How the Air Raid would Improve our offense tremendousley

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue though that collins is Tyson Summers. BVG was just an ******* and bounced in one year. Tyson Summers set southern back to pre monken levels. Also as soon as coach who knew what he was doing (lundsford) took over they went 11-3 with the same people.
Then got fired a few years later lol

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Then got fired a few years later lol

Lundsford was fired because he lost discipline with his team. Not because of an x's and os defecieny. Lundsford actually got fired not for losing but because on of the offensive lineman rode on top of a schoolbuss shotgunning a beer.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, with our scary OL, meh receivers, and somewhat mistake prone QB how is the freaking air-raid a good idea?

Actually the air raid gets around offensive line deficiencies by getting the ball out very quick. You also spread your line out like we did in the flex which spreads the defense and threatens run. Both schemes are meant for teams that can't recruit NFL lineman often.

JacketFan137

Banned
our RBs are talented and we are recruiting the position well. we shouldn’t be focused on passing more

if anything i felt like we didn’t run enough with sims and we should have stole some concepts from gus malzahn’s auburn or the ravens with lamar jackson.

overall i think the issue wasn’t so much the scheme i just felt like our playcalling would get so stale and we’d look fire on the opening drives then not do **** for the 2nd and 3rd quarters

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand of Air Raid principles, you don't need the strongest arm in the world, but you do need to be accurate. Has anyone seen Peery enough to know if he would work?

JacketFan137

Banned
That may be the case, but if I knew my career was on the line, I wouldn't take any options off the table...
he’s not gonna start an inferior QB as an attempt to save his job. sims is basically a freshman who had a bad o line. people gotta be more patient.

people forget most of paul’s recruits needed time to come around. suddenly we expect every qb to be joe hamilton day 1

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
our RBs are talented and we are recruiting the position well. we shouldn’t be focused on passing more

if anything i felt like we didn’t run enough with sims and we should have stole some concepts from gus malzahn’s auburn or the ravens with lamar jackson.

overall i think the issue wasn’t so much the scheme i just felt like our playcalling would get so stale and we’d look fire on the opening drives then not do **** for the 2nd and 3rd quarters

Having talented runninbacks makes the air raid work even better. It kinda gives you the demarius thomas effect. Though instead of getting one on one coverage on the outside you are running into a soft nickel alignments. Gibbs ironically was the perfect air raid running back. A threat out of the back field and if he had space he took off. Dontae smith could fill this roll as well as could griffen.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
he’s not gonna start an inferior QB as an attempt to save his job. sims is basically a freshman who had a bad o line. people gotta be more patient.

people forget most of paul’s recruits needed time to come around. suddenly we expect every qb to be joe hamilton day 1
I think you may be misunderstanding the discussion. The hypothetical question is what happens if we go to an Air Raid offense. One of the legitimate questions is whether or not Sims is accurate enough to allow that possibility. As an extension of that question, we are wondering if Peery would be a viable option should Sims not have the required accuracy. There is no implied criticism anywhere in the conversation...

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I think you may be misunderstanding the discussion. The hypothetical question is what happens if we go to an Air Raid offense. One of the legitimate questions is whether or not Sims is accurate enough to allow that possibility. As an extension of that question, we are wondering if Peery would be a viable option should Sims not have the required accuracy. There is no implied criticism anywhere in the conversation...
Exactly.

JacketFan137

Banned
Having talented runninbacks makes the air raid work even better. It kinda gives you the demarius thomas effect. Though instead of getting one on one coverage on the outside you are running into a soft nickel alignments. Gibbs ironically was the perfect air raid running back. A threat out of the back field and if he had space he took off. Dontae smith could fill this roll as well as could griffen.
yeah that makes sense. still i feel like people are just throwing out wild ideas for no reason. the o line play was so bad any way i don’t think it really matters

we also can’t give up 500+ yards and generate zero turnovers and expect to win.

i think we have the qb and skill position guys to run a modern spread. we just have to get o line play and playcalling more imaginative than running jordan mason straight up the gut on every 4th and short

JacketFan137

Banned
or like an actual good coach we could focus on building the offense around the talent we have and not force a system just to be forcing a system?

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to come off overly snarky, but that is what we thought we were getting 3 years ago. At this point, having a well defined system may be exactly what we need.

JacketFan137

Banned
I don't want to come off overly snarky, but that is what we thought we were getting 3 years ago. At this point, having a well defined system may be exactly what we need.

yeah let’s just start a new rebuild during the one we’re currently having! going to a new system which we don’t have the players for right now, is a great way for us to be having this same discussion this time next year after another 3-9 season where we fail to utilize talent on the roster

just bring in a guy who runs a modern offense and can continue to develop guys like sims and peery and get pyron better. let’s lean on the good running backs we have and hope that blackburn is as advertised when he returns from injury.

let’s get some o line transfer targets so we don’t get bullied by even acc teams like pitt and miami

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Your forgeting the portal and I did mention sims can not run that offense
Oh I am not forgetting the portal. I was just throwing out 1 name. Peery is another name. Also, I would not throw Sims out completely. The QB in the Air Raid just has to make quick reads.

As far as O-Line, we had trouble again this season with pass pro. The Air Raid could play to our advantage as it causes defenses to blitz less due to the quick passing scheme.