If a change is made...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
will he be able to recruit without buying the #1 player in the nation? or playing up the "let's rebuild the HBCU's brother"?

I really doubt it.
Well, somehow he got the money together to get that player. Why is that a criticism of the man as coach???

The ONLY way GT can compete is t be VERY different and have an edge, something unique. He's definitely worth a try and a MUCH better option than another 'same-as' coach.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
"Guys don't want to practice. Most have given up on CGC, but not GT."
This is a positive. I'm sure almost all of us have worked for a not good supervisor, yet stayed put. Early career advice was never quit because of the boss, he'll leave, usually soon if things aren't going well. That proved true when I had bosses that weren't doing well.

I would nominate Doug Belk from Houston as someone I'd like to see interviewed. South Georgia ties from Valdosta. Has earned his way up the ladder. I think he'd be a good culture change from where we are. Nowhere to go but up. ADTS could save his job with a hire like Mr. Belk.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a positive. I'm sure almost all of us have worked for a not good supervisor, yet stayed put. Early career advice was never quit because of the boss, he'll leave, usually soon if things aren't going well. That proved true when I had bosses that weren't doing well.

I would nominate Doug Belk from Houston as someone I'd like to see interviewed. South Georgia ties from Valdosta. Has earned his way up the ladder. I think he'd be a good culture change from where we are. Nowhere to go but up. ADTS could save his job with a hire like Mr. Belk.

That's a really good name. Unless we take a retread with heavy baggage (Mullen, Freeze), we're going to have to roll the dice on an up-and-coming coach. We have a bad situation and few resources to offer. I don't see a top prospect like Chadwell or a proven coach like O'Brien taking on our project. It's probably a name we've never heard of; an FCS head coach or G5 coordinator. Somebody like Belk.

I wish Tashard Choice was still here (for multiple reasons). He'd be my pick for interim coach and he might just win the audition like Dabo did at Clemson. TC just exudes leadership and football competence. I don't think he'd be a viable hire at this point, RB to HC is too big a leap for an outside hire. But I believe he's going to be a great coach someday. I'm also mostly on board with us needing to tab somebody outside the Tech community for the next hire. I'd just love to see what TC could do with a chance to lead a team.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Coach Choice would be an interesting candidate as well. I'd be concerned about having so much to accomplish upon arrival for a first HC job. I'd like to see him succeed as he moves up and we are a hot mess right now.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I just would prefer that none of our remaining games are televised. It's simply an embarrassment....and the stands will be EMPTY...
Yesterday honestly was a good tech crowd. I thought ole miss would do what Georgia fans did to us last year. But it was a tech crowd aside from the upper East stands and that corner of the East/south stands where visiting fans always are.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
That's a really good name. Unless we take a retread with heavy baggage (Mullen, Freeze), we're going to have to roll the dice on an up-and-coming coach. We have a bad situation and few resources to offer. I don't see a top prospect like Chadwell or a proven coach like O'Brien taking on our project. It's probably a name we've never heard of; an FCS head coach or G5 coordinator. Somebody like Belk.

I wish Tashard Choice was still here (for multiple reasons). He'd be my pick for interim coach and he might just win the audition like Dabo did at Clemson. TC just exudes leadership and football competence. I don't think he'd be a viable hire at this point, RB to HC is too big a leap for an outside hire. But I believe he's going to be a great coach someday. I'm also mostly on board with us needing to tab somebody outside the Tech community for the next hire. I'd just love to see what TC could do with a chance to lead a team.
Didn’t Dabo go from WR coach to HC?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday honestly was a good tech crowd. I thought ole miss would do what Georgia fans did to us last year. But it was a tech crowd aside from the upper East stands and that corner of the East/south stands where visiting fans always are.
No, it wasn’t. Miss fans were all over the 40 and 50 yard line seats in the West, and tons of them in the Wardlaw building.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
From where I sat, it looked something like 60-40 GT to Ole Miss fans. It wasn't as bad at the mutt game last year, but it wasn't good.