yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I mean, we're on page 271 here, so if we were to merge this 63 page thread

and this 5 page thread

We'd be almost to 350...
go do it GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kiffin said the same thing and ... got a nice raise and contract extension out of it. On the flip side, if Fritz says anything about Tech or his candidacy, he becomes the story.

Lots of schools getting the Jimmy Sexton business right now. This is his (and other agents) favorite time of the year.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I was wrong about Ken, the AJC etc. . You were right. I was wrong. I just didn't think Ken would run a story saying it was a done deal. Just the worst. Every news outlet ran with it. Unreal!!
Everyone has to be the first even if it’s at the expense of the truth. Real journalism died a generation ago.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Thanks for nothing, search firm cronies.

Sure it's not all their fault but iiwii. This is the business they've chosen and now we got egg on our faces. Gotta blame somebody.
The whole premise behind search firms is supposed to be anonymity, and being able to conduct interviews, meetings, gauge interest without anybody finding out. We’re 2 months into this coaching search, our season is over, and there’s reports coming out we haven’t even interviewed our supposed top candidates? Wtf have we been doing? Wtf has Parker Exec been doing? These are the exact types of issues working with a search firm are supposed to avoid. Now we’re coming to the 11th hour and everything that’s being brought up in the media makes us look totally unprepared and incompetent. If this is the end result anyway then using a search firm once again turns out to be totally pointless and a huge waste of time and resources.

Seriously, how could this situation be any worse if we didn’t have a search firm working for us? Our primary best writer is putting articles in our largest media conglomerate saying we’ve hired a coach that others are saying we haven’t even interviewed? How does that happen?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow! We need to slow our roll. We are acting like the media rumors currently being propagated are actually real and that they are coming from persons involved in the process. Who knows what is real at this point and who knows from where it is coming.

Can we wait until an official announcement before we pass judgement on ADJB, the search firm, and the hiring process?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, how could this situation be any worse if we didn’t have a search firm working for us? Our primary best writer is putting articles in our largest media conglomerate saying we’ve hired a coach that others are saying we haven’t even interviewed? How does that happen?
It happens when the people who actually know what is going on don't talk. We don't know what is going on, but believe it is a catastrophe because we hear rumors on the internet.

It could be much worse if the press was actually in the middle of the process. Instead the press is actively involved in spreading internet rumors. It could be much worse if we have offered four or five people, been turned down, and the media reported every single one.

When it is all over, it might be that the search has been a complete disaster. But don't base your impression of how it has been completed on Twitter like trolling and whining.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Well the last time we didn't have a search firm, we got Geoff Collins, so that is definitely worse. To your second question, it happens because everyone is taking any morsel of information, whether legitimate or not, and extrapolating to an answer in the race to be first with the news.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The whole premise behind search firms is supposed to be anonymity, and being able to conduct interviews, meetings, gauge interest without anybody finding out. We’re 2 months into this coaching search, our season is over, and there’s reports coming out we haven’t even interviewed our supposed top candidates? Wtf have we been doing? Wtf has Parker Exec been doing? These are the exact types of issues working with a search firm are supposed to avoid. Now we’re coming to the 11th hour and everything that’s being brought up in the media makes us look totally unprepared and incompetent. If this is the end result anyway then using a search firm once again turns out to be totally pointless and a huge waste of time and resources.

I would think that most coaches wouldn't actually interview during the season, that we would get a list, start gauging interest and then do actual interviews when the season is over. Maybe do a Zoom or something, but I think that is even doubtful. Do you really think Chadwell or BOB or Fritz are going to hop on a plane during game week and meet us in ATL or somewhere else to discuss an opening while their season is still going on? Uh, no. And some were wondering if a coach would leave their program DURING the season to come here.

Come on people. The logic thing is that you get your list to the last couple of people where there appears to be mutual interest, get the season over and then do a real in person interview. Then the expectation would be to announce that hiring somewhere around the Monday to Wednesday of this week, unless the coach is in a championship game this weekend. Are there situations where that timeline may differ? Yes, like Nebraska and Rhule and Wisconsin/Fickel and maybe even Arizona State (who hired an assistant coach I think). But those first two are likely better jobs than ours and Rhule was out of a job. Sounds like a feeler was put out to Fickel and it was one of the handful of jobs he would've taken.

If the leaks came from anywhere, it appears to be from upset boosters at this point. Let is play out and see who we wind up with and then we can complain until the next coach is fired....

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy....Stupid if so because I feel like we are gonna loss alot of kids and go backwards right away if you took Fritz over Key

Exactly! We are about lose a lot of players to the portal if it’s Fritz and good luck bringing some of the highly rated kids back through the portal. Just when we take a step forward in talent level, we are about to take multiple steps back. Also, I doubt Fritz will help out folks in seats.
We're going to go backward and lose a lot of kids based on what?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well the last time we didn't have a search firm, we got Geoff Collins, so that is definitely worse. To your second question, it happens because everyone is taking any morsel of information, whether legitimate or not, and extrapolating to an answer in the race to be first with the news.
We were never going to have another Geoff Collins situation this go around though, so that’s irrelevant. Worst case scenario we end up with Key, who has already proven he’s much better than Collins is, and we’d probably get him on a much more team friendly contract, both length and monetarily.
It happens when the people who actually know what is going on don't talk. We don't know what is going on, but believe it is a catastrophe because we hear rumors on the internet.

It could be much worse if the press was actually in the middle of the process. Instead the press is actively involved in spreading internet rumors. It could be much worse if we have offered four or five people, been turned down, and the media reported every single one.

