will not be able to edit it. However, there is a link there for you to provide new ideas should they not already be listed. Also, you are encouraged to comment (positive or constructive) on any idea that is already listed. Each idea will have a link to comment where you will be able to also see other people's comments.

The Google Doc explains in more detail how it works if I have done a poor job here. But please use this opportunity to use your bright minds to help improve Georgia Tech Athletics! There is no idea too big or small to include!

There are some decent ideas in there, but I would have to say no to vuvuzelas.

AugJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Would be great to find a way to partner with ATL United. They are the 5 stripes...we have adidas (3 stripes). Build off momentum and hype in the city around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crut

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the responses y'all! We had almost 20 ideas submitted yesterday! We added a few more of the ideas sent in yesterday to the list. We didn't get to all of them, and some of them will take a bit of thinking to turn into an actual concrete idea, but it was a good start!

Last edited:

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I left a few comments on items 1 and 11. You are probably notified when there's a change to the sheet but just thought I would make sure. Thanks for putting this together!!

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

1, 5, and 11-15 should get the focus.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Win?

In all seriousness, if this list can get to the GTAA (or CGC), I have faith that some of these suggestions will happen fall of 2019. Others will require more time, but if we the fans are given a seat at the table, and put $$$ where our mouth is, we as the GT Sports Community will enter the 21st century.
THWg!!!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the responses y'all! We had almost 20 ideas submitted yesterday! We added a few more of the ideas sent in yesterday to the list. We didn't get to all of them, and some of them will take a bit of thinking to turn into an actual concrete idea, but it was a good start!

I'd like to see these ideas put up for polling, on this board and others, once they're solidified. I think this is a fabulous idea to submit to the Athletic Dept.

I'd also say that while I'm sure these idea would be welcome. I'm confident TStan and his staff have lots of great ideas (probably some of the same). What might be more helpful, building on this, would be crowd sourcing the implementation of the ideas. ie are there fans/alumni with relevant experience to each idea who would be willing to lend their expertise to help implement the ideas at a lower cost to Tech?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
What can we do to "motivate" the gold seat people to be in their seats at least for the start of the game and the start of the 3rd quarter. I really think that would be a great visual for TV.

Maybe, have "blow up" people for the empty seats? (just kidding, but these gold seat folks really do frustrate me) If they would like to go underneath to drink and watch TV (why not do that at home?), I guess it is fine, as long as they are in their seats for the game start and the start of the 3rd quarter.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see these ideas put up for polling, on this board and others, once they're solidified. I think this is a fabulous idea to submit to the Athletic Dept.

I'd also say that while I'm sure these idea would be welcome. I'm confident TStan and his staff have lots of great ideas (probably some of the same). What might be more helpful, building on this, would be crowd sourcing the implementation of the ideas. ie are there fans/alumni with relevant experience to each idea who would be willing to lend their expertise to help implement the ideas at a lower cost to Tech?

Agreed. Those people who have submitted responses will receive an email once everything is compiled to allow them to "vote" on the ideas.

I will add a button that allows people to register for this option with out having to submit an idea themselves.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Better stadium music, cooler big screen graphics, give out unique GT gear to those who come to the games.
Also, (sorry for saying this) we need to do better with attracting next-generation Tech fans. The old dudes in the stands usually remain seated and relatively quiet. Thank God for the student sections.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It has been suggested before, but I just dropped one in for creating a “sky bar and viewing platform” at BDS that would sell beer and wine, but also provide a view of the Downtown skyline and the game.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
It has been suggested before, but I just dropped one in for creating a “sky bar and viewing platform” at BDS that would sell beer and wine, but also provide a view of the Downtown skyline and the game.

That could be an event space that people and companies could rent out year round for parties/functions.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Keep em comin! Note that it may take me a bit to input these into the main Google Doc for commenting, but we've gotten had about 40 ideas in all already submitted! I posted this on this forum to get it started, but we will eventually post it on other boards as well as Reddit.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Keep em comin! Note that it may take me a bit to input these into the main Google Doc for commenting, but we've gotten had about 40 ideas in all already submitted! I posted this on this forum to get it started, but we will eventually post it on other boards as well as Reddit.
Awesome Crut!

Can you please post here when you update the main google doc so that we know to go back through and comment?