HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That’s great. He also got fired. We took a chance on him for his amazing experience and it made us one of the worst offenses in college football.
So what? He didn't get fired for performance. Is it the coach or the talent one has to work with? Maybe we should hire Joe Girardi from Our Lady of Lourdes All Girls School who has an impeccable record?

I don't care if we keep Chip Long or not. But I'm pretty sure if we hired Lane Kiffin as OC we would complain about him too. It's what we do.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
What some of you don’t realize is it’s hard to have immediate success on offensive with a brand new OC. You see the big improvement and what you hired the coach for in year 2. You’re starting to see Chip long open the play book up more and more each week. He’s starting to figure out how to truly use guys and what he’s working with.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
What some of you don’t realize is it’s hard to have immediate success on offensive with a brand new OC. You see the big improvement and what you hired the coach for in year 2. You’re starting to see Chip long open the play book up more and more each week. He’s starting to figure out how to truly use guys and what he’s working with.
Stop bringing facts and logic into this. It spoils all the fun of complaining.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s great. He also got fired. We took a chance on him for his amazing experience and it made us one of the worst offenses in college football.
I don't think CCL was fired from Tulane. He was recruiting players from Notre Dame that were in the portal when he accepted the OC position here. If you can show us otherwise, I would appreciate it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't think CCL was fired from Tulane. He was recruiting players from Notre Dame that were in the portal when he accepted the OC position here. If you can show us otherwise, I would appreciate it.
He wasn't fired from Tulane. He was fired from ND. Seems he and Kelly had different opinions on how to run the offense.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
This. Considering the available personnel and the gyrations in available QBs we've had to react to, I thought last night's game plan was our best showing in terms of adapting to strengths and weaknesses.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Key has been in and around big time college football for decades. He worked under the best college coach of all time for multiple years, and alongside some of the best football coaches in the country.
Yeah, I agree with this. You don't spend that many years working with really talented people without learning something about what it takes to succeed. Or having something that the HC sees in you.

Saban and Gailey liked him, and I'm not in a position to question their judgement of his skillset.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So you are for hiring Key and keeping Chip Long?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Long has the right concepts, he’s just trying to figure out what he has and the players weaknesses and strengths. He’s dealing with a OL group that has 2 projected starters hurt and a WR group that is extremely banged up. I’ll just say this, Collins had his hands in the offense during spring camp, summer film, fall camp and during the season before he was fired.