When it is all over, it might be that the search has been a complete disaster. But don't base your impression of how it has been completed on Twitter like trolling and whining.
Avoiding rumors on the internet is like, the primary reason people on here were so adamant about using a search firm. You remember all of plausible deniability stuff? Rumors and leaks are going to spread either way, so if we’re this deep into the search and there are this many rumors circling, Parker is not doing their job well enough to warrant their paycheck.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Avoiding rumors on the internet is like, the primary reason people on here were so adamant about using a search firm. You remember all of plausible deniability stuff? Rumors and leaks are going to spread either way, so if we’re this deep into the search and there are this many rumors circling, Parker is not doing their job well enough to warrant their paycheck.
Who said that? It is absolutely impossible to avoid internet rumors.

And we do still have plausible deniability. Did GT make a hard offer to Chadwell that was turned down? Did GT make a hard offer to Fritz that was turned down? Who has ACTUALLY been interviewed? Who has GT ACTUALLY been interested in?

Rumors can be annoying, but they are only rumors. It is kind of like the old saying "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." At the moment, people are struggling to find information. Some people are just making stuff up. When an announcement is made, all of the rumors will fade away quickly. If actual facts had come out, that might not be the case.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I 'll start....
  • my boss
  • global warming
  • mainstream media
  • fake beef hamburgers
  • cow farts
  • Lindsay Lohan
  • my siblings for forcing me to watch Howard the Duck more than once
  • the Dutch
  • global warming
  • memory loss
  • lists
  • irony
Why you gotta be all Lindsay on the list? Was she mean to you one time or something?!?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
T
Who said that? It is absolutely impossible to avoid internet rumors.

And we do still have plausible deniability. Did GT make a hard offer to Chadwell that was turned down? Did GT make a hard offer to Fritz that was turned down? Who has ACTUALLY been interviewed? Who has GT ACTUALLY been interested in?

Rumors can be annoying, but they are only rumors. It is kind of like the old saying "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." At the moment, people are struggling to find information. Some people are just making stuff up. When an announcement is made, all of the rumors will fade away quickly. If actual facts had come out, that might not be the case.
There’s plausible deniability at all times. Nobody can ever prove you interviewed or didn’t interview anybody. All they have to do is say what Fritz did today, “I don’t want to get into anybody else’s business. I’m focused on this team and our game on Saturday.” Whether or not he’s actually been interviewed is irrelevant. Whether or not we hired a search firm that initially contacted Fritz is irrelevant. Chadwell, BOB, Key, Dan Mullen, freaking David Shaw could all say the exact same thing. It doesn’t matter whether or not they’ve been contacted by somebody at Parker or somebody at GT.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
T

There’s plausible deniability at all times. Nobody can ever prove you interviewed or didn’t interview anybody. All they have to do is say what Fritz did today, “I don’t want to get into anybody else’s business. I’m focused on this team and our game on Saturday.” Whether or not he’s actually been interviewed is irrelevant. Whether or not we hired a search firm that initially contacted Fritz is irrelevant. Chadwell, BOB, Key, Dan Mullen, freaking David Shaw could all say the exact same thing. It doesn’t matter whether or not they’ve been contacted by somebody at Parker or somebody at GT.
Well I don't think it is worth discussing any more. You aren't going to change your opinion no matter what points I make. I haven't really seen any points you have made, except that you don't like search firms. I am unlikely to change my opinion.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey @kg01 , did you submit your application to upgrade from get-back to HC?

youre right GIF

Get on my bak, Jackets. The hero you need, but don't deserve, just walked in the building.

@Techster you're the GM. "But college teams don't need a GM, coach" Ah shutup. It's 2022, we need somebody to manage payroll. And techster's either too honest or too asleep at the wheel to steal it all, so he's got the job.

@MidtownJacket you're the OC. Why? '"Cause I need somebody who'll either be great at it or somebody I don't mind sh*tcannin' at halftime of some gawdforsaken preseason game.

@bobongo you're the DC 'cause you don't like me and I don't like you. And when the kids see me serve you a 2-piece fist sandwich the first day of practice, they'll know I mean business.

@slugboy you're the new #get-bak! coach. I been scouting you as a mod and I feel reasonably certain you can body a mufkr if'n ya need to. Plus you tossed out that dumbarse Tuberville comment in post 1 of the HC search thread and nobody gave you an ounce of sh*t for it. That tells me you either (a) know how to move in the shadows or (b) nobody pays you any dayum attention until they need somethin'..

Finally, I dub @stech81 as social media coordinator. Why? 'Cause (a) IDGAF about social or the media and (b) you so old you probably think "hashtag" is some kinda cross between a food fight and freeze tag.

And all you donors can keep ya dayum money. I'll work for varsity burgers and chic fil a biscuits and my staff is gonna live in the dorms.

Do we have a deal?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, this answer to me reeks of either he's already agreed to leave after Saturday or he's very close to it.
Possibly true. But if you carefully parse his statements, he's said nothing we wouldn't expect any coach to say, regardless of his candidate situation.
"I'm the head football coach at Tulane." Duh
"I'm extremely proud to be the coach at Tulane." Ok, duh again.
"We're looking forward to the ball game Saturday." Why wouldn't they be? Only a notable line because he said "we're", not "I'm".
"That's what I told our guys." So basically he told them nothing they didn't already know.

All that to say that he didn't say anything to rule out the possibility that he's already accepted the job and could start tomorrow. Not saying he did, just that he didn't rule out anything.