****hole Countries

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

This is not politically correct b.s, these are not just partisan attacks based on nothing, this man is a f’ng moron and human pondscum, why do yall keep defending him? [/QUOTE]

Part of the issue I have around all this is contained in your post....we all (or most of us) use terms like "f'ng moron" and "human pondscum" or the equivalent day to day. But yet we don't want the POTUS saying "****hole country". It's hypocritical and an unfair double standard.

I have used that term myself or its equivalent in reference (for example) to restaurants owned by Mexicans or Chinese or white people or black people or whomever. Lodging establishments owned by Indians or people whose ancestry I was completely unaware of at the time of my comment.. If I say a Chinese restaurant was a "@@@hole restaurant" am I disparaging a race of people? Or am I saying that the particular business did not maintain normally accepted standards of cleanliness or quality of fare? I believe sometimes a cigar is just in fact a cigar.[/QUOTE]

If you don't look at the world thru a racist lens a negative review of a Chinese restaurant is a critique of a restaurant. If you're a racist, it's a critique of Chinese.

It's pretty clear who the racists in this thread are.

Deleted member 2897

Sure I care, by all means please list them with sources

Are you serious? LOLILOOOLOLOL. I think I know the source of your problem.

Go to YouTube.

Search “Joe Biden 7-Eleven”
Search “Joe Biden Gonna Put You Back In Chains”
Search “Hillary Clinton I come too far”
Search “Obama God Damn America”

I could go on all day.

Deleted member 2897

If you don't look at the world thru a racist lens a negative review of a Chinese restaurant is a critique of a restaurant. If you're a racist, it's a critique of Chinese.

It's pretty clear who the racists in this thread are.

And all God’s people said Amen.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Are you serious? LOLILOOOLOLOL. I think I know the source of your problem.

Go to YouTube.

Search “Joe Biden 7-Eleven”
Search “Joe Biden Gonna Put You Back In Chains”
Search “Hillary Clinton I come too far”
Search “Obama God Damn America”

I could go on all day.

Are you seriously comparing these to trump’s history? If so then your nobody to talk about the boy who cried racist

Deleted member 2897

Are you seriously comparing these to trump’s history? If so then your nobody to talk about the boy who cried racist

Stop putting words in other people's mouths and taking things out of context. Both on Trump and around here.

I said you have fake outrage because you take things out of context that frequently aren't even true about Trump, but have no concern for anybody who says stupid stuff on the other side of the aisle. Joe Biden literally said:
1) Obama was the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.
2) That you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. He then followed it up to be clear that he was not joking.
3) He once immitated someone with a thick Indian accent working at a call center, saying ‘I like to talk to you about your credit card.'

Again, I could go on all day.

These are things they actually said. Which doesn't actually compare (speaking of comparing to Trump's history) to this thread, which is in dispute - both if he even said the word and certainly the context. So stop acting like you're outraged.

poor-sanitation-in-haiti.jpg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Biden may have said some idiotic and embarrassing things but none of them compare to trump’s. Also the last time i checked he is not the leader of our country.

Deleted member 2897

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Context be damned, these statements are racist to me (and many, many other people of all political and ethnical backgrounds) and I believe the reporting and the people who have spoken up over The Liar in Chief. My conclusion based on this (plus his past history) is that he is either a racist or the dumbest SOB to ever hold office, or more likely a combination of the two.

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” the president said, referring to Haiti, El Salvador and African countries”

“Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway”

“ Trump was also quoted saying he didn't want anyone else from Haiti coming to the U.S. because "they all have AIDS." Later, he apparently told some staff that there were too many Nigerians in the U.S., and future immigration policy should cut way, way back. If you let them in, he warned, they'll never "go back to their huts."

Deleted member 2897

Context be damned, these statements are racist to me (and many, many other people of all political and ethnical backgrounds) and I believe the reporting and the people who have spoken up over The Liar in Chief. My conclusion based on this (plus his past history) is that he is either a racist or the dumbest SOB to ever hold office, or more likely a combination of the two.

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” the president said, referring to Haiti, El Salvador and African countries”

“Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway”

“ Trump was also quoted saying he didn't want anyone else from Haiti coming to the U.S. because "they all have AIDS." Later, he apparently told some staff that there were too many Nigerians in the U.S., and future immigration policy should cut way, way back. If you let them in, he warned, they'll never "go back to their huts."

