HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Have to believe the first call Lville made went to West Lafayette, IN.
Brohm obviously has interest but timing / opportunity wasn’t to his liking last time. Does he still believe he can win bigger at Purdue? It sounded like his big reservation last time around was hanging Purdue out to dry... this time he probably feels like the program is in a good place.
If Brohm leaves the Big Ten for an ACC spot, is that a sign of doom for the BIG? Hardly...
It might be a bad time for us to have them paired up as permanent rivals though... Brohm-led Lville is going to be a handful.
Talk about lucking out if it happens. Getting a buyout from a coach you’re unhappy with and bringing home a much better coach and prodigal son.
I do not want to face a Brohm led team every year

JacketFan137

Banned
even if it’s not p5 the cincy job is just as good as basically all the non factories. i think it’s gotta be one of the top 20 jobs in the country and the only schools i’d have above it are guys like uga, clemson, bama, ohio state, oregon, usc, notre dame etc.

it would be far more depressing to see in conference talent being poached by schools like vandy or rutgers and they are p5

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Cincinnati is going to be in the Big 12 next year. They will never be a G5 team under Satterfield.
So it's a bad look that Satterfield is going from Louisville to a program that was in the final 4 last year, went 9-3 this year with losses to UCF, Tulane, and Arkansas (with Ark being their worst loss), and will be in the Big12 the first time his team sets foot on the field? Just checking to make sure I understand the logic you're trying to apply.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So it's a bad look that Satterfield is going from Louisville to a program that was in the final 4 last year, went 9-3 this year with losses to UCF, Tulane, and Arkansas (with Ark being their worst loss), and will be in the Big12 the first time his team sets foot on the field? Just checking to make sure I understand the logic you're trying to apply.
I’m not sure I understand what you’re checking in on?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure I understand what you’re checking in on?
Oh crap that's my bad. I quoted the wrong post and didn't check carefully enough before I hit "Post Reply." I'm sorry about that. It was the post you were replying to that I meant to quote and I had both yours and the other one in my quotes and removed the wrong one.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I never said he was terrible, he was just ‘OK’. My biggest argument is that he didn’t “elevate” Louisville’s program at all, which is what you originally said. If Petrino won 9 games there, Satterfield would’ve had to have win 9 more times than Petrino, or get to 10 wins at some point. He did neither, and he never even won 9 games. He also went winless against Kentucky, who Petrino went 3-2 against.

I just see no scenario or support to say that Satterfield elevated Louisville’s program to heights it’s never been before, or even been to in recent memory. His best season was about on par for what Petrino did there for 5 years, and close to what Louisville has averaged since 2000, even if the bulk of that was against lesser competition. Plus, the biggest dagger against Satterfield at UofL is that he lost to Geoff Collins. Hard to argue someone is a good coach when that happens.
You win.

Hard to argue against that...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I would have expected a bigger name hire than Kelly for DC, and don’t get me wrong I like coach Kelly he was solid to average but def not spectacular as a DC at FSU with a lot of talent to play with.

JacketFan137

Banned
Regardless of what you think of his words, Deion is making some good moves right now. I think he's building a strong staff and that was a big question mark with him. To me, he's an exciting but equally scary hire and I could see it going either way. However, looks to have a process and plan so far
he has stated that he is not honoring any commitments from the previous staff and some people are saying that’s the wrong thing to do. honestly he’s doing those kids a favor cause he’s about to have an army of transfers and commitments flipped in the coming days.

i bet we couldn’t meet his salary demands so i’m not really mad at batt or tech, but i think the people that thought he would be unsuccessful are gonna be eating some crow

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
he has stated that he is not honoring any commitments from the previous staff and some people are saying that’s the wrong thing to do. honestly he’s doing those kids a favor cause he’s about to have an army of transfers and commitments flipped in the coming days.

i bet we couldn’t meet his salary demands so i’m not really mad at batt or tech, but i think the people that thought he would be unsuccessful are gonna be eating some crow
It’s going to be incredibly hard to have any-kind of team cohesion with a roster full of transfers and new recruits

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We can begin with SP+

1. SEC: 14.6 average SP+ (34.7 average offensive SP+, 20.6 average defensive SP+)
2. Big 12: 12.6 average SP+ (36.7 offense, 24.4 defense)
3. Big Ten: 9.1 average SP+ (28.0 offense, 19.0 defense)
4. Pac-12: 6.1 average SP+ (34.6 offense, 28.5 defense)
5. ACC: 2.2 average SP+ (27.5 offense, 25.5 defense)

Second, here are side by side FEI ratings. I don't see how we can possibly say we are top to bottom equal to B1G. Our bottom half might be competitive with their bottom half, but their top half is a head above ours and it isn't close.
B1G RankTeamACC RankTeam
2Mich10FSU
3OSU21Clemson
9PSU26Louisville
16Minn39Wake
17Illinois43Pitt
27Maryland48Duke
31Iowa51Cuse
37Wisconsin52NC State
40Purdue55UNC
60MichSt93GT
72Indiana94UVA
75Nebraska95Miami
88Northwestern100VT
97Rutgers101Boston College
The acc better up its game .
We have a tv contract that pays us $$$$. Are we doing our part ( donations, etc)
?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Tstan and cgc took all the recruits that came to play in the Option. Too nice?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Give Deion this, the man continues to think outside of the box. Got a HFC from an FBS school to leave to become OC of a P5 school.
Seems like a logical progression to me.

HC at a small school moves up to be OC at a P5 before moving up to HC at a P5. Probably hoping to get back to Wisconsin at some point.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
i mean they were arguably the worst p5 team last year and went 1-11. im not sure they had any cohesion with a roster full of players they coached and developed. deion is making the right decision. they need talent in there ASAP. you can figure out the rest later
USC went to the Pac-12 champ game with 26 transfers, they'll be fine. This type of turnover will happen more and more.