I Know it is Still Fresh but

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I was at the 1962 bama game, 1991 Citrus Bowl, 1969 ugag, many others of great significance.

The fact that both teams were highly ranked adds to the win, but the thing I will remember most about this game is that GEORGIA TECH MANNED UP! We could have quit in so many ways & so many times.

BUT THE GUYS NEVER QUIT - To the contrary, EVERY SINGLE TIME IT STARTED TO TURN AGAINST US - WE GOT UP AND PUNCHED THEM IN THE MOUTH EVEN HARDER!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was at UVA 1990. For classic thrill of victory and national significance, I experienced it as a better win/game.

However, beating georgie is always big, and today's game had all the drama you need. More.

I may have experienced it differently if I'd seen it. I listened to Brandon on my phone while trying to find a bar in the Chicago suburbs that got the sec network.

No luck. Relied on Brandon, chat, and ESPN Gametracker for the last 3 qtrs. Besides the useless "wow" from @Eric, chat did a pretty good job.

(for those whose stream is delayed, it's good that @Eric doesn't give more detail)
Should have PM'd me. Game was on in Glenview.

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
That was the biggest roller coaster ride ever. And it goes both ways. They experienced just as much heartburn as we did. And thank GOD it went our way Go Jackets!!!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
That game was number 1 for me. It barely beats out the 2008 UGA game and the Calvin Clempsen game. Too many emotions to describe but I ended the game on the ground exhausted and in complete shock. The refs tried to take it from us and even the play calling on Paul's part tried to take it from us near the end but our guys said "nope **** that we're winning this game" that's how they've been all year and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. Go Jackets!

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
The 1962 Bama game was followed by Ray Charles and the Raylettes that nite at the big tit. It was thrilling but this game has deeper meaning even without Ray Charles singing "Georgia".

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is the most amazing emotional win I have ever experienced as a 35 year TECH fan. That's right. I'm calling this win number one. UVA 1990 gets pushed down to number 2.

I feel the same way, there are many great moments over 53 years of watching Tech play football, but this one was sweet. It's the classic example of Georgia Tech football, winning when they're not supposed to and overcoming adversity.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I was at the 1962 bama game, 1991 Citrus Bowl, 1969 ugag, many others of great significance.

The fact that both teams were highly ranked adds to the win, but the thing I will remember most about this game is that GEORGIA TECH MANNED UP! We could have quit in so many ways & so many times.

BUT THE GUYS NEVER QUIT - To the contrary, EVERY SINGLE TIME IT STARTED TO TURN AGAINST US - WE GOT UP AND PUNCHED THEM IN THE MOUTH EVEN HARDER!
This is a season long character of this team!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think I lived and died 100 times, this game was a small sample size of what it's like to be a GT fan, exilerating and excruciating ... CHEERS to the team and all of us !!!
I remember the 1990 UVA game very clearly, I still have it on tape. The difference for me with this game is this GT team, they have entered into the "special" category for me. Has anyone seen the video of the fans welcoming the team buses back on campus ... AWESOME !!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This was the most gut wrenching win I can recall. 08 was more fun, came from wAy back and took comfortable lead I never feared of losing. Much more relaxing type fun. I cherish this one more though for a couple reasons. One was the way our scrappy azz team kept fighting for the win. The other because this was a truly painful loss for the mutts. Most just knew they were gonna win. And then boom!! The mutts were soooo deflated leaving the game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One regret from Saturday. Some biach mutt behind me yelled "Georgia Tech sucks" right after they scored their last TD. I got caught up in the win and forgot about it but wish I had returned that to her in kind after DJs pick.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me rephrase: I'm surprise there is no mention of the 09 ACCCG vs. Clemson as one up and down emotional roller coaster games

But I thought that game didn't actually happen;).

Was in the stands for that one. Yes it was a roller coaster, but never actually felt like we were going to lose.

Yesterday, there were several times that I absolutely thought we were going to lose, to be followed within minutes of absolutely convinced we were going to win, to be followed within minutes that we were ......