Please stop posting the same inaccurate information over and over and over and over. Multiple high-level people in the meeting dispute the content and context of this information. Furthermore, the original reporting of this information came from people secondhand who weren’t even there. I don’t care if it was intelligence people listening to tapped phone lines or microphones – those people obviously have an ax to grind. Because not even **** Durbin came out of the meeting guns a blazing. He only commented into the fray after someone approached him about the story. If all of this information was accurate, true, in the right order, and in the right context, then you would have to wonder why **** Durbin did not care enough to speak up.

Deleted member 2897

Also, just to be clear, please don’t confuse my responses with a defense of Trump as a human being. He surely is the most vulgar and repulsive (in my opinion) president that we will probably ever have.

My 50,000 foot high central point is that this country already proved that they care more about his position on the issues then who he is as a human being. So constantly attacking him as a human being is not going to move the needle on getting him out of power and getting someone else elected.

I hope that makes sense.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Also, just to be clear, please don’t confuse my responses with a defense of Trump as a human being. He surely is the most vulgar and repulsive (in my opinion) president that we will probably ever have.

My 50,000 foot high central point is that this country already proved that they care more about his position on the issues then who he is as a human being. So constantly attacking him as a human being is not going to move the needle on getting him out of power and getting someone else elected.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes that does make sense and i’m glad to see you say that. I disagree that reporting and discussing his flaws won’t move the needle, it may very well have a huge effect in the elections this year and beyond. The gop is married to him now.

Deleted member 2897

Yes that does make sense and i’m glad to see you say that. I disagree that reporting and discussing his flaws won’t move the needle, it may very well have a huge effect in the elections this year and beyond. The gop is married to him now.

I strongly believe we will see something none of us have seen in our lifetime in a couple years - a sitting President gets legtimately primaried.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Yeah definitely, i’d like to see Sen. Sasse get a shot at him in the primaries. This country is going to be dying for a “normal” boring politician by then.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Yea I don't care if he said ****house, ****hole, or ****stain. Its all about the context of what he was talking about. And when you just yell RACIST! before you even know what the discussion was, that says it all.

No your right, the actual profanity doesn’t matter, but it’s very interesting that these two have revised their original story, makes you wonder what is next?

With trump if a quote sounds bad out of context, it is worse in context.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah definitely, i’d like to see Sen. Sasse get a shot at him in the primaries. This country is going to be dying for a “normal” boring politician by then.

Keep an eye on the economy - people will want boring if,and only if, that tanks. Otherwise he keeps his job - if he wants it. Quite frankly, I think he brings a bit of entertainment to the job that has been sorely lacking. Although the tweeting thing is a bit over the top. I, and quite a few others, enjoy how much Trump gets under the left's skin. Of course, if the economy starts tanking, I'll get tired of him too real quick - vulgarity and all. It's like coaching - it's all about the bottom line. Nobody likes Bellichik nor Saban either - but their jobs are safe despite their personality traits. But they better keep winning cause they haven't made many friends.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The economy is good now but his approval numbers are historically bad, it may be that decency wins over $ for once? I think that a lot of people suspect that the econom has very little to do with anything he has done, or they realize that any other gop president would have signed the same bills/orders into law?

Deleted member 2897

Coach Sen. Sasse: "Keep it up and I might run for President in 20/20."
#48 Trump: "Your ****hole self doesn't have the balls to try."
Sen. Sasse: "Oh yea? I officially filed my paperwork yesterday."
Cue mayhem...

APA543.gif

Deleted member 2897

The economy is good now but his approval numbers are historically bad, it may be that decency wins over $ for once? I think that a lot of people suspect that the econom has very little to do with anything he has done, or they realize that any other gop president would have signed the same bills/orders into law?

Well we've had 'decent' Presidents for quite awhile, and look at where that got us.

In my opinion, the stock market was based on expectations of his policies goals - corporate and individual tax cuts, lessened regulations, etc. Presidents always get credit for things they probably shouldn't get credit for, and always get blamed for things they shouldn't get blamed for. Bush 1 was railed against for the recession, even though it had actually ended before the election when he lost after 1 term. People say all the time that Bush 2 had 2 recessions, but the NASDAQ was already down almost 50% before he was even in office. I think we've gotten better now - those previous things would be akin to saying that Obama saved us from the financial collapse even though the Dow had already bottomed out before he was inaugurated. I think the truth is always in the middle. Obama didn't save us from the country blowing up, but his steady non-Trump hand was exactly what people needed back then that we weren't going to fall off a cliff, and with each subsequent positive month more and more people started believing and knowing we would be okay.