How Many Yards Will GT Run For Against Duke

How Many Yards Will GT Run For Against Duke?

• Less than 100

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 100-200

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 200-300

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • 300-400

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • 400-500

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Above 500

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
If we don't have a passing game we wont beat Puke. I thought we should have passed at least 12 to 15 times last night.
The bright spot on defense are the turn overs. But 31 points not. Take away the 21 first quarter points the score is 45 to 31. I think we have to score 45 minimum to beat puke.

Last edited:

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
If we don't have a passing we wont beat Puke. I thought we should have passed at least 12 to 15 times last night.
The bright spot on defense are the turn overs. But 31 points not. Take away the 21 first quarter points the score is 45 to 31. I think we have to score 45 minimum to beat puke.

No, we did not need to pass. Good grief, man, we rolled up 540 yards and scored 66 points.

You take what they give you.

And what the hell does “take away the 21 first quarter points....” mean?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are half way through the season with 6 games left and several tough games left. Would have liked to see Graham in for a couple of series on this blowout. He can play 4 games out of 6 and still redshirt.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
No we didn't NEED to pass. But we need to develop a passing game. IMO it was an opportunity to develop it.
But that's the difference between many of us and Coach. Here I agree with him: there are only three things that can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad. If you can run effectively, passing isn't necessary. Further, as has been shown recently, TaQuon can throw well. What he needs to do it is an effective running game.

That said, I think we will have to throw some against Puke. But the best way to stop them is to hold on to the ball. If we run well, we can do that. They're ok on O, so we need to be on the march.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I expect to see a lot of bubble screens and we better tackle well in the open field. They use their TE a lot and split him out for one on one coverage. I think I read that one of their backs is out with achilles heel tear. Their strength will be against our biggest weakness. We better be real good on offense.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Tobias is looking good. He will get more PT and should. We are just a hit away from him being the starter. When we get 60+ two straight games one would think 3rd string QB would get some snaps. PJ must not have a lot of confidence in our D.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We are half way through the season with 6 games left and several tough games left. Would have liked to see Graham in for a couple of series on this blowout. He can play 4 games out of 6 and still redshirt.
I want to save that, just in case TQ or TO gets hurt and then we don't have to burn JG's redshirt on top of that.

slugboy

Staff member
I expect to see a lot of bubble screens and we better tackle well in the open field. They use their TE a lot and split him out for one on one coverage. I think I read that one of their backs is out with achilles heel tear. Their strength will be against our biggest weakness. We better be real good on offense.

I expect a lot of rub routes and crossing patterns. If I was an opposing offensive coordinator watching the Louisville game, I’d go after our corners deep and our linebackers across the middle.

Which is 9/10ths of anyone’s intermediate to long passing playbook.

I’d run about 20-25 times just to keep our defense out of an all game dime defense, but the main point would be to make sure we keep our run defenders in the game and key on play action.

For us, I think we need to shut down the pass and make them run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Right now we’re trying to preserve QB3’s redshirt.

Bingo. God forbid Tech needs to have Graham as #2 QB in event of injury to TM or Tobias, but here's to saving his "four free redshirt-year games" either (1) as late in the season as possible, and/or (2) for the unlikely event of using Graham in some special package of plays in the four most winnable games remaining on the regular-season schedule. (Yes, I know, option 2 is highly unlikely, but if Graham truly is as athletically gifted as many have said, such a scenario wouldn't completely surprise me.)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Over the off-season, OkState hired away Duke's DC, Jim Knowles, and Cut promoted his DL coach and safeties coach to Co-DC's. The play-caller is apparently the 29 yr old safeties coach.

So, it seems to me, that we will likely see the same scheme with less experience in play-calling. I certainly hope the advantage goes to CPJ.

Give the last two games, TM clearly no longer feels the need to do too much. The BG DL shifted at the line like we've seen from duke and vpi, and he handled it fine. Our amount of rushing yards will be determined by how well our D gets stopped imo.