HERE COMES MIAMI!!!!!!!

Deleted member 2897

I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan and alumn that signed up just to post this.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters

Despite the the down decade, Miami has and will continue being one the programs that continually produce the most NFL talent. Miami has 44 former players that were on opening day NFL rosters, tied for 4th most with Alabama.

There is a reason why most Canes fans are excited about the future of Hurricane football. We've had a plethora of talent over the years, and we've still found a way to be mediocre. That boils down to only one thing: terrible coaching. No team with this much NFL talent should have been this mediocre over the past decade. Us Hurricane fans look at former players that that were just decent and nothing special, but are tearing it up in the NFL. Like I said, that comes down to bad coaching.

However, we feel like we finally have a competent coach and coaching staff to put the players in a position to win.

So yes, we are extremely optimistic for the future. And our 2018 recruiting class looks absolutely stacked.

Most sane Cane fans think we are at least 1 or 2 years away from making real noise. Richt just started his tenure. With a few more of his recruiting cycles, we should be "back."

Anyways, good luck tomorrow.

Well, I have bad news for you. Coach Mark Richt always had a top 5-7 class at Georgia for several straight years. Yet they finished unranked 3 of the last 4 years. Now figure that out. Furthermore, Georgia had only 1 single player drafted last year (McKenzie), who was a surprise, because he left early for the draft and is only 5'7". So I don't discount your hopes and everything you say seems logical, but those were actually the exact things that got Richt fired at Georgia. He had sky high recruiting classes, and did nothing with it. We've often said around here that in fact nationally we can't think of any school that consistently did less with so much.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I have bad news for you. Coach Mark Richt always had a top 5-7 class at Georgia for several straight years. Yet they finished unranked 3 of the last 4 years. Now figure that out. Furthermore, Georgia had only 1 single player drafted last year (McKenzie), who was a surprise, because he left early for the draft and is only 5'7". So I don't discount your hopes and everything you say seems logical, but those were actually the exact things that got Richt fired at Georgia. He had sky high recruiting classes, and did nothing with it. We've often said around here that in fact nationally we can't think of any school that consistently did less with so much.

In all fairness to Richt, despite my personal dislike of the former UGAg coach, the SEC west winner was really, really, really good for the times UGA won the east. UGA always had a WTF loss eavery year under Richt, and sometimes that cost them winning the division.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan and alumn that signed up just to post this.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters

Despite the the down decade, Miami has and will continue being one the programs that continually produce the most NFL talent. Miami has 44 former players that were on opening day NFL rosters, tied for 4th most with Alabama.

There is a reason why most Canes fans are excited about the future of Hurricane football. We've had a plethora of talent over the years, and we've still found a way to be mediocre. That boils down to only one thing: terrible coaching. No team with this much NFL talent should have been this mediocre over the past decade. Us Hurricane fans look at former players that that were just decent and nothing special, but are tearing it up in the NFL. Like I said, that comes down to bad coaching.

However, we feel like we finally have a competent coach and coaching staff to put the players in a position to win.

So yes, we are extremely optimistic for the future. And our 2018 recruiting class looks absolutely stacked.

Most sane Cane fans think we are at least 1 or 2 years away from making real noise. Richt just started his tenure. With a few more of his recruiting cycles, we should be "back."

Anyways, good luck tomorrow.
Kind of like when you have Odell Beckham Jr, Jarvis Landry, Russell Shepard, Jeremy Hill, Spencer Ware, and Alfred Blue all on the same offense and still only average 24 PPG against Power 5 competition.

itsclif

Georgia Tech Fan

While I agree with you that Richt is no Saban, he is infinitely better than the previous coaches (Shannon, Golden). I'll take the coach of a team that averages 9-10 wins a year over the crap coaches that considered 9 wins a successful season.

Deleted member 2897

While I agree with you that Richt is no Saban, he is infinitely better than the previous coaches (Shannon, Golden). I'll take the coach of a team that averages 9-10 wins a year over the crap coaches that considered 9 wins a successful season.

