HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am taking over/under "bets" on the page count for this thread at the point Batt makes his announcement. I started this idea in my head during breakfast this morning at 290, but it probably needs to be 300. Or, higher.
Amazing that on Friday we were trying to break the 200pg mark.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'm still not convinced that this "info" wasn't leaked to Ken on purpose just to gauge fan reaction and prevent a Greg Schiano scenario...
While that is certainly possible, it remains strange. Ken would be smart enough to know that if a hire was imminent, the PR office would be engaged. I don't see Batt or Cabrera writing press releases and submitting them to lawyers on a Sunday night totally out of the normal procedures.

Personally, I think he was played.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm still not convinced that this "info" wasn't leaked to Ken on purpose just to gauge fan reaction and prevent a Greg Schiano scenario...
I don't remember where I saw it posted, but there is a tweet from a NO beat reporter who basically said: He knows that the leak didn't come from Fritz nor his agent. He has a strong belief that it didn't come from Batt. He believes that it came from some insiders who are in favor of Key.

Don't know how accurate his assessment is, but it pretty well matches my assumptions.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Amazing that on Friday we were trying to break the 200pg mark.

I mean, we're on page 271 here, so if we were to merge this 63 page thread

and this 5 page thread

We'd be almost to 350...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
While that is certainly possible, it remains strange. Ken would be smart enough to know that if a hire was imminent, the PR office would be engaged. I don't see Batt or Cabrera writing press releases and submitting them to lawyers on a Sunday night totally out of the normal procedures.

Personally, I think he was played.

I agree he was played, I just think he was played for a purpose, not as a prank. Either by an insider looking to get fan reaction, or as @RonJohn has mentioned, possibly by people looking to boost Key.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Remember when folks on here were saying the main reason to run your coaching search through a search firm is to avoid leaks? To avoid situations like what happened with Lane and Auburn? Lmao. Now we might be in an even worse position

Gooooooooooooo Parker Exec!!!!!! Spend our money!!!!! YES YES YES

People inside the GTAA know exactly where leaks are coming from. Unfortunately, Batt and Cabrera were not counting on this kind of reaction from certain groups.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Low risk, high reward if you ask me.

Disclaimer: But I'm all in with whomever.
I would say Key's risk is moderately higher than several candidates. Chadwell, BOB, Clark, Fritz, Deion and Key all have risk. Key just may have the most risk of any of them.

As to the reward, that is completely unknown. Maybe it is higher than several candidates, but it could also be much lower. He certainly does not have the same track record of success of building programs like several of the candidates. So, I am not sure how you can say he is either low risk or high reward. To me Bob and Chadwell are the highest probability of success (lowest risk) of those who have been named as possible targets. Mullen and Clark would also be pretty good, but it seems like neither is a candidate. Fritz is also a good established coach with lower risk and a potentially higher ceiling than Key. Deion is all risk and potentially extremely high reward. No thank you.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Then we could pay Collin’s buyout based on the Fire Collins thread alone!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Remember when folks on here were saying the main reason to run your coaching search through a search firm is to avoid leaks? To avoid situations like what happened with Lane and Auburn? Lmao. Now we might be in an even worse position

Of course, none of these may be leaks, but people leveraging their influence to manipulate the situation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Exactly. Thanks for nothing, search firm cronies.

Sure it's not all their fault but iiwii. This is the business they've chosen and now we got egg on our faces. Gotta blame somebody.