Holding call on Joe was killer

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lot of complaining about refs after beating georgie.

Cheese is an ND fan and saw the game as such (not that he not a GT fan more)
Thank you, I kept waiting for someone to mention the Georgia game. That is the most complaining about refs I have ever heard and we still won.

I wonder if Georgia had won if we would have fans on here acting like adults and reminding us that the refs didn't cause the loss? They would be right in that instance also since ultimately you have to play well enough that no single call affects the outcome. Refs may not always get it right but in the end their calls are just part of the game.

But golly gee whiz can't we even be allowed to complain about refs in our own house.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wanted either Flanagan or Cherry as I had always been impressed with their crews. I saw that Cherry worked the FSU v BC game and was relieved when I saw Flanagan. I was disappointed with the performance of 2 members of the crew and I'll just leave it said that way.

CPJ in his weekly Press Conference said on two occasions "our DBs turned the wrong way" on pass coverage plays. On the TD Milton turned (or if you prefer was pushed) inside and the ball was outside where the receiver had position and Milton did not. The receiver cleverly stayed inside the ball on his route and with Milton inside of him there was a long distance from Milton to the ball at the point of the catch. Great athlete with great skills and position strategy on O against a fast, shorter defender with only avg skills off the ground....a mismatch in single coverage..
Sooooooooooo. . . . .you're saying we got beat?

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
What I don't like is the the blaming the refs for the loss when we got flat out beat. ND was the better team on Saturday and probably on most Saturdays, unfortunately.

I'm not saying we lost the game because of the refs, nor do I think that is the consensus among the posters. The Golden Domers certainly outplayed us and are for sure a top 10 team.

Having said that, the refs certainly did make it much harder for us to overcome our mistakes. Rewatched parts of the game last night. Clear push off by Fuller on the long conversion. Holding call on JT touchdown was bogus.