HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
You are taking an awful lot of rumor as fact to judge JBatt. Most of the rumors have already been proven wrong. Maybe it's not JBatt that's making this complicated. Maybe it's everybody else.
This is a situation where a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. The word is he offered Fritz and he has not accepted yet. Maybe this information is wrong but seems to be coming from good sources. He has Key ready to roll. Let’s move forward with things. Right off the bat, if Key is hired Pyron is our QB and that is crucial for our program. I could see Key going to UAB and Pyron following.

slugboy

Staff member

Some of you are new here. We’re not using “clown” or “clown show” or other derogatory terms.​

Maybe another site or group is ok with using “clown” or maybe you use it watching the game.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

Some of you are new here. We’re not using “clown” or “clown show” or other derogatory terms.​

Maybe another site or group is ok with using “clown” or maybe you use it watching the game.

Claiming clown as a “derogatory” term is offensive to clowns. Coming from a long line of family circus clowns, I am appalled.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is a situation where a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. The word is he offered Fritz and he has not accepted yet. Maybe this information is wrong but seems to be coming from good sources. He has Key ready to roll. Let’s move forward with things. Right off the bat, if Key is hired Pyron is our QB and that is crucial for our program. I could see Key going to UAB and Pyron following.
From reading the tea leaves we can glean that obviously Brent isn't Batt's first choice. But the longer this process drags out, the more likely it is that he'll end up with the job.
I'll support whomever Batt hires.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This makes the most sense. My understanding is that Fritz has not agreed or may not even have been formerly interviewed and that’s what’s pissing off some key donors. (I.e., How can you offer jobs to people you haven’t interviewed and it’s insulting to Key. At least do it right.)

If Batt does not conclude it today, he may have no choice but to offer it to Key.

Botched.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This makes the most sense. My understanding is that Fritz has not agreed or may not even have been formerly interviewed and that’s what’s pissing off some key donors. (I.e., How can you offer jobs to people you haven’t interviewed and it’s insulting to Key. At least do it right.)

If Batt does not conclude it today, he may have no choice but to offer it to Key.

Botched.

The only info coming out of GTAA is from a group that's not getting their way. I would take everything with a grain of salt until the new HFC is hired.

Batt and Cabrera have been a steel trap throughout this whole process.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Botched.
Good then when I wake up let me know it's Key

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I’m not gonna believe anymore bull**** until something officially pans out. Chadwell may still be in the mix. I’m good with Chadwell, key, or Fritz. Just pull the trigger and let’s roll.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The only info coming out of GTAA is from a group that's not getting their way. I would take everything with a grain of salt until the new HFC is hired.

Batt and Cabrera have been a steel trap throughout this whole process.
I got a feeling it’s the same group who thought we needed to do what everyone else does, even though the Institute is not like everyone else. The same group that supported the last HC disaster.