Homecoming against VT to kick at 12 noon on RSN.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Is Peters Parking Deck tailgate still a thing? It has been so far this year. Don't forget you can buy beer in the stadium now so you don't have to pregame quite so hard.
Cool. Is it still a decent selection of food?
As for not drinking as much before the game with our detense I found it better to be good and drunk

I have to pace myself. If not, I'd blackout before halftime. I at least want to remember the 1st half.
I'll likely bring some of my beer but not enough to black out, unless the game goes poorly I may want to have re-thought that point.
Planning on after-beers/dinner at Bold Monk.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

These advanced stats are showing an exciting game of 17-15 Hokies. Should be fun!

I'm hoping that based off what these are showing (if I'm reading them right) and some of the highlights i saw from the Syracuse game i think we should have some success running the ball. If we can turn that into points is another question all together, but if we do i think we'll win

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

These advanced stats are showing an exciting game of 17-15 Hokies. Should be fun!

I'm hoping that based off what these are showing (if I'm reading them right) and some of the highlights i saw from the Syracuse game i think we should have some success running the ball. If we can turn that into points is another question all together, but if we do i think we'll win

ESPN has us 61% likely to win. https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282671

It will be interesting. Whoever wins the turnover battle usually wins the game in close ones. Hopefully we tackle the runner first and not the football.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Listening to Coach Thacker, it’s no surprise to me that 99 had such a good game against our D. It was obvious during the game that we were to focused on trying to take the ball away instead of just tackling him.

I like listening to Coach Patenude. He does a good job of explaining things instead of all coach speak, no substance

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
View of the game from a VT site

All 3 pick VT in a close game, but all of them also say that is just a gut and that it could easily go the other way.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
View of the game from a VT site

All 3 pick VT in a close game, but all of them also say that is just a gut and that it could easily go the other way.
The PFF scores don't say good things about our LB corps. We're just a below average D except for the Clemson and UNC games. We need to get that back this week or it's gonna be a slide to the finish.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a game where TO's are likely to have an oversize impact. All the metrics suggest a very close game.
I'm hoping VT's defensive issues with mobile QB's continue.

If it comes down to the kicking game VT will have an edge there.

Both teams desperately need this win, it will be interesting to see who comes out and plays harder. VT lost last week by giving up 2 TD's in the final 3 minutes of the game (their offense had its best game of the season, but their defense had its worst). GT scored 2 TD's in the final 3 minutes to make the score close.

I feel this is one of the most likely wins left on GT's schedule, so here's hoping for a good Homecoming result.