Honeycomb Helmets for Sale

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051418aab.html

Georgia Tech athletics’ sale of game-worn football helmets was a huge success on Monday, as the 125 available helmets sold out in just two-and-a-half hours.

The game-worn white “honeycomb” helmets went on sale on Monday at 10 a.m. and were all claimed by 12:30 p.m. Select fans – including 2018 season-ticket holders, active Alexander-Tharpe Fund members at the Heisman level or above and Life Members, as well as contributors to the 2018 Georgia Tech Football Recruiting Challenge – were eligible to purchase helmets on a first-come, first-served basis for $600 apiece. Proceeds will go towards the renovation of Georgia Tech football’s student-athlete lounge and recovery area.

With the success of Monday’s sale, Georgia Tech athletics will continue to explore options to present season-ticket holders with exclusive opportunities.

Yeah, I was unable due to being inside and area where my phone wouldn't work, while working .
Had planned to take lunch and do so, but got held up on the job. So of anyone has an extra they want to sell or maybe ebay soon will be my option.

Geeze..:(
Considering the great success they had yesterday in selling that lot of helmets, don't jump the gun and buy some unauthorized item online. Wait for the next offering. Surely there will be more,

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Considering the great success they had yesterday in selling that lot of helmets, don't jump the gun and buy some unauthorized item online. Wait for the next offering. Surely there will be more,

I emailed the AA about something in the future and they confirmed they are in the process of doing another exclusive sale of some kind for season ticket holder's and the Info.will be released soon.
This I will definitely make myself available for.
Not going to jump the gun as you mentioned.
I definitely do not want my money wasted by being impulsive.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

I emailed the AA about something in the future and they confirmed they are in the process of doing another exclusive sale of some kind for season ticket holder's and the Info.will be released soon.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

This comment was so nice, I liked it twice.. haha

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Game worn jerseys would be cool but I think they need to stop there. I don’t want to see a “Athletic Supporters for Athletics Supporters” fundraiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting. Seems like the sale time confirms my gut feeling that they might have underpriced the helmet.

I wonder what you can do to augment the value of this sort of thing without being exploitative. Adding context, like an explanatory plaque is common in deaccessioned museum objects. Make that a letter from coaches or something with relevant stories might add some $$$.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I was unable due to being inside and area where my phone wouldn't work, while working .
Had planned to take lunch and do so, but got held up on the job. So of anyone has an extra they want to sell or maybe ebay soon will be my option.

Geeze..:(

At this point, you should feel free to buy one of the replica helmets that got linked on here and claim it was a backup helmet worn by one of the redshirt players.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Seems like the sale time confirms my gut feeling that they might have underpriced the helmet.

I wonder what you can do to augment the value of this sort of thing without being exploitative. Adding context, like an explanatory plaque is common in deaccessioned museum objects. Make that a letter from coaches or something with relevant stories might add some $$$.

I have a hard time saying they were undervalued. The only thing that gives a piece of merchandise any value over an agreed price is who the athlete was that wore it ether college or pro. As far as this sale/fund raiser goes, IMO, they handled it perfectly. A limited number at a fixed, known price that folks could decide is buying one was worth it. If you look back my initial to the price was not positive but once I realized what the funds were to be used for I decided it was worth it for me :) Others may have had the same decision for the same reason or not but ultimately they sold out very quickly. Whether mine was worn by Lance Austin or not was very much TIC, it had no bearing on my decision to buy

I have a hard time saying they were undervalued. The only thing that gives a piece of merchandise any value over an agreed price is who the athlete was that wore it ether college or pro. As far as this sale/fund raiser goes, IMO, they handled it perfectly. A limited number at a fixed, known price that folks could decide is buying one was worth it. If you look back my initial to the price was not positive but once I realized what the funds were to be used for I decided it was worth it for me :) Others may have had the same decision for the same reason or not but ultimately they sold out very quickly. Whether mine was worn by Lance Austin or not was very much TIC, it had no bearing on my decision to buy
$600 was just out of my price range, but I certainly consider it a fair value, especially considering what Flea posted. It seemed like a good deal to me, but one I just couldn't afford. Plus, I never liked the honeycomb helmets and really didn't want one. Now if it has been white with no honeycomb, or gold, I might have changed my position on what I could afford. LOL