Has the hype been humbled?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Let’s hope Coach Collins makes the necessary adjustments. Pro-style offenses must have a credible passing game. That means he must play the QB who passes the best. Otherwise, he has just watered down a previous offensive scheme that ran the ball better.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Let’s hope Coach Collins makes the necessary adjustments. Pro-style offenses must have a credible passing game. That means he must play the QB who passes the best. Otherwise, he has just watered down a previous offensive scheme that ran the ball better.

As far as 'rushing the ball better", we had 145 yards against this team last year and 157 last night running a new scheme in our very first game. I am not sure we have enough data to conclude were better rushing the ball although a picker of nits might say clemson's DL last year was better. I don't think any conclusions can be made from last night's game but I do think our D is going to better overall this year, Either way, the coaching comparisons are wearisome and do nothing to benefit the program.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Last years class finished with a 188 score on 247. This years is already 199 and will easily break into the 200s. Stfu with that BS. We already have 2 Four Star commits and a 3rd is on the way, 4 4 star transfers in one offseason.

If you really want to see the difference:

Clempson had 8 five stars in last night's two deep and 16 four stars in the two deep, Next year's class 5 five stars and 12 four stars. Friends, I'm 54 and can honestly say I do not see us beating Clemson until my age begins with a 6.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
As far as 'rushing the ball better", we had 145 yards against this team last year and 157 last night running a new scheme in our very first game. I am not sure we have enough data to conclude were better rushing the ball although a picker of nits might say clemson's DL last year was better. I don't think any conclusions can be made from last night's game but I do think our D is going to better overall this year, Either way, the coaching comparisons are wearisome and do nothing to benefit the program.
Hear, hear!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Wise words, this team has nothing to be ashamed about
Screenshot_20190829-163601.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Could have easily been a 73-7 or worse game. The next 3 weeks will speak volumes about this staff. Please, no more timeouts as we succeed in getting a critical 4th and 1 first down, only to be stuffed after the timeout, and no more gimmick formations when on the goal line-sheesh!
21 of Clems first 28 were squarely on the O and ST. The D actually looked good when they were fresh. The OC displayed a complete lack of imagination.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Could have easily been a 73-7 or worse game. The next 3 weeks will speak volumes about this staff. Please, no more timeouts as we succeed in getting a critical 4th and 1 first down, only to be stuffed after the timeout, and no more gimmick formations when on the goal line-sheesh!
21 of Clems first 28 were squarely on the O and ST. The D actually looked good when they were fresh. The OC displayed a complete lack of imagination.
I bet GT will wind up with a different OC in 2020 if this poor play calling continues.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You run to run the clock to shorten the game when you are starting a new program.

Passing against Clemson’s 1st team would have been tough. The OL is in progress.

Although I hate a loss, it may be possible that some fans may have got a dose of reality to the non-parity or the disparity of Clemson’s spending... you cannot buy a golf game, but you can buy a good football team.

I’ll admit, I liked watching this defense.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I bet GT will wind up with a different OC in 2020 if this poor play calling continues.
You know I didn't like his play calling. But then again I don't want to see this turn out like the defense did under CPJ and replace the DC every 2 years. Could CGC find a better OC yes if he had the money. ( Oh crap here we go again ) There is the word money again

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
More false narratives from you.

He tossed shade at CGC, no one else. You can hold the opinion he hasn’t earned the right but most reasonable people would call BS on ya.

Go tell coach Key he should never have. He didn’t trash talk a head coach he talked trash about the entire program and school. Lolololol

Your main false narratives concern the former O scheme. You can’t stop spouting those!! You never will. :D

you can't stop continuing to support the former O scheme over the school itself, which is sad. Even after a former player trashes the players (which Laskey absolutely does here), the Scheme fans rush to his defense. You care more about a former player in a former, thankfully-gone scheme than the current student-athletes out there busting their asses for us.

#Sad

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Early season is about vetting a quarterback under game conditions...
Iw never sold on Lucus Johnson, coach CPJ said Graham was one of the best athletic quarterbacks he ever coached. G

did well, but we will pick one after the third game...
USF will be huge in differentiating....

It'll be interesting to watch USF tonight. Playing WISC def. helps them get ready for us. We'll be slower and smaller than those corn-fed kids.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have a screen cap of Laskey’s tweet? It’s since been deleted and I didn’t see it.
No screen cap, which is probably a good thing. Zach stated in a series of tweets stte of "Lot of twitter hype, not much substance, hope there's more than gimmicks". Imo, it was petty, specifically drawing rash conclusions after game 1 vs. #1.

He has since taken those down. This first tweet was up while the previous tweets were still available. The 2nd is obviously from this AM.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
No screen cap, which is probably a good thing. Zach stated in a series of tweets stte of "Lot of twitter hype, not much substance, hope there's more than gimmicks". Imo, it was petty, specifically drawing rash conclusions after game 1 vs. #1.

He has since taken those down. This first tweet was up while the previous tweets were still available. The 2nd is obviously from this AM.

This site still has a post up that says Laskey being injured was the best thing to happen to the 2014 team, which your featured member liked. Do you also consider that petty?