Holding call on Joe was killer

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game so I didn't see it on TV...did the network show CPJ's "talk" with the FJ after the push off that netted the Irish 7 points? He waited for the ref to come over, had some words with him and actually pushed him to put a point on what he was talking about.

Declinometer

Banned
I was at the game so I didn't see it on TV...did the network show CPJ's "talk" with the FJ after the push off that netted the Irish 7 points? He waited for the ref to come over, had some words with him and actually pushed him to put a point on what he was talking about.
Not that I saw

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
I missed that at the game, would have made me happier to see it... ND fans are so smug and pompous... They seem to have a "bless your heart" "we know more about football than you" toward every fan base in the country...

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
Really? Because you're the only person I've seen say anything negative about their fans.

I can't really tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will say this. There were plenty of them that greeted me with warmth and respect. HOWEVER, it felt like alot of it was veiled in "we're better than you".

To be fair to their fans I did have a much better time in South Bend as opposed to say Athens. Except for their alcohol laws? Can't sell cold beer?

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe the officiating in last year's Duke game was worse than this one. They were still horrible and I thought missed a couple face mask calls against us. ACC refs blow.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Go listen to Milton's postgame presser.

https://gtswarm.com/
CPJ in his weekly Press Conference said on two occasions "our DBs turned the wrong way" on pass coverage plays. On the TD Milton turned (or if you prefer was pushed) inside and the ball was outside where the receiver had position and Milton did not. The receiver cleverly stayed inside the ball on his route and with Milton inside of him there was a long distance from Milton to the ball at the point of the catch. Great athlete with great skills and position strategy on O against a fast, shorter defender with only avg skills off the ground....a mismatch in single coverage..

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
ND cheated and the refs are nazis.
Now thats more like it! Way to go cheese.

I think the place is like the Truman Show.

They are too nice to be real.

However this is a fact = if we play them 10 games we could win 2 of first 4 & 1 of last 6. Taller, bigger, faster, with a good coach = we need to keep improving recruiting and then we win all but 2.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What is the correlation coefficient for the amount of discussion about the refs AFTER a loss? Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't remember any complaining about officials after the Orange Bowl nor after the Tulane and Alcorn games.

Refs vary from game to game. If they allow pushing off by a WR, then push off or shut up. sae with holding, late hits, etc. A pitcher in BB has to adjust to strike zones called by the ump. Basketball teams have to adjust all the time. Football teams should too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What is the correlation coefficient for the amount of discussion about the refs AFTER a loss? Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't remember any complaining about officials after the Orange Bowl nor after the Tulane and Alcorn games.

Refs vary from game to game. If they allow pushing off by a WR, then push off or shut up. sae with holding, late hits, etc. A pitcher in BB has to adjust to strike zones called by the ump. Basketball teams have to adjust all the time. Football teams should too.

Lot of complaining about refs after beating georgie.

Cheese is an ND fan and saw the game as such (not that he not a GT fan more)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Lot of complaining about refs after beating georgie.

Cheese is an ND fan and saw the game as such (not that he not a GT fan more)
You're right, I like ND because my brother went there. He roots for GT, too. But I have no loyalty and my interest in them is very mild. I don't follow them week in and week out, I don't watch their games, I don't know their players and coaches, I don't visit their fan boards. I'm about as far on the periphery as you can get.

I was 100% rooting for my alma mater on Saturday.

What I don't like is the the blaming the refs for the loss when we got flat out beat. ND was the better team on Saturday and probably on most Saturdays, unfortunately.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You're right, I like ND because my brother went there. He roots for GT, too. But I have no loyalty and my interest in them is very mild. I don't follow them week in and week out, I don't watch their games, I don't know their players and coaches, I don't visit their fan boards. I'm about as far on the periphery as you can get.

I was 100% rooting for my alma mater on Saturday.

What I don't like is the the blaming the refs for the loss when we got flat out beat. ND was the better team on Saturday and probably on most Saturdays, unfortunately.

No worries. My brother went to FSU. I grew up a fan, and though I don't follow them now, I still react defensively for them. Knowing that about myself, I watch myself in discussions.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck

Only difference is that our recievers aren't practicing their push off all the time. They're blocking. The lack of holding and pushoffs makes for a large advantage for a passing team.