If a change is made...

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Short of CGC pulling at least 5 to 6 more rabbits (Wins) out of the hat this year, he's toast.

If Collins pulls 5-6 wins out of the hat this year, it should not save his job at GT. Those wins could go on his resume so he can grift the next school that hires him.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If Collins pulls 5-6 wins out of the hat this year, it should not save his job at GT. Those wins could go on his resume so he can grift the next school that hires him.

Where exactly are those 4-5 wins coming from in the next 9 games?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not happening with our schedule. Maybe one or two wins at most. Tough road games on the schedule and players may have lost motivation. Do they even trust the coaching staff anymore?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Not happening with our schedule. Maybe one or two wins at most. Tough road games on the schedule and players may have lost motivation. Do they even trust the coaching staff anymore?

Will be interesting to see how they come out and play this week. Can we get a fast start and show some heart and surprise some people or if something goes wrong, is that it and they throw in the towel. Hopefully, they'll step up and play for not only themselves, but for Collins who has had their backs. We'll see. 🤷‍♂️

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
So here is something I haven’t heard discussed. With the new early signing period in December, if you fire a coach right after the season, do you lose your entire recruiting class?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So here is something I haven’t heard discussed. With the new early signing period in December, if you fire a coach right after the season, do you lose your entire recruiting class?
Some of the kids may want the education at GT. Others may want to see who is the next coach. Got to expect a lot of them will not sign. A lot less pressure now that the transfer system is less punitive and they can take a chance with a new coach.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is where a splash hire or the right hire will be huge. If it’s a guy that kids want to play for then the portal is the best thing to happen for us.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Collins is basically done, it’s a matter of when he’s fired.
I have a few candidates in mind.

In no particular order:
Deion Sanders
Shawn Elliot
Jamey Caldwell
Shawn Clark
Dave Clawson
Clay Helton
Derrick Mason
Will Muschamp
Ed Ogeron
Butch Jones

Each name brings their own special things to the table.
Buddy. Butch Jones….cmon. We are trying to get rid of our own version of Butch Jones. The rest are okay names aside from Muschamp.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Butch was ranked in the final polls twice at UT. Collins can’t win to save his life.
Plenty of coaches are better than Collins but it doesn’t mean they are good coaches. There is a reason he was hated at UT and it wasn’t because he was a good coach. He was a bad coach that made embarrassing slogans (sound familiar) that made him look even worse. 5Star Hearts lol

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
This is my short list
1) Jeff Lebby- this should be most peoples obvious #1 choice.
2) Deion Sanders- I for 1 would love this. Could bring athletes we have never seen on the flats.
3) Tashard choice- He could probably use some more experience but here me out. Great recruiter (not as good as prime), played at tech, and already has respect from the players at the program, he also might come in and fix what needs to be fixed as HC.
4) Josh Gattis- Miami OC was at Michigan OC, younger guy.
5) Alex Golesh- Tennessee OC, simple but exiting offense. (By exiting I mean they actually score points.)
6) Pete Golding- Alabama defense coordinator, honestly just wanted someone from Alabama coaching tree other than…..
7) bill O’Brien- this dose not excite me
8) Alex Atkins
9) Myself- could promise more than 3 wins a year.

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
What about Shawn Elliot? He's done well at GSU, considering they're a really new program.
He’s built an okay program. I’m not to impressed compared to what other coaches have done for example what Deion has done with an HBCU is more impressive to me personally. They had a top 10 recruiting class, people don’t understand how absolutely insane that is.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What about Shawn Elliot? He's done well at GSU, considering they're a really new program.
He’s got all the same built in advantages being located in Atlanta provides for recruiting, without the academic limitations of GT, and still only recruits middle of the road for the Sun Belt level. Regularly out-recruited by Georgia Southern, Troy, Arkansas State, and Chadwell at Coastal. Runs an air raid but nothing unique enough to provide a true schematic advantage. A defense that’s been anywhere from below average to completely terrible since he’s been there. Yeah, no thanks. I’m out. I’d rather have Bohannon than Elliott.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
This is my short list
1) Jeff Lebby- this should be most peoples obvious #1 choice.
2) Deion Sanders- I for 1 would love this. Could bring athletes we have never seen on the flats.
3) Tashard choice- He could probably use some more experience but here me out. Great recruiter (not as good as prime), played at tech, and already has respect from the players at the program, he also might come in and fix what needs to be fixed as HC.
4) Josh Gattis- Miami OC was at Michigan OC, younger guy.
5) Alex Golesh- Tennessee OC, simple but exiting offense. (By exiting I mean they actually score points.)
6) Pete Golding- Alabama defense coordinator, honestly just wanted someone from Alabama coaching tree other than…..
7) bill O’Brien- this dose not excite me
8) Alex Atkins
9) Myself- could promise more than 3 wins a year.
Lance Leipold? We want a guy with a track record, right? We probably won’t win out over Nebraska (if Nebraska is smart)... also probably not offering a whole lot more than Kansas currently, but I think anybody looking for a coach needs to get a “no” from this guy...