How the Air Raid would Improve our offense tremendousley

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I like some other people want us to hire Zach Kittley as our new OC and bring the air raid along. I remember Mike leach saying it is the same concept as the TO and he is a big fan of it as well. Anyways I feel that the Air Raid would work for us in the sense that we would include many more of our recivers and that the times that we run smith isn't a main horse back but, can make bug plays with a limited anount of carries. The main thing is finding a QB to fit Sims wouldn't But Zack Gibson transfering from akron is from alpharetta and I looked he has what it takes to run Kittley's offense. I also looked at some games and the WKU defense hasn't been exactly world beaters but, still better than ours they were still winning games giving up 30+ at times so the explosiveness of the Air Raid Would be able to push us over I feel like.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no faith that CGC or ADTS have their head out of the sand that they will aggressively pursue and secure Kittley who is one of the hottest OC's,

They probably end up offering to some dried up has been... Chan Gailey anyone?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I like some other people want us to hire Zach Kittley as our new OC and bring the air raid along. I remember Mike leach saying it is the same concept as the TO and he is a big fan of it as well. Anyways I feel that the Air Raid would work for us in the sense that we would include many more of our recivers and that the times that we run smith isn't a main horse back but, can make bug plays with a limited anount of carries. The main thing is finding a QB to fit Sims wouldn't But Zack Gibson transfering from akron is from alpharetta and I looked he has what it takes to run Kittley's offense. I also looked at some games and the WKU defense hasn't been exactly world beaters but, still better than ours they were still winning games giving up 30+ at times so the explosiveness of the Air Raid Would be able to push us over I feel like.

The immediate impact of installing the air raid

From 1994-1996 the University of Kentucky went 9-24[3] while scoring 149, 223, and 138 points. Upon hiring Hal Mumme, they went 18-17 while scoring 348, 431, and 328 points from 1997-1999.

From 1996-1998 the University of Oklahoma scored 255, 232, and 184 points.[4] In 1999 they would score 430 points and finish 13-0 while scoring 481 points in 2000. The 481 points were the most they had scored in a season since 1987 when they were coached by Barry Switzer.

From 1997-1999 Texas Tech University scored 245, 315, and 253 points.[5] From 2000-2002 they would score 330, 402, and 537 points while improving their record to 9-5 by 2002. From 2002-2009 they never won fewer than 8 games under Mike Leach.

From 2000-2002 the University of Houston scored 211, 190, and 320 points.[6] In 2003, under Art Briles, they scored 448 points. That was the most since 1990 when they were coached by John Jenkins. Art would have 2 more seasons in which his teams would score over 440 points in a season. Kevin Sumlin would then take that up a notch with his teams scoring 528, 591, 452, and 660 points from 2008-2011.

From 2009-2011 the University of Texas A&M scored 427, 382, and 475 points.[7] Kevin Sumlin took over and led the 2012 Aggies to an 11-2 record while scoring 578 points and garnering a Heisman Trophy for QB Johnny Manziel.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think something like the air raid would be fantastic, at least for short term gains. I don't think that's what CGC is looking for, though, but maybe firing Patenaude is partially a recognition that winning needs to come before vision.

I think the more diversity in the offensive system, the more it relies on game prep, and that is the biggest difference in our staff from the upper echelon. We're always looking at coordinators and coaches, etc., but the big boys hire oodles of analysts to inform the staff. We need something inherently simpler but whose scheme puts pressure on the defense without having to create matchups and manipulate the game plan in real time.

Jmonty71

Banned
The air raid is like any other offense. When it works it's a thing of beauty and when it doesn't it's uglier than homemade sin. The triple option was no different. When it was working, man was it fun to watch. When it wasn't working it was like watching a train wreck. I am not opposed to an air raid type offense, as long as it works. I personally, want to see a 2 back pro set. One that allows us to be creative with offense plays. I like the deep passes, as it stretches the field and opens up the short passes and slants. I also know that usually who controls the ground gain, usually wins the game. So, I want to be able to run the ball to eat time up, when we have leads. We usually do well at getting RB's, so having a 2 back set would be great. We fail to highlight the talent we have, all too often.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand. What are we supposed to take away from this?
We're doing a GSU redux thing except at a lower win percentage because of our schedule difficulty.

CPJ
CPJ after being put on blood pressure medication (Sewak)
Collins is our BVG except we're doing that stage for four years because *reasons*
Next stage is air raid

Once that fails, we might dabble with some flexbone, but maybe we should skip ahead to the Willie Fritz-esque era.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
We're doing a GSU redux thing except at a lower win percentage because of our schedule difficulty.

CPJ
CPJ after being put on blood pressure medication (Sewak)
Collins is our BVG except we're doing that stage for four years because *reasons*
Next stage is air raid

Once that fails, we might dabble with some flexbone, but maybe we should skip ahead to the Willie Fritz-esque era.
Got it. Thanks...

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
You know, the irony is that I wanted Willy Fritz over Geoff originally exactly because of what he did at Ga Southern...

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue though that collins is Tyson Summers. BVG was just an ******* and bounced in one year. Tyson Summers set southern back to pre monken levels. Also as soon as coach who knew what he was doing (lundsford) took over they went 11-3 with the same people.