Honeycomb Helmets for Sale

grb916

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone planning on purchasing? I'm seriously considering, if for no other reason than I don't know when I'd have the opportunity to get a game-used helmet again...

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I plan to buy a signed Kenny Anderson jersey, BeBe signed football, Calvin Johnson signed poster, Bobby Ross signed 8x10, all for less than $1000 in the coming weeks. Helmet seems overpriced when comparing to other GREAT options on the market.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Was thinking about buying but after looking at the webpage, there is no info about the helmet other than it was game worn. I thought we'd know which game/player we'd be buying.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Was thinking about buying but after looking at the webpage, there is no info about the helmet other than it was game worn. I thought we'd know which game/player we'd be buying.
More than likely it was from multiple games, idk why they wouldn’t put which players though. Maybe they didn’t keep good record of that after the player left GT, because this might not have been planned until after the new apparel deal.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
More than likely it was from multiple games, idk why they wouldn’t put which players though. Maybe they didn’t keep good record of that after the player left GT, because this might not have been planned until after the new apparel deal.

I called to ask. It's an NCAA rule about using names of student-athletes. Same reason you could get a number 21 jersey while Calvin and Dwyer were playing without a name on the back.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A few thoughts:

1) My guess is they won't say the players' names for legal reasons. Similar to how schools no longer sell jerseys with player numbers and names i.e., profiting off of their name/likeness.

If that's true, then maybe a workaround is for GT to say they'll disclose the names only after purchase, so buyers aren't inclined to purchase "only if" it's so-and-so's.

2) Also believe @tech_wreck47's theory makes sense i.e., maybe the school just doesn't know.

3) Continuing the thought on #2, I'm guessing there are more than 85 helmets. Always need back-ups. So do you want to find out yours is a game-used, but only for the Alcorn St. or whatever game?

ETA: @TechCubed slid in confirmation of #1 as I was typing.

I plan to buy a signed Kenny Anderson jersey, BeBe signed football, Calvin Johnson signed poster, Bobby Ross signed 8x10, all for less than $1000 in the coming weeks. Helmet seems overpriced when comparing to other GREAT options on the market.
As Flea (a player's dad) posted last week, that's the going cost of helmets.....same as his son would have to pay to have one for himself.