HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Life moves fast:

Animated GIF

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
As much as I’d love to have that problem, there are organizations that are toys for rich people and there are organizations that are leaders in their field and they usually aren’t the same ones.

Having a board member that would undermine the org if the CEO disagreed with him on a top hire would - if true! - fall in the “toy for rich people” category not the “serious about being the best” one.

And it seems like our rich people just aren’t rich or prevalent enough for that model to work for us, based on all our recent coach salaries and spending and debt.
I'm not saying that it's a good thing. But com'on, man. Are you telling me if you donated several mil to a program you wouldn't expect to have some influence on the direction? It's easy to point at people and say 'shame on them!' without asking ourselves, honestly, how we'd do in the same situation.

I guess all I can say is I don't think I'd pass that test. I can't speak for others.

PVdad

Georgia Tech Fan
For the Miami game if you can show me where it said Pyron was injured before the game then I may agree with you, but no where did I see that he wasn't 100 percent going into it.
He was and he will never use injury or pain as an excuse for anythng, but he has been playing with something since the 3rd play of the FSU game. I won’t disclose what it was, but I will tell you he did say it hurt worse than a broken collarbone. And as a qb it’s not something you want giving you problems. But credit to the training staff at GT for managing it and having him as ready as they could the next couple of games he played.

Actually there have been several guys playing through some pretty significant issues this year that you’ll probably never hear about, or maybe you will after the season. These guys didn’t play because they were forced or anythng close to that. They played because that’s just how they are wired. Again kudos to the training staff.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Kiffin sucks. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll. I could care less where that clown show goes, and don't get why people gush over that guy. He was a nightmare at TN and USC. Ole Miss has done ok but have been fading fast down the stretch. I don't get it.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is he wanted to sign anywhere in between 8-12 OL’s and process the Johnson linemen out of the roster. Key knew the other position groups other then QB and OL had enough depth and talent and didn’t need to be recruited heavily early on, and they could afford to sign more then the normal amount of OL.
That should have been the plan from the get go. Even most of the Swarm thought we were thin on the OL for the transition to a pro type offense.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Completely untrue lmao
FSU, Miami, Clemson, And Va Tech were pretty dang good during that stretch. Not to mention BC, VA, and Duke were better. Outside of 2 teams, our schedule has been putrid the past few years. Regardless of SOS says. And no coach can control the teams they play anyways.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
He was and he will never use injury or pain as an excuse for anythng, but he has been playing with something since the 3rd play of the FSU game. I won’t disclose what it was, but I will tell you he did say it hurt worse than a broken collarbone. And as a qb it’s not something you want giving you problems. But credit to the training staff at GT for managing it and having him as ready as they could the next couple of games he played.

Actually there have been several guys playing through some pretty significant issues this year that you’ll probably never hear about, or maybe you will after the season. These guys didn’t play because they were forced or anythng close to that. They played because that’s just how they are wired. Again kudos to the training staff.
I enjoy reading your posts, and I hope other Tech players, parents and recruits are as upbeat and resilient as you and Zach obviously are.

This (and other fan forums) can be pretty rough for those who don't have very thick skin. 😕

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
hope so, but i still think they will pick Chadwell.
I'd be happy with each.

But I've switched my #1 preference to Key. He's a Leader. Key has the nucleus of a staff that could be good. He's getting commits despite the IHC tag. Some of our most valuable players love him and want to play for him. He wins big games. He can get butts back in seats.

I could care less that he is a "Tech Man." What matters to me are the above factors. The Alum thing is simply a nice story to go with it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Of course! No inside info, just starting to put some pieces together from different public sources that seem to be heavily favoring one direction. I could well be wrong, but I'm starting to think Key is a 10.5 pt favorite playing at home.

Key is a favorite with a group of donors. Batt and Cabrera have gone radio silent and haven't shared anything. Remember when it was definitely Chadwell last week? Now it's Key?

Funny how it changes with the wind on message boards.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Key is a favorite with a group of donors. Batt and Cabrera have gone radio silent and haven't shared anything. Remember when it was definitely Chadwell last week? Now it's Key?

Funny how it changes with the wind on message boards.
I'm a wind-vane on this topic for sure!

I'm not saying 'definitely', just it seems that things are leaning that way. The media seems to be leaning that way. We've had a couple of AJC pieces supporting Key. Some of the pay sites are leaning the same way.

I wonder how much of it is intentional 'leaks' to begin to prep the battlefield for the announcement.