Here are the final AP Rankings for the 2016 season.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Combined record of teams we lost to: 39-15 (Clemson 14-1, Miami 9-4, UNC 8-5, Pitt 8-5)
Bowl Teams we played: 9
Record VS bowl teams: 5-4

BTW, GT is #23 in the Sagarin Ratings.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

I think if you look at the ratings according to those that use metrics, GT will rank higher than polls based on subjective votes.

Composite of the 58 different rankings available:

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
LOL. That composite ranking you posted, it had the SEC as the best conference and Bama at #1.

Beehive

Banned
It's all about money!!!! Recruiting is big money!! ESPN has millions invested in the SEC. They and the recruiting services want to keep their customer base full of hope, so they make the money! The media plays a big role in this also. So that's why the polls are so crooked!!! They don't care about fairness to the teams that deserve to be ranked!! It's obvious with auburn and tn being ranked!!! No team should be ranked with 5 losses like auburn has, ridiculous!!! Tn had average season at best and finished bad!! The polls used to rank teams at the seasons end on how they finished. Tech won 6 out of last 7!! No excuse for this!!! Hate this system but what can be done? Hate it for the kids that worked so hard and not rewarded for their effort!! It is a evil and corrupt system!!!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I actually like the domers. They were very cordial in South Bend and much more knowledgeable of XsOs than mutt fans etc. And they didn't throw fish at our team:ROFLMAO:

Hope they rebound it's good for the ACC even if only half a member. Especially when they handle the Michigans on their schedule. I just don't want to see them in the playoffs.

I could handle them in the playoffs so long as that wouldn't exclude a ACC perm member.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You can’t rank teams based on who would beat what teams. It doesn’t work that way. You would basically never have Group of 5 teams in the Top 25 and you’d probably end up with some 5 loss teams in the Top 25.
I agree it doesn't work that way but then is it really a TOP 25 at that point? Top would indicate the best 25 teams and if there are 4 loss teams that are better than a 2 loss team because of sos is that 2 loss team really one of the best 25 teams in the country? I understand it doesn't work that way, I was just making a statement and there are other teams ahead of those schools that you could argue shouldn't be because of record so why can't we be one of those teams? Because we are GT and not the "sexy" school imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just don't see the top 25 as being the top 25 every year you have teams that probably aren't top 25 teams but they might have just 2 losses with the best team they played being a nc state. But there are so many teams it's almost impossible to really know who the true top 25 teams. I would say there are 4 loss teams that are top 25 teams every year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I just don't see the top 25 as being the top 25 every year you have teams that probably aren't top 25 teams but they might have just 2 losses with the best team they played being a nc state. But there are so many teams it's almost impossible to really know who the true top 25 teams. I would say there are 4 loss teams that are top 25 teams every year.
The talent distinctions between teams outside the top 15 are so small, does it really matter? Once you get below the top 15 or so, parity is alive and well.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here's some more data... our ranking by AP voter.
http://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/gt/2016

Two voters placed us at #21, our highest slot from all voters.

Syracuse represent... Brent Axe from the Syracuse Post Standard ranked us #24.

Direct angry Tweets at Mike Barber from the Richmond Times-Dispatch who is one of many that did not rank us (@RTD_MikeBarber). Don't know him but clearly butthurt that we run his state.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Here's some more data... our ranking by AP voter.
http://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/gt/2016

Two voters placed us at #21, our highest slot from all voters.

Syracuse represent... Brent Axe from the Syracuse Post Standard ranked us #24.

Direct angry Tweets at Mike Barber from the Richmond Times-Dispatch who is one of many that did not rank us (@RTD_MikeBarber). Don't know him but clearly butthurt that we run his state.
Did he rank his beloved turkeys?