He's Back....

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
GT fanbase favorite whipping boy, Tevin Washington, is returning this season as a GA for the offense. I hope there is a new appreciation for what Tevin brought to this offense. I will never take 30+ppg for granted again

He never made too many mistakes. He was always a consistent QB running the option. Should be a good addition to the staff

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
GT fanbase favorite whipping boy, Tevin Washington, is returning this season as a GA for the offense. I hope there is a new appreciation for what Tevin brought to this offense. I will never take 30+ppg for granted again
Yep. Also, best of luck to Steven Sylvester. We'll hear from him again.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
No lol heavens-no... GT fanbase's favorite whipping boy is Reggie Ball hands down! Speaking of which. can somebody please put together a "highlight reel" of Ball's 4-years of ineptitude and post it on YouTube? This historically-bad career must be memorialized for future generations to appreciate.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yards per play is a function of physical ability, heart, preparation, and execution.

Sounds like a good coach.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
No lol heavens-no... GT fanbase's favorite whipping boy is Reggie Ball hands down! Speaking of which. can somebody please put together a "highlight reel" of Ball's 4-years of ineptitude and post it on YouTube? This historically-bad career must be memorialized for future generations to appreciate.

Fans countered Reggie's perceived ineptitude with wins over Auburnx2, and Miami. Tevin could lead the offense on 5 TD drives and still receive harsh criticism bc the defense gave up a lead and he was unsuccessful on a game winning drive

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fans countered Reggie's perceived ineptitude with wins over Auburnx2, and Miami. Tevin could lead the offense on 5 TD drives and still receive harsh criticism bc the defense gave up a lead and he was unsuccessful on a game winning drive

Part of it was some of the fans were infatuated with Vad's abilities. After the UNC 2012 game, and Vad ran for a bazillion yards, the hype train officially left the station, and everyone wanted to play with the QB with a seemingly much higher ceiling. Every time Tevin did anything perceived to be less than what Vad could do, out came the whistles to change QBs.

It was only after the 2013 season (Vad's only season as a full time starter) that people began to realize and appreciate what Tevin did for us despite some of his physical shortcomings.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I recall a time where he did lead a game-winning drive (including a 4th and long conversion) and lost anyway. Thanks, Logan Thomas (with an assist from Al Groh).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I hate that Tevin and Reggie were so badly treated by some of our fans(?). I especially remember when Reggie received the BVP for a bowl win in Ft. Lauderdale and was booed by a group of students. It was not Reggie who screwed up on the fourth down throw in Athens either, it was Patrick Nix who signaled him to spike it on third down.
All of our student athlete deserve our support, not our boos.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Part of it was some of the fans were infatuated with Vad's abilities. After the UNC 2012 game, and Vad ran for a bazillion yards, the hype train officially left the station, and everyone wanted to play with the QB with a seemingly much higher ceiling. Every time Tevin did anything perceived to be less than what Vad could do, out came the whistles to change QBs.

It was only after the 2013 season (Vad's only season as a full time starter) that people began to realize and appreciate what Tevin did for us despite some of his physical shortcomings.

You won't find a bigger supporter of GT football than Reggie.

3-9 make will make you appreciate him also

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
that is exellent

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
also clemson

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You won't find a bigger supporter of GT football than Reggie.

3-9 make will make you appreciate him also

I wrote this in another thread, but it's appropriate here. One of the few times I've ever been embarrassed to be a GT fan was in 2008. Reggie Ball was recovering from an injury that he sustained while on the Detroit Lion's roster, and was hobbling down the BDS steps towards his seat in crutches when a so-called GT fan in front of me yelled "Reggie Ball sucks". I don't advocate violence, but it should have been legal for Reggie to take one his crutches and break it over that guy's head. Some fans are clueless.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I wrote this in another thread, but it's appropriate here. One of the few times I've ever been embarrassed to be a GT fan was in 2008. Reggie Ball was recovering from an injury that he sustained while on the Detroit Lion's roster, and was hobbling down the BDS steps towards his seat in crutches when a so-called GT fan in front of me yelled "Reggie Ball sucks". I don't advocate violence, but it should have been legal for Reggie to take one his crutches and break it over that guy's head. Some fans are clueless.
Cosign. Maybe I'm being Polyannish here, but Reggie's only problem was wanting to win too much. He lost his cool because of it.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I hate that Tevin and Reggie were so badly treated by some of our fans(?). I especially remember when Reggie received the BVP for a bowl win in Ft. Lauderdale and was booed by a group of students. It was not Reggie who screwed up on the fourth down throw in Athens either, it was Patrick Nix who signaled him to spike it on third down.
All of our student athlete deserve our support, not our boos.
I hate to hear anyone talk bad about a Tech student athlete.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I recall a time where he did lead a game-winning drive (including a 4th and long conversion) and lost anyway. Thanks, Logan Thomas (with an assist from Al Groh).

And then he decided to try to force the issue in OT and threw an interception all but giving VT the win.