HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

JacketFan137

Banned
About to be fired at bama, concerns over his time as a GM with the Texans managing that roster since you also have to manage a college roster, he’s very very vanilla as a offensive play caller and personality wise, belief that he wants to call the offense and he’s not done good at doing that at bama where you have all the talent in the world. The people at tech don’t like him at all.
so basically they echoed the exact same concerns as the people on this board lol

pretty funny how even the people up top feel the same way. maybe some people here are secretly the money guys 👀

JacketFan137

Banned
I think it’s pretty obvious to realize how bad BOB is. Even the bama fan base that loves their cousins see how bad he is.
i don’t know if i’d say he’s THAT bad, but i just think he’d be a hard sell to the fanbase. i think after the large public outcry on whisenhunt being rumored, it’s clear our fanbase doesn’t want retreads. with the rumors being circulated about chadwell and key i think it’s clear the top feels the same/recognizes that’s what most of us want

JacketFan137

Banned
Just because you have LOTS of money doesn’t mean you don’t read and post on message boards. You might be surprised … 😉
well in that case its time to do some “fundraising” for georgia tech. they are now accepting donations through paypal. username is [email protected]

donate today for a 100% match from geoff collins and a like on the swarm

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I think Key will be passed over despite doing a good to great job with the cards he has been dealt. However the overall perception of picking the low hanging fruit and lack of experience may be too much to overlook. Which in some ways is unfortunate for him. Reminds me of when Nix was passed over and I don’t think he ever got over the bad taste in his mouth.
So it will be interesting to see what happens with Key and how the roster reacts to the new coach if it’s not him.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Just because you have LOTS of money doesn’t mean you don’t read and post on message boards. You might be surprised … 😉
I think collectively we at the Swarm are at least a medium money guy.

Donald Duck Money GIF

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Not sure who ADJB will name in a couple weeks, but if it's not BK, I doubt we've seen the last of him.

He obviously bleeds Old Gold & White, and if it takes a few years of seasoning somewhere else for him to get ready to take the non-qualified helm, so be it.

He'll be back, and I daresay, we'll ALL be glad when that happens.

Deleted member 6494

Everyone on here knows you hate Key.
I don't know the guy, but what he said was to prove that you had no real facts for Key as Head Coach. How can that be treated as hate. I certainly don't know Key or hate him, but I have researched the facts of all the candidates mentioned and Key is not even near my analytical choice.

Deleted member 6494

I think this win today guarantees he'll be on somebody's sideline as HC next season.
I don't think those looking for new head coaches will be as emotional as some of our fans on SWARM. However, it could be possible that an AD from a small conference would consider him. He certainly has not hurt his chances.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't know the guy, but what he said was to prove that you had no real facts for Key as Head Coach. How can that be treated as hate. I certainly don't know Key or hate him, but I have researched the facts of all the candidates mentioned and Key is not even near my analytical choice.

Fair enough. WTBS, the perception of posters tends to change when they repeat the same things over and over. It doesn't matter the topic either. But when talking points are repeated individually to every single poster with differing view points, perception changes. A poster goes from being received and viewed as a perceptive, thoughtful individual who has formed an opinion to one who is a zealot and/or has an agenda.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That is great; all fan's of Key as Head Coach should follow the action of Gt2019 and send in your $500 also. In fact, all that has those resources should follow suit.
I am curious as to why you limit this challenge just to those who favor Key as a candidate? Why not ask the same for those who want Deion, Mullen, Chadwell, BOB or whomever?

Deleted member 6494

I think for me if it comes down to Chadwell or Key the only question I have is - what does your staff look like? I think they both could be successful - in their own ways. what if Key can bring in a staff that is >>> Chadwells?

Guys like Kirby and Saban are only as good as their overall coaching staff is.
And financial backing.

Deleted member 6494

Fair enough. WTBS, the perception of posters tends to change when they repeat the same things over and over. It doesn't matter the topic either. But when talking points are repeated individually to every single poster with differing view points, perception changes. A poster goes from being received and viewed as a perceptive, thoughtful individual who has formed an opinion to one who is a zealot and/or has an agenda.
I will admit, I have only been here this time for a very short time. However, I saw nothing but a difference of opinion in the post.

Deleted member 6494

I’ve been told of some rumblings that a “soft agreement” with a new HC has been made. I’m not sure how legit it is and if it makes any sense but that’s what I’ve heard from some people connected to tech/coaching agents.
I believe that is true due to no information on candidates that don't presently have a job, the rumors from Alabama regarding O'Brien, Clark and health problems, East Carolina struggling some, and Chadwell with a 10-1 record and a possible chance at the

Thanks. I, for one, appreciate your tidbits. My insider info has aged out and the other is about 3 or 4 degrees of separation away.

Deleted member 6494

I’ve been told of some rumblings that a “soft agreement” with a new HC has been made. I’m not sure how legit it is and if it makes any sense but that’s what I’ve heard from some people connected to tech/coaching agents.
I believe it to be true from several weeks after Batt became AD. No information regarding all candidates that presently have no job, rumors from Alabama regarding expected firing of O'Brien, Clark and health problems, East Carolina struggles, and Chadwell having a 10-1 record and a possible chance as the #5 or #6 team if he wins the last game and Sunbelt Conference championship.

I am sure he would want his team to stay focused on the last two games.