HERE COMES MIAMI!!!!!!!

Football man

Georgia Tech Fan
Being completely honest it would almost be poetic justice if we ended our seven year drought against fsu only to have you guys end your drought against us lol.

It would stink but I'd totally laugh.
There's always morons in every group but...... my dad, mom and both of my siblings are alumni. I'm currently enrolled now I take pride in how I represent this my university.

So no I'm not interested in trolling only good clean dialogue.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Listen I come in peace not looking to trash talk. Here's to a great game and zero injuries to either team.

It's interesting seeing the things you guys write about the game have a great day.

Glad to have you. People can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a lot of GT people believe we are in a good position to slip under the radar and potentially take a W here. Hoping that Miami gets sort of... stuck reveling in the big win over FSU and possibly overlooks us. I for one think we are better than #26, but was very happy we were not ranked this week to continue that narrative of being under the radar - for now. Obviously if we win Saturday that won't be the case anymore. How are you feeling about the game this weekend? And about the Miami team in general? Is the U truly back in your opinion, or is that yet to be seen?

To reciprocate, some more insight into GT. We have outplayed all our opponents this year pretty convincingly, but in very unfortunate fashion somehow lost our opener to Tennessee. TaQuon Marshall, the QB, has been much better than anticipated, and Kirvonte Benson the running back has filled in quite nicely after we lost Dedrick Mills due to violation of team rules (GT is transitioning from calling B-Backs and A-backs to running backs and slot backs, respectively). O-Line has had injuries, but overall played well. Most, if not all those injuries should be cleared up for the Miami game. WRs have been solid but haven't been used as much as normal, even in our offense, because it just hasn't really been needed. Ricky Juene is the biggest threat there.

On defense, we have good stats but have yet to really play a strong offensive team, so a lot of fans are unsure if we are good on that side of the ball or if it's just a product of the teams we've played. Our weakness would be the DL and linebackers, while our strength is the secondary. We have a lot of experience back there and they have played well, especially Junior Safety AJ Gray. Our biggest overall weakness this year has been special teams. We've had struggles at times with the kicking game, and both punt/kick returns as well as punt/kick coverage. Punter Pressley Harvin is our biggest weapon on special teams. We apparently spent a lot of the bye week working on a lot of these issues, so we will see how that pays off. Finally, we also have had some issues with turning the ball over.

Anyways, good luck!

Last edited:

Stony157

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone know the Miami equivalent to this message board?? I'm looking to do some creeping

The best Miami board is www.CanesInsight.com. However, I'm a Tech and UM grad and the Miami fans can be pretty rough. A lot are joshing but there are some who are just plain ornery. I live in Coral Gables and follow both Tech and UM so I ignore the jerks, but we have more than our share even though most UM fans are cool and welcoming to others.

Deleted member 2897

Does anyone know the Miami equivalent to this message board?? I'm looking to do some creeping

Here are some sample quotes so you don't have to go read through it yourself in the interest of time.

"The problem with GT is that you can think you're dominating them and you look up, and because of their stupid offense, you're winning 14-7 in the 3rd quarter."

"we beatin there azz"
(my personal favorite)

"It's a great offense. It's not as sexy as the spread-em-out, fun and gun offenses that are so popular today, but the triple option is a fantastic college offense. If there were any team in major college football running this offense today with halfway decent athletes, they would be blowing teams out left and right. There's a reason teams used to run this stuff a lot more - because it WORKS."

"They should have been called on high/low chop blocks pretty much on every play! Especially inside against the 1 technique. Dirty bastards"
(not sure what in the world he was watching, although I've seen more defensive linemen on Miami hold our OL trying to get to the second level than other teams)

"2nd and 13 or 3rd and 11 are drive killers for a team like them. They can pass the ball occasionally on 2nd and 1 when everybody is expecting another run, but on 3rd and 11, they're complete ****."
(Another favorite of mine - we actually lead the nation in 3rd and long conversion. Ignorance is bliss.)

Stony157

Georgia Tech Fan
Being completely honest it would almost be poetic justice if we ended our seven year drought against fsu only to have you guys end your drought against us lol.

There's always morons in every group but...... my dad, mom and both of my siblings are alumni. I'm currently enrolled now I take pride in how I represent this my university.

I'm a Tech and UM alum and only interested in same fun back and forth. I go to UM-Tech football, basketball and baseball down in Coral Gables with a UM shirt and my Tech hat so it's tough for me when they are playing each other.

northgajacket

Banned

Miami had a hell of a victory last week, showed a lot of heart. Hate it Walton is injured.