Impact player 2017

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Desmond Branch Defense
Kirvonte Benson Offense
I like the Desmond prediction, but on offense I'm going with Parker Braun. Hopefully branch will ball out like his brother, I do want his brother to do bad in the Super Bowl though.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Branch, Woods and Adams. Not so much because I feel they will breakout, but because so many of us long for a Dline to make us proud.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Break out players :
Jordan
Dolphus
Cottrell
Jazz Lee
Jordan swilling
Askew
Simmons
Branch
Adams

Impact players:
Mills
Braun
Bryan
Lynch

Hedging my bets

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What would we do if next year was Miles break out? That would be a stadium filler. He could be just scratching the surface as he is very young.

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm going with Jordan Woods breaking out on the DL and leading the team in sacks and TFL as a RS FR.

I'll take AJ Gray to lead the team in tackles and really start getting the conference's attention as a defensive threat.

I like Parker Braun to give us another reliable "get behind Shaq" type of play when we need a couple yards.

I think everyone expects Dedrick Mills to lead the team in rushing, and I'm on that train as well. My biggest hope for him is that he gives us four clean, healthy years before entering the draft.

The biggest question mark for me is QB. The QB that wins the job could have a lot of influence over which element of the option is the most effective. For example, Jordan seems to be more hesitant to pitch than JT, and even though the reads should determine where the ball goes, the tendencies of the QB that wins the job could be the greatest determining factor in who becomes an impact player on offense.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm thinking TD is Brooking 2.0. Not nearly as big but just as aggressive.

I think we would all be ecstatic if we got a Roof 2.0. His dad was as good at this level as anybody we ever had at the LB position...and we have had lots of good ones who made a nice living in the league.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I think we would all be ecstatic if we got a Roof 2.0. His dad was as good at this level as anybody we ever had at the LB position...and we have had lots of good ones who made a nice living in the league.
I mention Brooking because Roof was before my time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ahh the offseason is here and next year's front 7 will dominate.

Well I hope so too but seeing is believing and we have more questions than answers still.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Ahh the offseason is here and next year's front 7 will dominate.

Well I hope so too but seeing is believing and we have more questions than answers still.

Yes, but as long as they are questions, I have the freedom to wildly speculate and hope which is what I plan to do until the spring game! Hopefully spring practice will only encourage more hopeful speculation thereafter!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imo if we play a 3 man front as a true base it will be a disaster. I believe we wont do that. Honestly the d will be what it is. It will come in bottom 1/3 in sacks and pressures etc. it will be ranked somewhere between 60 and 90 in total D; d efficiency will be mediocre as well. Simply its our backend scheme not the front we run, that hurts us most imo. So this needs to be fixed first.

As such i dont ever see a true S or CB being an impact player on D with this scheme. I can see a lb. and i dont see a dl either unless we unleash them vs occupy. So based on this swilling or perhaps lewis could explode this year.

On O, qb is too obvious and easy an answer, really for any offense. But the center position is key for me. i think a backup bb could be it. Benson? Quade? I look to the bb position for another impact player

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Imo if we play a 3 man front as a true base it will be a disaster. I believe we wont do that. Honestly the d will be what it is. It will come in bottom 1/3 in sacks and pressures etc. it will be ranked somewhere between 60 and 90 in total D; d efficiency will be mediocre as well. Simply its our backend scheme not the front we run, that hurts us most imo. So this needs to be fixed first.

As such i dont ever see a true S or CB being an impact player on D with this scheme. I can see a lb. and i dont see a dl either unless we unleash them vs occupy. So based on this swilling or perhaps lewis could explode this year.

On O, qb is too obvious and easy an answer, really for any offense. But the center position is key for me. i think a backup bb could be it. Benson? Quade? I look to the bb position for another impact player

I'm really hoping that Benson exceeds all of our expectations. It's nice to have a 1-2 punch at BB, even if the 2nd punch is used somewhat sparingly (4-6 carries per game or so)