How Many Yards Will GT Run For Against Duke

How Many Yards Will GT Run For Against Duke?

• Less than 100

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 100-200

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 200-300

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • 300-400

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • 400-500

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Above 500

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t last year against them. Matter of fact they’ve had Cutcliffe has had Paul’s number recently. Duke IS not Louisville.

Oh, I agree that Dook has had our number recently. I also agree they are much better than L'Ville.

I just think that the way our OL is playing and with TM and TO's ability to find the creases up the middle, that crowding the line would end up better for us than if they played a Taco Bell look. We are firing off and getting through the trash really well right now.

We are half way through the season with 6 games left and several tough games left. Would have liked to see Graham in for a couple of series on this blowout. He can play 4 games out of 6 and still redshirt.
We may need him later, so, in spite of the reps he would have gotten, it was smart not to use him YET

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I personally hope we dont need graham id rather not risk him losing an off season to injury
You can’t play football with that thought. If we are winning big he needs to play imo. Let him experience college football so if he wins the starting job next year it’s not completely new to him.

Deleted member 2897

If we don't have a passing game we wont beat Puke. I thought we should have passed at least 12 to 15 times last night.
The bright spot on defense are the turn overs. But 31 points not. Take away the 21 first quarter points the score is 45 to 31. I think we have to score 45 minimum to beat puke.

Why would we pass when we were averaging almost 9 yards a run?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I love a good passing game, but come on, if we're destroying a team on the ground and they can't stop us (see Louisville. see Bowling Green), no reason to deviate from what works.

Now that doesn't mean we won't need to pass against Duke to keep their DBs honest, but if they're giving us 5+ yards a run, CPJ should keep stuffing it down their throat.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think some people forget who the DC was.

In post game presser, CPJ spoke about the "last time" we played them, meaning Notre Dame, iiuc.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I love a good passing game, but come on, if we're destroying a team on the ground and they can't stop us (see Louisville. see Bowling Green), no reason to deviate from what works.

Now that doesn't mean we won't need to pass against Duke to keep their DBs honest, but if they're giving us 5+ yards a run, CPJ should keep stuffing it down their throat.

The best thing to ensure an effective passing game for our offense is a devastating rushing game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Because it isn't all about one game. Yes, we can run for 1000 yards against a team that has no clue how to defend the run. That doesn't help you against teams that do know how to defend the run. If you only pass when you absolutely have to, you'll look like you only pass when you absolutely have to.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Duke will try to do to us what we do to others. They want to hog the ball and the clock. We need to get them off the field quickly and finish our drives in the end zone.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Because it isn't all about one game. Yes, we can run for 1000 yards against a team that has no clue how to defend the run. That doesn't help you against teams that do know how to defend the run. If you only pass when you absolutely have to, you'll look like you only pass when you absolutely have to.
Using that logic we should have took a knee on every play in the 4th quarter and punted so the defense could get some practice defending the pass. ( sounds crazy doesn't it ? To stop doing something they can't stop is also ) IMO