HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A position coach to head coach is a big jump. We have 6 games of data (although very specific data) versus someone who is currently accomplishing with years of data.

I am not anti Key at all. I am pro data driven decision based on what have they accomplished, how high is that accomplishment, and does it fit GT & GT athletes.

Don't let emotion rule your decisions. There were players that wanted Collins to stay.

Last edited:

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Chadwells offense mind and think the offense will defintely be productive in the ACC but im not sold on bringing ALL of his staff thing. I don't have same confidence in in the defense side of his staff especially when we are actually seeing very good growth In Thacker now with free reign and experience.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like Chadwells offense mind and think the offense will defintely be productive in the ACC but im not sold on bringing ALL of his staff thing. I don't have same confidence in in the defense side of his staff especially when we are actually seeing very good growth In Thacker now with free reign and experience.
I would love to keep Thacker... saves money too.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to keep Thacker... saves money too.
The long running rumor is that Chadwell would require his whole staff basically be allowed to come with him...If thats still a thing its a mistake to let Thacker and his D assistants go. If Key can sale being the general manager that can keep practice, organization, NIL/recruiting on up and up and find him a actually competent OC I think you have to consider that sole based off potential of this D staff

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The long running rumor is that Chadwell would require his whole staff basically be allowed to come with him...If thats still a thing its a mistake to let Thacker and his D assistants go. If Key can sale being the general manager that can keep practice, organization, NIL/recruiting on up and up and find him a actually competent OC I think you have to consider that sole based off potential of this D staff
I hope that's a baseless rumor.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
It's really interesting to see the change in opinion on Thacker. At the end of last year, I don't know if anyone could be found who was in favor of retaining him other than CGC.

Alot of details came out that GC practice philsophy and meddling this year and people can see with their own 2 eyes things have improved. They are solud against run, they create turnovers, and they have got home on pass rush a little better.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Im thrown as hell a I like Chadwell scheme and concepts but I losing D coaches and players like Pyron or McCollum and others would be big setbacks if they dont buy into Chadwell scheme.
Does this guy know what he's talking about? Chadwell doesn't precisely run the "triple option", does he? It's a spread option, with the QB in shotgun.
Spread Option concept with alot of rpo, designed screens, and cross concepts

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Does this guy know what he's talking about? Chadwell doesn't precisely run the "triple option", does he? It's a spread option, with the QB in shotgun.
Ah, I see Tyler Duke's a senior editor on the Rumble Seat. His reference to the "triple option makes more sense now. Maybe he does know something...

slugboy

Staff member
Ah, I see Tyler Duke's a senior editor on the Rumble Seat. His reference to the "triple option makes more sense now. Maybe he does know something...

He was a FTRS editor 7 years ago. I don’t know him and can’t vouch for his sources, if any.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said in another thread (or maybe it was htis one and I'll be damned if I'm going to check) I think Pyron, in particular, would be an easy player for Chadwell to recruit to stay. He's another McCall waiting to be coached out of his shell. I think most of the players would be enthusiastic to stay on a Chadwell team.

Or any of several other possible candidates, including Key. Let's see what Batt decides to do. I sorta trust his judgment on this. As if I had a choice, of course.

And, btw, if Chadwell is willing to come to Tech, he'll set the terms. I wouldn't even blink if he said he wanted to bring his own assistants along. He's won every where he's been. He knows what he needs to do it again.