Impact player 2017

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Going into the 2016 season we had no idea who would make the biggest impact on the season as far as unknown abilities.
I think D.Mills gave us some insite onn what he was capable of doing and giving us a taste of what is yet to come.

What say ye about who will make the biggest impact in 2017 and surprise us either what they can do!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Offense: Our OL
Defense: If rumors of moving to a 3 man front is correct, I think Roof has Gray play a bit of the safety/OLB role, and Gray will shine in that position. I thought he lost a step last year from his freshmen season. Perfect candidate to fill "specialty" OLB role.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Nate Cottrell. I hate to be a one-trick pony but, if he has recovered fully and can move into the AB rotation, I think he'll make everybody forget about MM pretty quickly. With him, Green, and Lynch at AB and Mills at BB, we might have the most talented backfield since 2009. We'll need to have somebody step up to be Mills's backup, but I'm guessing that Quaid will do the job there.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I'm anxious to see this kid knock some heads!
Bruce Jordan-Swilling and Simmons will be my picks for break out seasons. Can't pick Mills because he already had a break out season. If you want to talk linemen, the freshman center Cooper or the freshman tackle whose name escapes me would be good bets. Edit: J. Lee is the tackle

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Whomever plays qb will be the most impactful, whether positively or negatively.

You can't say OL because the question was player, not unit.

Not the question, but on D, whomever replaces PJ Davis as the tackle leader.
I think it'll be MJ at QB. If not, I hope we can plug and play seamlessly like we did with Clinton Lynch at AB and Dedrick Mills at BB ;)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Forgot Searcy in the AB rotation. How I managed that is a mystery. But aside from the Smith, Jones, Peebles rotation in 2011, I can't think of a better set of ABs.