I Know it is Still Fresh but

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The 1999 game is still my all time favorite, but this one and 1990 are now in a photo finish for first.

My son and I had given up when Ugag scored with 18 seconds left. My daughter-in-law reminded us that the game wasn't over; she's a big Awbun fan and said she thought the same in the Iron Bowl last year. We bucked up and, sure enough, she was right! No doubt she'll be reminding us of that for years to come.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
1998 was pretty emotional for me as I was a super senior and have seen Tech lose to the mutts since 94, with that heart-breaking last sec loss in 97.

At Sanford, they used to put the band and visitors on the end zone. The Brad Chambers kick that sealed the deal was super nerve-wracking. All of us were holding hands, clinched very tightly, hearts pounding, then the emotional high.

On another topic, the Tech fans turnout yesterday was quite dismal. Few blotches of yellow here and there, engulfed by a sea of red. 1998 had a lot better turnout.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I have the painting of that Brad Chambers kick hanging in my office with the players jerseys indicating the date and score. 11-28-98, the GT player upright #21, the UGA player falling upside down #19.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the 1962 bama game, 1991 Citrus Bowl, 1969 ugag, many others of great significance.

The fact that both teams were highly ranked adds to the win, but the thing I will remember most about this game is that GEORGIA TECH MANNED UP! We could have quit in so many ways & so many times.

BUT THE GUYS NEVER QUIT - To the contrary, EVERY SINGLE TIME IT STARTED TO TURN AGAINST US - WE GOT UP AND PUNCHED THEM IN THE MOUTH EVEN HARDER!
Derrick was right:

We're going to get knocked down, bleed a little, and THEN GET UP AND FIGHT SOME MORE! We're going to get knocked down, bleed a little, and THEN GET UP AND FIGHT SOME MORE! We're going to get knocked down, bleed some more, and THEN GET UP AND FIGHT SOME MORE! We're going to fight some more! We're GOING TO FIGHT SOME MORE!!!!!!

GoldenBuzz23

Georgia Tech Fan
Saturday's game was the best GT game I have ever seen. I have been a fan since 1980 and this game definitely takes the cake. I am so proud to call my self a Yellow Jacket!! Let's go kick FSU a** on the 6th. Go Jackets!!

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
WINNERS

Georgia Tech. Like Wisconsin, the Yellow Jackets have flown under the radar to complete one of the most satisfying seasons in the program's recent history. Capping the regular season with a victory against rival Georgia only sweetens the pot. Now 10-2 and a lock for the top 15 in this week's College Football Playoff poll, Georgia Tech can turn its focus to Florida State in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/...-dame/19677783/

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at Athens with a friend who was also there with me in 2012 (my first trip to the cesspool, we stayed to the end despite the game being out of hand early). I got terrible flashbacks to that game when Swann "stripped" JT and ran it back 99 yards, but I wasn't worried. The offense was working, and I hadn't seen any quit in the team yet this year, so no sense starting now.

After Georgie scored with 0:18 left, I remembered 2013 all over again. When JT picked himself up and scrambled to give Butker a chance, I turned to my right and said "Win or lose, I'm proud of this team." It took the silence of the dwags to confirm the kick. I thought I would have a heart attack right then and there.

That OT possession was a mirror of the 2nd OT in 2013. GT ran the ball without trouble, and Georgie was feeling the pressure on their QB, even with a blocked PAT. When the interception came down, it didn't even seem real. I was convinced there would be a flag, but it never came. The band was right in front of us, and they started on "Up With the White and Gold", and the red pompoms all hit the ground as the Georgie crowd looked on in stunned silence, much as I did last year.

Later, as we were stuck in traffic, Facebook seemed to know what I wanted to see, as a Georgie fan celebrated prematurely:

"TOUCHDOWN!!! #suckitnerds"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.