Improving fan experience

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
About the trucks.. they would be outside the stadium.. I believe there's a policy that if you leave the stadium you cannot go back inside???
As of last year, the street outside of the east stands was cordoned off and considered part of the "in-stadium" experience. You would go thru security 10-20 yards from the stadium. The idea was to relieve congestion from the stadium walkways by having food/beverage vendors outside.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
The in game entertainment (meaning use of the video board, PA announcements, piped in music, coordination with the band, etc.) at GT is by far the worst I have experienced at any level and it's not even close.

The funny thing is, it's only the football games that are so terrible. I've been to a bunch of football and basketball games this year and the basketball games aren't like Philip's Arena or anything, but the commercial break entertainment and music choices are MUCH better than at BDS for some reason. You'd figure they would just use the same guy but it doesn't seem that way.

Also, I know some basketball games have had a local DJ there playing music so I know that helps.

Food trucks set up 3hrs prior to kick off and stay open until end of first quarter. They create the party atmosphere until kick off, then the FOOTBALL GAME keeps it going. Why would you want to leave a game for a 8 cheese grilled cheese sandwich on brioche bun???????
Why leave them open until the end of the first quarter? We already have way too many late arrivals. Shut them down 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Maybe people will get there earlier then.

As of last year, the street outside of the east stands was cordoned off and considered part of the "in-stadium" experience. You would go thru security 10-20 yards from the stadium. The idea was to relieve congestion from the stadium walkways by having food/beverage vendors outside.
The problem with that area was that it was inaccessible to fans in the upper deck, other than by having to go down and back up all those stairs. They need to extend it all the way to North Ave, with a gate from the nearby seating areas into the cordoned off area.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This idea popped into my head in the last week...

During random TV timeouts or between quarters, have trivia or competitions on the jumbotron whereby fans can text in their vote.

For students who score the highest, and participate from kickoff until the final whistle, they earn free food/a shirt/whatever.

This engages fans in the stands and also encourages attendance by kickoff.

Requirements are good cell signals (it's better, is it reliable enough?) and that voting must occur inside stadium with some type of location tracking.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
1. You could remove a portion of the bleachers in the upper north stands and turn it into a bar/dining/party area for VIP access. View of ATL Skyline could make this a cool party place for folks who aren’t diehard football fans.

2. Take out all bleachers and replace with more comfortable seating.

Just spitballing here. Please respect my decision (always wanted to say this). [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys.. This is a school project but it's also related to GTAA football.. can you give me any ideas on how to improve fan experience.. without increasing costs?
(If this topic doesn't belong here.. I do apologise in advance..)
I have some ideas like . Redirecting outgoing traffic.. using apps to order food .. any other ideas?
Also recommend PM'ing @crut who started a similar thread and is formalizing ideas for GT:
Improving Georgia Tech Athletics - Crowdsourced Ideas

Maybe you guys can advance a shared idea forward.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
that-is-correct-meme-1.jpg

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
For season ticket holders....do some sort of scan in with ID, and some sort of scan when leaving...key fob maybe? Award points for those that arrive on time and stay for the entire game.....points are good for freebies or upgrades the next season.
In is one thing, out is another. You don't want to have to wait in any sort of line to "scan out." Also, that won't work if you leave early, you likely aren't going to "scan out" anyway.

Animal02

Banned
In is one thing, out is another. You don't want to have to wait in any sort of line to "scan out." Also, that won't work if you leave early, you likely aren't going to "scan out" anyway.
Key fob type device that would just read it as you pass through the exit.....another option would be have it tied to a smart phone app registered to the STH phone.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll add to this... we are the Georgia Institute of TECHNOLOGY. Cell phones? Probably the first thing you pick up in the morning. Technology is everywhere. Technology ideas should be easier for us to implement than say, at Alabama ;)

Anyway, students love their cell phones. So again to encourage student attendance with a reward at the end, how about displaying the game hashtag, #togetherweswarm, or maybe something random each quarter of the game on the jumbotron? Students have to Tweet something from the game with that hashtag. Or maybe do Snapchat submissions to the GT account.

Win/win for GT and students. GT gets to get content out there and start trending. Photos of students having fun is good for students and good for GT. Students who participate in all 4 quarters are randomly selected at with 2:00 to go in the game and get free food. Nominal cost. (And by the way, a lot of food is going to get chucked/wasted by this point in the game anyway).

Animal02

Banned
I'll add to this... we are the Georgia Institute of TECHNOLOGY. Cell phones? Probably the first thing you pick up in the morning. Technology is everywhere. Technology ideas should be easier for us to implement than say, at Alabama ;)

Anyway, students love their cell phones. So again to encourage student attendance with a reward at the end, how about displaying the game hashtag, #togetherweswarm, or maybe something random each quarter of the game on the jumbotron? Students have to Tweet something from the game with that hashtag. Or maybe do Snapchat submissions to the GT account.

Win/win for GT and students. GT gets to get content out there and start trending. Photos of students having fun is good for students and good for GT. Students who participate in all 4 quarters are randomly selected at with 2:00 to go in the game and get free food. Nominal cost. (And by the way, a lot of food is going to get chucked/wasted by this point in the game anyway).
I would add in Season Ticket holders as well...... don't want @Supersizethatorder-mutt to feel left out. :D