By way of illustration, in 2015 (the last year before Richt got fired), Georgia finished with 10 wins, but unranked. Because they only beat 2 FBS teams all year with winning records - 9 win Georgia Southern and 7 win Auburn. And the win against Georgia Southern was in overtime and they would have lost if not for a blown call. The SEC East is typically ranked the single worst division in all of P5 football. For example, right now Georgia is the only team ranked out of the 7 in that division.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
I think your point about fan base is a good one. I see it with Alabama and UGAg fans; many didn't go to the school and wouldn't stand a prayer of a chance to get in those schools. But they support the teams since they represent the state in their minds. At GT we don't have that problem .......

Concerning Miami becoming a perennial football power again; I doubt it. You have the advantage of being a private school that can accept whoever is needed for the football program. But I don't think that will be enough to compete with the big blue chip schools where it makes sense to go there to get a football degree. Has Miami put enough players in the NFL the last 10 years to make that case?
My goodness, yes Miami can become a perennial power again. They are already out producing other schools with nfl players. In the past two years Miami has put 9 and 7 players in the league. FSU, who out recruits Miami 90% of the time put 4 and 4 in the same two year span.

I keep saying this. There are legitimate reasons for Miami’s regression since their 2000-2003 run. Three consecutive HC’s that can’t get a HC gig today because they are that subpar. A president who would not invest funds into the program. Both of these situations have been turned around and we’re starting to see the resurgence of the program.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My goodness, yes Miami can become a perennial power again. They are already out producing other schools with nfl players. In the past two years Miami has put 9 and 7 players in the league. FSU, who out recruits Miami 90% of the time put 4 and 4 in the same two year span.

I keep saying this. There are legitimate reasons for Miami’s regression since their 2000-2003 run. Three consecutive HC’s that can’t get a HC gig today because they are that subpar. A president who would not invest funds into the program. Both of these situations have been turned around and we’re starting to see the resurgence of the program.
Back when the U was really really good, didn't they, u of Fla an d f s u have a pretty exclusive access to s Fla talent. Yea nd anbd a few others got a couple but most went to the U. Add a few from out side south fl a (there are worse places to recruit to than Miami(.

Now with U s f, u c f, Fla Atlantic, etc it would seem the competition for talent has really increases for the U. I am sure M R will do well at recruiting but there will be less margin for error. Also a little to much rough guy (thug) could cause issues as well as U c f and usf are quality coaches.

Have u seen any difference?

What I would like to see is all these teams come to ga and take all the UGA recruits so they suck. THWG.

BY WAY GLAD TO SEE U GUYS GET A WIN OVER YOUR RIVAL.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
Back when the U was really really good, didn't they, u of Fla an d f s u have a pretty exclusive access to s Fla talent. Yea nd anbd a few others got a couple but most went to the U. Add a few from out side south fl a (there are worse places to recruit to than Miami(.

Now with U s f, u c f, Fla Atlantic, etc it would seem the competition for talent has really increases for the U. I am sure M R will do well at recruiting but there will be less margin for error. Also a little to much rough guy (thug) could cause issues as well as U c f and usf are quality coaches.

Have u seen any difference?

What I would like to see is all these teams come to ga and take all the UGA recruits so they suck. THWG.

BY WAY GLAD TO SEE U GUYS GET A WIN OVER YOUR RIVAL.

Miami is just trying to get their fare share of talent from S Florida. The past 15 years or so, we lost the edge. We just need to get the kids we need. Even in the glory years, FSU generally outrecruited is every year. That isn’t what gave Miami the edge. We always went after the players that fit the system as opposed to chasing after the players with five stars. EX. While FSU went after the five star DT, Miami looked at the size, aggressiveness, quickness, speed and arm length of other position players and then would convert them where they better fit the system. Take a high school TE/DE like Warren Sapp and convert him into a DT.

We made a living on getting more out of less.