Honeycomb Helmets for Sale

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone posting seems to want better teams that compete. Moving forward that cost $$$$. We compete with MIT, Rice , Stanford , etc on academics and factories in D1 sports. Hard balance to maintain but that’s the goal. Not aware of too. Many colleges who meet this challenge. The helmet sale seems like an innovative avenue to raise money versus just asking people who give more than average to just keep giving money. These are gt history and are limited quantity . They should move well. If this is not for you please stay positive with the comments to motivate those who could be interested to participate . I like what I see and hear from Todd.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Everyone posting seems to want better teams that compete. Moving forward that cost $$$$. We compete with MIT, Rice , Stanford , etc on academics and factories in D1 sports. Hard balance to maintain but that’s the goal. Not aware of too. Many colleges who meet this challenge. The helmet sale seems like an innovative avenue to raise money versus just asking people who give more than average to just keep giving money. These are gt history and are limited quantity . They should move well. If this is not for you please stay positive with the comments to motivate those who could be interested to participate . I like what I see and hear from Todd.
Bunch of commies on this board want everyone else to pay for it.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If I was a Season Ticket Holder and at the required AT Fund level I'd do it in a heart beat. How,ever, once it becomes apparent that no other STH will purchase them, open it to the general public.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I love this idea, but this part of the note gives me a sad:
“The white "honeycomb" helmet design is being discontinued as part of Georgia Tech athletics' brand refinement and transition to adidas.”
I really would have liked to see adidas play around with a hexacomb design as part of our branding. It has the potential to be a unique identifier, plus I dig geometric patterns.

Deleted member 2897

$600 is not bad. I mean it is if you want to compare it to how much it cost to make. But in this case it’s fundraising. If you think of it as a donation to help those renovations, then its $600 and you get a helmet as a side benefit.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Glad I filled out the survey they sent out a while back because it looks like they read them and are using them. Hope they will a couple more of my suggestions. A full size replica helmet goes for over a $100. So $600 for a game used helmet is not that bad.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Is $600 really a lot if you already purchased season tickets, and gave at least 2,000 dollars?

Should be chump change for some of you Big Baller GT grads.

Now, if they can release a $20 helmet for broke students, they would really be in business :cool::D

You only have to be one of the following to be able to purchase a helmet:
  • a 2018 football season-ticket holder;
  • an active Alexander-Tharpe Fund member at the Heisman level or above or a Life Member;
  • a contributor to the 2018 Georgia Tech Football Recruiting Challenge (at any level).
If you are not yet eligible you can become eligible by doing one of the following:
  • purchase season tickets
  • make a gift of $1,000 or more to the A-T Fund
  • make a gift of $1,000 or more to the 2018 Georgia Tech Football Recruiting Challenge

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If I was a Season Ticket Holder and at the required AT Fund level I'd do it in a heart beat. How,ever, once it becomes apparent that no other STH will purchase them, open it to the general public.

As the poster above mentioned, you do not have to be a Season Ticket Holder AND donate at a certain AT fund level. Just being a season ticket holder qualifies you to purchase.

I am not sure if you are a season ticket holder or not, but I just wanted to clarify.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
$600.00? WOW !!!
But they were used in a game!!!!

Guess they are for the GT fan that has just about everything else. $600 [emoji51] yikes!! Won't be in my display.
But if you have a business and can expense it as a decoration you can swing it.

If it was mine as a player, then I'd consider it. I.e. sentimental value.

But hey, if GTAA can sell and get some $s, well done for doing so.

Milwaukee

Banned
I love this idea, but this part of the note gives me a sad:
“The white "honeycomb" helmet design is being discontinued as part of Georgia Tech athletics' brand refinement and transition to adidas.”
I really would have liked to see adidas play around with a hexacomb design as part of our branding. It has the potential to be a unique identifier, plus I dig geometric patterns.

Stop it. Walk away.