Honeycomb Helmets for Sale

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I have a hard time saying they were undervalued. The only thing that gives a piece of merchandise any value over an agreed price is who the athlete was that wore it ether college or pro.
He's saying that the total allotment of helmets selling out in such a short amount of time is an indicator that the AA undervalued the real market value of the helmets and should've asked for a higher price.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
He's saying that the total allotment of helmets selling out in such a short amount of time is an indicator that the AA undervalued the real market value of the helmets and should've asked for a higher price.

This was what caught my eye.

I wonder what you can do to augment the value of this sort of thing without being exploitative.

From an intrinsic standpoint a helmet worn by JT or LA is going to be valued higher than one worn by a walkon. By basing the sale on the retail value of the helmets the GTAA gives an equal value to all 125 helmets properly as evidenced by how quickly they sold out.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
If we were to hypothetically name who wore the helmet it would likely devalue a vast majority of the helmets and thus likely the entire lot would sell for less than $600*125. Not that we could name names in the first place but it's an interested hypothetical to consider.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If we were to hypothetically name who wore the helmet it would likely devalue a vast majority of the helmets and thus likely the entire lot would sell for less than $600*125. Not that we could name names in the first place but it's an interested hypothetical to consider.

Yeah I don’t think our high end players helmets would go for high enough to offset the low end of backups and walk ons. Even without getting into NCAA regulations, I prefer the anonymous sale model to the other. I do think they should tell you who wore it after you buy it though (not that I’ll know, I didn’t buy one).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
$600 was just out of my price range, but I certainly consider it a fair value, especially considering what Flea posted. It seemed like a good deal to me, but one I just couldn't afford. Plus, I never liked the honeycomb helmets and really didn't want one. Now if it has been white with no honeycomb, or gold, I might have changed my position on what I could afford. LOL

How much would you pay for a navy helmet with gold GT? :D

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Helmet is here :D

upload_2018-5-25_14-44-42.jpeg