HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Woof! Doesn't speak well of Chadwell

1670189932738.png

Aren't all universities tax exempt? Liberty may use religion as their MO, but I didn't think that aspect played into tax treatment.

The 29% "graduation" rate is stunningly bad if true. But appears to only be maybe an old 4 year grad rate. There are other aspects of this graduation rate I'll leave to someone else in the political forum:
1670190181879.png

And here we are:
1670190699343.png

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Their top 7 beat our top 7. And then even if the rest are coin flips we lose. This year the ACC is the worst p5 top to bottom and it isnt very close.

Hopefully the bowl eligible teams find a way to salvage some wins.
I disagree with this too. In an ordinary year, we match up pretty evenly. Might lose more on the top end, but we'd win more on the bottom end. Not sure we wouldn't hold our own on the top end.

We're not the worst P5 conference either. I'd give that to the PAC12.

Just my opinion. Not asking you to agree with me.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
“I don’t care about your fancy-schmancy data or numbers. My own uneducated eyes and biases will do the trick”

The ACC is 47-54 against the B1G dating back to 1990. The ACC has a losing head-to-head record to the B1G in every decade dating back to the 90s. The ACC hasn’t had a winning record vs. the B1G since 2016. Since 2000 the ACC only has 4 seasons with a >.500 W% against the B1G, compared to their 12 against us.

Hate to break it to ya man, but you’re just straight up wrong on this one. There’s no way you can slice to make the ACC superior. The only argument you have is national championships, but that kinda negates your whole “top to bottom” angle.
LOL! that's the difference in the outcome of 4 games out of 101 games played. I'd consider that holding your own. Wow, your own data proves the point. Thanks for digging that out.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
LOL! that's the difference in the outcome of 4 games out of 101 games played. I'd consider that holding your own. Wow, your own data proves the point. Thanks for digging that out.
It’s 7 games

You said the B1G isn’t a better conference top to bottom. The numbers say it has been for the last 30+ years. There’s nothing else to it. The numbers say you’re wrong. Nobody else has the same opinion as you. It’s a weird hill to die on. ACC will be shut out of the playoff for the 2nd year in a row while the B1G gets 2 teams in this year. But you can continue being wrong I guess, it doesn’t hurt anybody else.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It’s 7 games

You said the B1G isn’t a better conference top to bottom. The numbers say it has been for the last 30+ years. There’s nothing else to it. The numbers say you’re wrong. Nobody else has the same opinion as you. It’s a weird hill to die on. ACC will be shut out of the playoff for the 2nd year in a row while the B1G gets 2 teams in this year. But you can continue being wrong I guess, it doesn’t hurt anybody else.
Okay, this is starting to make sense now. The math shouldn't be that difficult. LOL! It's not 7 games, it's 4 because it's a zero-sum game. You turn 4 of those ACC losses into ACC wins and the record is 51-50 in favor of the ACC.

Besides, those match-ups aren't top-to-bottom head-to-head matchups the way a challenge would be. I said before there's no way to prove my opinion right or wrong.

Not sure why you're getting so butt-hurt over someone else's opinion. Your argument lacks merit; whether you want to admit it or not is up to you.

Last edited:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Okay, this is starting to make sense now. The math shouldn't be that difficult. LOL! It's not 7 games, it's 4 because it's a zero-sum game. You turn 4 of those ACC losses into ACC wins and the record is 51-50 in favor of the ACC.

Besides, those match-ups aren't top-to-bottom head-to-head matchups the way a challenge would be. I said before there's no way to prove my opinion right or wrong.

Not sure why you're getting so butt-hurt over someone else's opinion. Your argument lacks merit; whether you want to admit it or not is up to you.
“Argument lacks merit”

I’m literally just handing you data lmao. But I guess if you close your eyes and plug your ears you can’t absorb any new information beyond your own biases. Good luck with that

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
“Argument lacks merit”

I’m literally just handing you data lmao. But I guess if you close your eyes and plug your ears you can’t absorb any new information beyond your own biases. Good luck with that
Right. And I appreciated you providing that data because it showed that the difference between the two leagues over the past 32 years was the outcome of 4 out of 101 games played. That's about as statistically even as you're going to find between two conferences over a period that large. I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove now or if you still positing that is a statistically significant difference. If you are, then you have a poor understanding of what "holding your own" means.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
“Argument lacks merit”

Right. And I appreciated you providing that data because it showed that the difference between the two leagues over the past 32 years was the outcome of 4 out of 101 games played. That's about as statistically even as you're going to find between two conferences over a period that large. I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove now or if you still positing that is a statistically significant difference. If you are, then you have a poor understanding of what "holding your own" means.

I'm just trying to figure out what this ongoing debate has to do with HC candidate rumors...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if that guy is right about the $4m/yr for 5 or if ESPN is right saying $4m/yr for 7 years.
Looks like 7:

"The two sides have agreed to a seven-year contract that will pay Chadwell an average of $4 million per year, according to multiple reports."

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looks like 7:

"The two sides have agreed to a seven-year contract that will pay Chadwell an average of $4 million per year, according to multiple reports."
Do we know keys salary? I find it odd that other coaches are known when offered, but we seem to know nothing more

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
from the ESPN article,
"North Texas fired coach Seth Littrell on Sunday, two days after the team lost in the Conference USA championship game, sources confirmed to ESPN.......before North Texas, Littrell served as offensive coordinator with North Carolina, Indiana and Arizona. He played running back at Oklahoma from 1997 to 2000."

I think it's possibly Weinke, but guys like Littrell continue to come available.

JacketFan137

Banned
from the ESPN article,
"North Texas fired coach Seth Littrell on Sunday, two days after the team lost in the Conference USA championship game, sources confirmed to ESPN.......before North Texas, Littrell served as offensive coordinator with North Carolina, Indiana and Arizona. He played running back at Oklahoma from 1997 to 2000."

I think it's possibly Weinke, but guys like Littrell continue to come available.
there’s been so many names floated around from our insiders i think no one fully knows which direction we are going yet. sounds like a lot of phone calls are being made

slugboy

Staff member
Maybe we should start another thread about the other hires.
Just looking around:
  • Colorado is excited about Deion
  • Nebraska fan opinion on Matt Rhule seems mixed from a brief glance. On the other hand, Carolina fans think that Nebraska got a horrible coach (other failed NFL coaches have done really well, though).
  • Auburn fan opinion on Freeze also seems mixed. There were fans looking forward to Kiffin, I think some fans were also hoping for Deion. There are some fans who see Freeze as a let-down, and some who seem him as sleazy. Possible, Freeze needs to start with a good season to keep the fans happy.
  • Wisconsin adding Fickell as HC and keeping Leonard seems to make just about all of their fans content. Probably one of the safest hiring situations.
  • Arizona State looks content with Kenny Dillingham