Holding call on Joe was killer

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To many mistakes and a good D with a great plan plus outstanding athletes. Our kicking game was horrific.

If only the run Justin made for the td would have counted. I know football is a lot of what ifs, but still. The season is still young and we got a lot to play for still!
Should have been tied at the half--two missed field goals. 0-9 at one point on third down conversions by one of the most efficient 3 down teams in the country. The game was not as lopsided as it ended up. Our offense got it's *** kicked, plain and simple. We were tight for most of the first half but were only down 6. Notre Dame came out playing tougher than we are able to play. We got pushed around on the line of scrimmage and that almost always is a recipe for defeat. Disappointing, but we can still win the Coastal, still win the conference. Have to tighten up pass defense, as a freshman playing his second game carved us up. Cutcliffe might do the same. Ditto Kaaya, Watson, Golson, Lambert. We returned to Earth with a thud.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched Duke today and they didn't look nothing like the last two years. We can win if we refocus. We need to start another streak against them.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If only the run Justin made for the td would have counted. I know football is a lot of what ifs, but still. The season is still young and we got a lot to play for still!
IMHO This game was not as close as the final score would indicate and the officiating, granted it was questionable at times, was the least of our worries. We were exposed by a superior team. Notre Dame, may or may not be a top 10 team, but we most certainly are not worthy of being in the top 20 at the present. Our line got its butt kicked, our special teams were terrible, and we looked out of sync all game. Just not a good performance. Burn the tape and go to the next one.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Roswell only seems to punt well when games are in hand one way or the other. Butker is very inconsistent but has made some big kicks. Gotta get better on special teams and blocking but we did make a late charge and never had any momentum.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ah, well. It's our field and we call them our way. That's the way ir is in college football. I think we'll probably be ready for another game next week.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It looked like Jabari was held on ND's long td run to me
want to see the reply.
Watched from end zone and looked like he would stuff the play when suddenly he seemed to get anchored in cement. Thought the guy 20 junked him - poor closer by dbacks

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't tell me that bad call on Joe does not make a difference. 16-14 makes a different game. Play calling, defensive sets.... Ugh. Notice the no comment from flu tie on the call. He knew.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Our troubles started when we could not get the pre snap read done and the ball snapped in 25 seconds. And that continued to happen. We were just not mentally prepared for their D scheme and never really adjusted. We were just getting outplayed in all phases of the game but we did put out a great effort.... but were totally dominated. One or two plays, or calls, or kicks made no difference. ND was a much stronger team today. Regroup and Go Jackets.