Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
Returning to Georgetown, do students have a right to attend irrespective of the university rules? Does the university have the legal authority to establish their own rules for attendance?
i'd guess that winds up in the courts and i have no idea of the outcome.
Returning to Georgetown, wasn't it one of them who was the first ever basketball coach to lose our olympic gold medal?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Returning to Georgetown, do students have a right to attend irrespective of the university rules? Does the university have the legal authority to establish their own rules for attendance?
It's a private school. Just like a company, they have the right to make what rules they want to make. You don't have to attend. This reminds me of when Turner said you couldn't smoke and work for Turner, even if you smoked on your own time. No tobacco use allowed at all. They were able to successfully require it.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just that attending Georgetown is not a right or a protected privilege. Go somewhere else if you don't want to be vaccinated.

Deleted member 2897

And the clown show continues. Just watched a couple long exchanges with Dr. Fauci where he was asked probably I'm going to guess 9 or 10 different times to provide something concrete we can shoot for, for when society will return to normal per their recommendations. In other words, at what vaccination percentage of the population and/or what infection rate locally or nationally will people be allowed to go to church normally as an example. He refused to give an answer. 🤷‍♂️ He again missed a very simple answer - as people get vaccinated, those individuals can return to normal life as much as they are comfortable. If you're younger, go for it. If you are older, have any comorbidities, or if you just want to be safe, then keep wearing a mask, stay away from people if you want - but absolutely you can travel, gather with friends, go to church, or anything else you want. There.is.no.risk.of.vaccinated.people.spreading.covid.

The latest data shows that out of tens of millions of people who have been fully vaccinated, only about 75 got covid anyway and died. These were predominantly extremely frail people immune-system wise. 75/10000000 (just to pick an easy round number of 10 million fully vaccinated...but its a lot higher than that) is a 0.000008 death rate. And if you look at those who were young and healthy, its probably similar to getting struck by a meteor. This silly ridiculous clown show has to end. You have to give people reasons to get vaccinated, and you have to follow the science.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Well I barely survived the second shot. sore muscles for about 2 hours and I may have detected a slight fever for about 15 minutes. It was a close call.

I personally plan on going back to completely normal in 2 weeks. I am going to get a hair cut and do a midtown pub crawl. Probably maskless unless there is a no mask no entry policy that they are enforcing

Deleted member 2897

Well I barely survived the second shot. sore muscles for about 2 hours and I may have detected a slight fever for about 15 minutes. It was a close call.

I personally plan on going back to completely normal in 2 weeks. I am going to get a hair cut and do a midtown pub crawl. Probably maskless unless there is a no mask no entry policy that they are enforcing

The science is clear according to the CDC, there is no evidence that people who have been vaccinated can spread covid. If you're worried about catching it from someone else (a tiny percentage of vaccinated people can still acquire covid), you can wear a mask, avoid crowds, etc., at your own choice.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The science is clear according to the CDC, there is no evidence that people who have been vaccinated can spread covid. If you're worried about catching it from someone else (a tiny percentage of vaccinated people can still acquire covid), you can wear a mask, avoid crowds, etc., at your own choice.
They are still investigating whether vaccinated people can spread covid. They haven't made a conclusion one way or the other.

GT_EE78

Banned
Bring it on. I'm down for shots every year just like the flu, so they can make tweaks that protect against the most common variants.
this makes sense, An israeli study reported that those who took the Pfizer vax were 8 times more likely to catch the african variant of the virus than those who were unvaccinated.

Deleted member 2897

They are still investigating whether vaccinated people can spread covid. They haven't made a conclusion one way or the other.

They have studies the CDC has published which state they don’t.

Deleted member 2897

this makes sense, An israeli study reported that those who took the Pfizer vax were 8 times more likely to catch the african variant of the virus than those who were unvaccinated.

That’s the opposite of what it says.

Deleted member 2897

Read again.I stated it correctly

The article I read said it was 8x higher than they would have expected from non vaccinated...in other words 60% effective and not the usual 95%. (5% ineffective x 8 = 40%).

In this article notice the “study” isn’t really a study — it included 6 people who tested positive for Covid. SIX. LOL.

GT_EE78

Banned
The article I read said it was 8x higher than they would have expected from non vaccinated...in other words 60% effective and not the usual 95%. (5% ineffective x 8 = 40%).

In this article notice the “study” isn’t really a study — it included 6 people who tested positive for Covid. SIX. LOL.
small study is true but that's because the african variant is rare in Israel. No surpise that results would vary wildly since the variants didn't even exist when these drugs were invented last year.future formula changes are to be expected to counter these.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Read again.I stated it correctly
Your statement does not reflect the results. They had 2 groups of people who tested positive for COVID, one that was unvaccinated and one that was vaccinated. The variant was 8x more prevalent in the vaccinated group. That doesn't mean that you're more likely to get the variant if you're vaccinated, but if you do happen to get COVID after being vaccinated it is more likely to be the variant when compared to an unvaccinated group.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That article is extremely poorly written. It is almost as if the author was intentionally trying to confuse the readers. It throws out numbers without context. It doesn't summarize any of the data. (A table of the data would be nice.) It actually cites different studies, but doesn't make a clear delineation between them. It has no clear outline, and no clear synopsis. If it were a paper submitted for high school English, it wouldn't get a good grade.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.