Holding call on Joe was killer

jacob

Banned
Don't tell me that bad call on Joe does not make a difference. 16-14 makes a different game. Play calling, defensive sets.... Ugh. Notice the no comment from flu tie on the call. He knew.
That's the exact way that I feel. That call single handedly changed the game.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our troubles started when we could not get the pre snap read done and the ball snapped in 25 seconds. And that continued to happen. We were just not mentally prepared for their D scheme and never really adjusted. We were just getting outplayed in all phases of the game but we did put out a great effort.... but were totally dominated. One or two plays, or calls, or kicks made no difference. ND was a much stronger team today. Regroup and Go Jackets.
You're right in most of what you're saying but typically a couple of plays are the difference in the game.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Plain and simple we got are *** kicked. The holding call was **** but still. They worked us, no reason to make excuses. Get our **** together and go win some football games

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game...The wind was swirling the whole time, mostly blowing down the field in one direction. Butker had no chance on his second FG attempt kicking into that wind. The first one was an inexplicable miss if he was actually aiming to that side since the wind was blowing that way.

The stadium was a hostile environment for our guys and we looked real young out there. Real young. Not being able to get a play in and set properly seemed to be an issue all day.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
That holding call was tough. Was at the game sitting in Tech section, couldn't really tell how bogus it was from there (as the play was at the other end of the field).

I fully admit that the refs didnt lose the game for us, we came out flat and played the worst we have played since 2008 LSU game or UGA 2012 (IMO). However, the refs sure as hell can make it tough on us. It seemed to me (from the stands and my white and gold tinted glasses) that there were several no calls in the passing game. Fuller looked like he pushed off on all of his long completions and we got held on a few of our pass attempts as well? What did these look like on TV? I swear Fuller pushed off like crazy...

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't tell me that bad call on Joe does not make a difference. 16-14 makes a different game. Play calling, defensive sets.... Ugh. Notice the no comment from flu tie on the call. He knew.

That's great then! If that bad call is what cost us this game against a great team even though we played like crap, good things are ahead.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
If we had to lose, IMO its better to lose to a high ranked out of conference opponent.

I think it will play out that ND is one of the elite teams this year. I thought we played pretty well on defense and Kizer will get better as the season progresses.

We're still a Top 25 team and we really need to refocus on conference play and BEAT DUKE !!

jacob

Banned
Both times Fuller pushed off. Plus it was very obvious he pushed which made it even more annoying that the refs didn't throw the flag. Honestly the refs may have cost us 21 points.
That holding call was tough. Was at the game sitting in Tech section, couldn't really tell how bogus it was from there (as the play was at the other end of the field).

I fully admit that the refs didnt lose the game for us, we came out flat and played the worst we have played since 2008 LSU game or UGA 2012 (IMO). However, the refs sure as hell can make it tough on us. It seemed to me (from the stands and my white and gold tinted glasses) that there were several no calls in the passing game. Fuller looked like he pushed off on all of his long completions and we got held on a few of our pass attempts as well? What did these look like on TV? I swear Fuller pushed off like crazy...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Both times Fuller pushed off. Plus it was very obvious he pushed which made it even more annoying that the refs didn't throw the flag. Honestly the refs may have cost us 21 points.
It wasn't that obvious in the highlight vid I saw, maybe so on another angle. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes after a loss.

Our db's are not good at adjusting to the ball in the air when it's underthrown. Remember the Tulane td? We always seem to be in stride with the wr, then all of a sudden they're jumping for the ball and we're not. Ball skills need work.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Refs weren't the difference, but they weren't helping matters. The Fuller play was definitely a push off. I was about as far away from that play as you could be in the stadium and it was obvious. Horrible no-call

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't that obvious in the highlight vid I saw, maybe so on another angle. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes after a loss.

Our db's are not good at adjusting to the ball in the air when it's underthrown. Remember the Tulane td? We always seem to be in stride with the wr, then all of a sudden they're jumping for the ball and we're not. Ball skills need work.

The video on the reply isn't the best angle. I was straight down the sideline on the opposite side of the field. He fully extended his arms to get separation.

jacob

Banned
Can anything be done to contact the acc about the refs? It bothers me that they can make these game changing calls and not be held accountable.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Can anything be done to contact the acc about the refs? It bothers me that they can make these game changing calls and not be held accountable.
Coaches send in plays to the ACC office every week for review of officiating. I'm just assuming the two that Tech sent in today were the push off and the hold.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Refs weren't the difference, but they weren't helping matters. The Fuller play was definitely a push off. I was about as far away from that play as you could be in the stadium and it was obvious. Horrible no-call
Which one, he made several plays on Saturday? Db's have to be physical and fight through stuff. A lot is let go these days, on both ends of the play. I'm more worried about our guys not getting their heads around, finding the ball, and playing it. I hear lots of defensive players say "when the ball's in the air, it's mine." Well, do it.

jacob

Banned
Which one, he made several plays on Saturday? Db's have to be physical and fight through stuff. A lot is let go these days, on both ends of the play. I'm more worried about our guys not getting their heads around, finding the ball, and playing it. I hear lots of defensive players say "when the ball's in the air, it's mine." Well, do it.
Fuller pushed off on both long catches. You say db's have to fight through stuff. No Db's have to fight through obvious pushoffs. There's a limit to what db's can do when there getting shoved in the back.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Fuller pushed off. Still upset about that no-call. Went from punt to seven points. Unreal.
I was right in the corner of the stadium where he scored the TD, and that was a huge push off with both hands. There was very tight coverage and he got about two yards with the push. I'm pretty sure I even heard a ND fan saying he pushed off on that play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

TD catch = Had it in binoc straight from end zone =clear push that gained sepration by fully extending both arms on DB shoulders.
Without blown call punt into wind but with blown call early TD for freshman 3 rd string qb.
Every call matters. That was a stinker.

Guys catch was so awsome they let it go.
Players arent going to whine, cause the assume we will. So here it is
Call sucked!
(I think they were clearly better, because of defensive play callung. We were shutdown 80% of time )