Homecoming against VT to kick at 12 noon on RSN.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Even with cord cutting, I think Comcast is currently the biggest hole in their distribution. At least Comcast carries Bally....
Yeah the Comcast holdout on the ACC Network is bad but I would put that more on Comcast than the ACC Network. Most providers have been able to come to an agreement with the ACC Network but Comcast is refusing to accept their terms.

On the otherside, since Sinclair purchased the regional sports networks in lat August 2019, they have been constantly dropped by providers (especially streaming providers) when it came time to negotiate new contracts. In fact, DirectTV is the only streaming service to maintain the regional sports packages and that contract was signed in October 2019 less than 2 months after Sinclair took over. My guess is DirectTV (AT&T) was already in negotiations with Fox Sports and Sinclair honored at least portions of those negotiations that they have not offered to anyone else.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Who is in charge of this tv scheduling? It’s insane that we have homecoming against VT and most won’t be able to see it. Also crazy that it’s blacked out in my area. I’m in Augusta. No way it should be blacked out.

I get so tired every year of either not watching or having to search for an hour to just find an illegal streaming site.

Every year I can count on this same shenanigans.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Who is in charge of this tv scheduling? It’s insane that we have homecoming against VT and most won’t be able to see it. Also crazy that it’s blacked out in my area. I’m in Augusta. No way it should be blacked out.

I get so tired every year of either not watching or having to search for an hour to just find an illegal streaming site.

Every year I can count on this same shenanigans.
Here is the work around if you live in a blacked out area:

Last time the game was on the Bally networks there was a Youtuber carrying a livestream of the Bally telecast on Youtube. Search for Ga Tech football on Youtube after the broadcast starts. Not the Youtube TV streaming app but the plain old fashioned Youtube.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Every time this comes up it screams legacy of Swafford, UNC, Duke, Tobacco Road Mafia, hope they are proud of their legacy left to all the ACC fans because of absolute stupidity when they could have gotten out front of this before it became a problem, makes me sick at my stomach when I have to think about it. It could end up being an irreparable damage, let's hope and pray not so. My experience watching academic liberal elites, they screw up everything they touch.
The regional sports channels were great until Bally bought them. They used to be available on every streaming service, but now availability is extremely limited. Somebody (Bally) overpaid and is trying to make up the difference in their carriage fees. Like usual, us end users get shut out unless we are willing to shell out some extra coin.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is the work around if you live in a blacked out area:

Last time the game was on the Bally networks there was a Youtuber carrying a livestream of the Bally telecast on Youtube. Search for Ga Tech football on Youtube after the broadcast starts. Not the Youtube TV streaming app but the plain old fashioned Youtube.
This worked for me as well

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
We do? All I can find for the game time of that one is "TBA".

Meant to say "As long as we have a 7pm kickoff"....whoops

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
What are "community" tailgate options? Is Peters Parking Deck tailgate still a thing? We're driving up in the morning and don't plan to bring much with us, just looking for options for quick bite/beer before the game.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
What are "community" tailgate options? Is Peters Parking Deck tailgate still a thing? We're driving up in the morning and don't plan to bring much with us, just looking for options for quick bite/beer before the game.
Is Peters Parking Deck tailgate still a thing? It has been so far this year. Don't forget you can buy beer in the stadium now so you don't have to pregame quite so hard.