If a change is made...

GT33

Helluva Engineer
But, our season tix are next to a family of a current player. According to his mom, his views are "practices are a joke. Guys don't want to practice. Most have given up on CGC, but not GT."
I've not heard that directly, but the game day execution sure looks like it.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Shouldn't this thread be titled "When a change is made"?

I don't see any upside to waiting at this point. If we don't have money now, that will only get worse the longer this circus stays in town. How many more fans can we lose before we've fallen too far?

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I just would prefer that none of our remaining games are televised. It's simply an embarrassment....and the stands will be EMPTY...
The stands already have been empty for the past year plus. The east stands are like a morgue unless we have a visiting team like yesterday who brings some fans.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Shouldn't this thread be titled "When a change is made"?

I don't see any upside to waiting at this point. If we don't have money now, that will only get worse the longer this circus stays in town. How many more fans can we lose before we've fallen too far?
That's the thing. There's a known monetary cost of firing Geoff before November, and there's an unknown cost, monetary and otherwise, of keeping him around. So, it wouldn't cost us $3.3 million to keep him until the end of the year. It would cost us $3.3 million minus the unknown benefit of dumping him now, which may actually be greater than $3.3 million if everything is taken into consideration, including the benefit of starting the coaching search now, having more prospective coaches to choose from, saving what's left of the fan base and what's left of our pride, etc., etc. The sooner we put a new face on this program, the sooner we start to salvage it and the more there will be left to salvage. An interim coach would be far preferrable to letting this cancer continue to eat away at the program. It needs to be cut out now.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That's the thing. There's a known monetary cost of firing Geoff before November, and there's an unknown cost, monetary and otherwise, of keeping him around. So, it wouldn't cost us $3.3 million to keep him until the end of the year. It would cost us $3.3 million minus the unknown benefit of dumping him now, which may actually be greater than $3.3 million if everything is taken into consideration, including the benefit of starting the coaching search now, having more prospective coaches to choose from, saving what's left of the fan base and what's left of our pride, etc., etc. The sooner we put a new face on this program, the sooner we start to salvage it and the more there will be left to salvage. An interim coach would be far preferrable to letting this cancer continue to eat away at the program. It needs to be cut out now.
I am not a major donor by any means but I am a season tix holder and make donations to the sports programs. I told the office last week I was not going to make any further donations until after this season and we see what is done with CGC. I will be happy to resume donating as soon as he is gone just knowing that they are trying to fix the problem.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t get the love for Dan Mullen- he has little personality, word is he hates recruiting, he is already very wealthy and looks pretty happy on tv. I think he lost hunger when he got big contract. Anyway, his best coaching was with Collins at DC, so maybe we don’t go there.

I am all for Deion, he is hungry, he’s trying to change college football and since he’s not doing it for the money maybe we can afford him.

Tom Herman has sucked but he maybe has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove so I might be convinced he is ok

JacketFan137

Banned
I don’t get the love for Dan Mullen- he has little personality, word is he hates recruiting, he is already very wealthy and looks pretty happy on tv. I think he lost hunger when he got big contract. Anyway, his best coaching was with Collins at DC, so maybe we don’t go there.

I am all for Deion, he is hungry, he’s trying to change college football and since he’s not doing it for the money maybe we can afford him.

Tom Herman has sucked but he maybe has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove so I might be convinced he is ok
hiring dan mullen may be the prudent thing to do but at this point i think we need to be shooting higher if stansbury/AD soon to be named want to win over any good will with this fanbase. mullen probably comes in gets us winning 7 games but i think it’s more likely we just end up in the chan situation again just staying afloat and going bowling in shreveport, birmingham and other random cities in early december.

i just don’t see a bright future for mullen leading a team

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The next hire needs to be someone with name recognition that can work the transfer portal because he's going to have to.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The next hire needs to be someone with name recognition that can work the transfer portal because he's going to have to.

1663506783001.jpeg

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
This is exactly where I am. I have been a supporter of Collins up to today. I like what Collins has done behind the scenes with recruiting but the coaching on the field has been lacking. I was also big on the coaching hires this off-season and felt we were finally on the right track to fix the on-field issues. I knew with a new coaching staff and strength of schedule that we would still struggle with wins this year.

HOWEVER, there was no fight in the coaches or players today. It just looked like everyone was just going through the motions and that is unacceptable!!! Collins doesn't have the fight to try to get points at the end of the first half when down and has 3 timeouts (I even gave him a pass after Clemson but he did it again). The players don't have the fight to get the extra yards when needed and just seem to be mailing it in. Something has to change!

this is spot on.

team looks deflated. we have some players, and they are playing, but at some point, this has to catch up to about everyone. I don't know how long it can be allowed to continue.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is exactly where I am. I have been a supporter of Collins up to today. I like what Collins has done behind the scenes with recruiting but the coaching on the field has been lacking. I was also big on the coaching hires this off-season and felt we were finally on the right track to fix the on-field issues. I knew with a new coaching staff and strength of schedule that we would still struggle with wins this year.

HOWEVER, there was no fight in the coaches or players today. It just looked like everyone was just going through the motions and that is unacceptable!!! Collins doesn't have the fight to try to get points at the end of the first half when down and has 3 timeouts (I even gave him a pass after Clemson but he did it again). The players don't have the fight to get the extra yards when needed and just seem to be mailing it in. Something has to change!
we definitely didn’t have any fight left but 24 seconds that deep in our own territory is not something any coach is gonna go for when the offense is struggling like that. i get the sentiment but that may have been the only correct coaching decision he made

unless you have mahomes, josh allen, justin herbert or tom brady playing qb you’re not trying to get that

JacketFan137

Banned
absolutely not. just stop
yeah how dare we hire a coach that is actively proving he can do more with less, setting a completely different culture at a formerly mediocre program, implementing things like forcing players to go to class and sit in the front, engaging with the community and trying to grow hbcu football.

seriously tell me one negative about deion coming aside from he doesn’t have p5 experience and he might leave if florida state opens?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
will he be able to recruit without buying the #1 player in the nation? or playing up the "let's rebuild the HBCU's brother"?

I really doubt it.

You CAN buy the No. 1 recruit in the country now legally. Kids want to play for him. Will need great assistants.

Not saying it’s foolproof, but would bring a lot of positive attention to the program.