Impact player 2017

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm thinking TD is Brooking 2.0. Not nearly as big but just as aggressive.
I have to be honest, I knew little to nothing about TD Roof and pretty much rolled my eyes when I heard he was a recruit. After seeing his film though, I can see he is worth a scholarship. At a bare minimum he should be a really really good special teams player and those guys are important. He is a bit of a tweener in terms of size etc, but that is less of an issue when covering kicks. He is a tenacious player with great football instincts. I want to see more of him before saying he is ready to be a Brooking with a steady role on defense. Who knows? Chris Reis ended up being good for us on defense. Roof reminds me of him a bit.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to disagree that TD (5' 11") would be Brooking (6'3") 2.0. Who knows how he or any of these guys will develop, but right now the two are not comparable. TD plays RB and a hybrid in/out role on his tape. Brooking played ILB and TE in HS IIRC.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I have to be honest, I knew little to nothing about TD Roof and pretty much rolled my eyes when I heard he was a recruit. After seeing his film though, I can see he is worth a scholarship. At a bare minimum he should be a really really good special teams player and those guys are important. He is a bit of a tweener in terms of size etc, but that is less of an issue when covering kicks. He is a tenacious player with great football instincts. I want to see more of him before saying he is ready to be a Brooking with a steady role on defense. Who knows? Chris Reis ended up being good for us on defense. Roof reminds me of him a bit.
You can't measure heart with a 40 time or shuttle run or bench reps. I've seen his film too. He's got the IT factor in my opinion.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's my choice

I'm excited to see what he can do, as well, but I'm having a hard time seeing how any AB will be able to take very many reps from CL, QS, and JJG. Seems Cottrell would have a leg up first, but one of them would have to be a STUD to get much shine.

*Forgot to add that if MJ and a redshirt Fr. end up as 1 and 2 at QB, I would think TM would go back to AB, where he showed flashes of greatness in '15.