Improving fan experience

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'll add to this... we are the Georgia Institute of TECHNOLOGY. Cell phones? Probably the first thing you pick up in the morning. Technology is everywhere. Technology ideas should be easier for us to implement than say, at Alabama ;)

Anyway, students love their cell phones. So again to encourage student attendance with a reward at the end, how about displaying the game hashtag, #togetherweswarm, or maybe something random each quarter of the game on the jumbotron? Students have to Tweet something from the game with that hashtag. Or maybe do Snapchat submissions to the GT account.

Win/win for GT and students. GT gets to get content out there and start trending. Photos of students having fun is good for students and good for GT. Students who participate in all 4 quarters are randomly selected at with 2:00 to go in the game and get free food. Nominal cost. (And by the way, a lot of food is going to get chucked/wasted by this point in the game anyway).

I like the idea of rewarding them for posting on social media. It shows students active at a game and will show their followers/friends where they are and may give them the idea to come to the next game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I would add in Season Ticket holders as well...... don't want @Supersizethatorder-mutt to feel left out. :D
Actually meant for that to be implied, but I certainly didn't make that clear. The idea was for overall fan engagement, but I think even just having a fun student section increases the atmosphere for everyone. Plus, you can make a college student happy for $8, whereas @Supersizethatorder-mutt will complain about his $15 t-shirt cannon shirt being the wrong color ;)

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Cut off the cable TV and WiFi campus wide from 5 minutes before kickoff until it’s over. Make BDS the only place with the service.
I'm pretty sure many students will get pissed of.. the problem at the is that a quarter of students are not born in America (including me).. and another half do not seem to care about sports.. >.<

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure many students will get pissed of.. the problem at the is that a quarter of students are not born in America (including me).. and another half do not seem to care about sports.. >.<

I’ve often thought that this was an issue with student attendance. If someone taught students the rules of the game, do you think this would generate more interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ve often thought that this was an issue with attendance. If someone taught students the rules of the game, do you think this would generate more interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably that.. and not having a test the day after a game..

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
General thoughts on some of the suggestions:

1. I have to believe with all of CGC's marketing and branding mantra that he is not already planning on working with the in game media group on jumbo-tron videos and music. He will likely use Morpheus to coordinate with the stadium PA staff to be sure the marketing and messages are consistent.

2. On the discussions of the Yellow Jacket Market (or whatever it was called), I think the idea is great but the execution was horrible. I live out of town and was only able to make it to opening game last year. When I saw the information on the area I was excited for what it was going to be, however when I went out there there were like 3 vendors selling similar stuff that you can get inside. The only plus for me was no one else was out there so I didn't have to wait in the concession line to get food. I think putting food trucks out there would be awesome and also making it more accessible to everyone cause it was only outside of one area of the stands.

3. A few people have talked about using games and giveaways to keep people at the game the entire time. One easy way to do that is to a game or something right before kick off where the fans enter through an app and the submittals are time and location stamped. Then you do a random drawing from the submittals right before the end of the game and announce the winner on the jumbo-tron but you have to be present to win. To make this effective you need to give away things people are interested in like nice GT "swag", tickets, or cash. Better yet do fan experiences like being on the sideline during warm-ups, facility tours, meet and greets with players and coaches, etc.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
A better PA person. They create the atmosphere in the stadium and getting people energized through music and cheers.

As much as I love Vanessa Carlton, playing one of her songs in the 4Q of a game is detrimental to the fan experience. The PA has been lacking for years.

Play "All The Way Turnt Up".
This. Get someone under the age of 25 on the music and who is in contact with the players/ knows what they want to listen to. We're in the center of the rap universe for god's sake. The current announcer is horrible too, calls plays like a basketball game.