Has the hype been humbled?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We’re at something like a 3.03 star rating and we averaged 3.0-3.05. Not exactly a needle moving.
Last years class finished with a 188 score on 247. This years is already 199 and will easily break into the 200s. Stfu with that BS. We already have 2 Four Star commits and a 3rd is on the way, 4 4 star transfers in one offseason.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he's like me, and finds CGC's style offputting. Some of us are like that. Guys like him will always rub guys like us the wrong way. It is what it is.

that's fine but perhaps former players should keep their mouths shut rather than bash the program. I don't recall any of Gailey's players bashing the team when PJ was coach of some of our blowout losses to Clemson and the mutts.
God knows plenty of this forum still goes nuts when an ex-coach gets criticized. Laskey needs to keep his mouth shut and maybe try to make an NFL roster. Looks like no team wants him.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
that's fine but perhaps former players should keep their mouths shut rather than bash the program. I don't recall any of Gailey's players bashing the team when PJ was coach of some of our blowout losses to Clemson and the mutts.
God knows plenty of this forum still goes nuts when an ex-coach gets criticized. Laskey needs to keep his mouth shut and maybe try to make an NFL roster. Looks like no team wants him.

OK, while I agree with the sentiment, that last part was unneeded. Let’s not forget Laskey’s three TDs in Athens in 2014. He deserves some slack.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
OK, while I agree with the sentiment, that last part was unneeded. Let’s not forget Laskey’s three TDs in Athens in 2014. He deserves some slack.

Not if he's gonna trash the current team, players, and coach. I don't give a crap what he thinks - our kids busted their asses all summer to learn a new system and prepare for tonight and the absolute LAST person who should bash them and their efforts is a former player.

Laskey was also part of the team that choked the big lead away in 2013 vs the mutts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CGC lovers need to calm down a little. Folks that think we are awful need to calm down a little. It was a bad loss. But there is some good along with the bad to take away.

Don’t condemn the D. Clemson probably has the best O in the nation this year. The D did some good things at times against an O that will make all but the most elite Ds look putrid.

We lack a pass rush from the edge still. And I’m worried a little about being able to set the edge consistently.

Secondary looked good imo. We will not face a QB anywhere near as good the rest the season. We won’t face a better group of receivers the rest of the way. Ditto OL, ditto RB. Clemson O is that good imo. Our D will be improved. We badly need a pass rush from the edge and stronger LB play. I’d be tempted to go 5-2-4 with DTs across the front and our fastest LBs behind them. That’s a huge digression.

Stop hating on the QBs. Y’all are so quick to condemn the team and starting QB. Clem D isn’t as good this year but they are good. Venables is very good and his guys were ready. Their secondary blanketed our receivers most of the night. Our OL looked terrible in pass pro. Worse than last year. The run blocking was better than pass pro but it wasn’t very good. Our backs earned tough yardage tonight. That Clemson LB is nasty nasty. No easy sledding running the ball.

Our weakest link is OL. I figured it would be with personnel changes.

The scheme on O. Omg it was not pretty...it was not exciting...it didn’t look like anything any prospect would ever want to play in. Start with first and goal at the 3.....and get embarrassed. That single set of downs was damning. Running those crap run plays from the gun. Just damn. That BS direct snap was completely telegraphed and the whole world saw it coming. Patanaude gets a game 1 grade of F.

I wonder if Tech is doomed to always be bad on one side of the ball. Get a good D the O will suck. Get a good O the D will suck.

Special teams was also mostly ugly. If only we had a special teams coach.......

Against Clemson everything seemed to suck. It’s just one game though. We have a good chance of winning the next 3 and washing this from our memories a little.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not if he's gonna trash the current team, players, and coach.

He didn’t trash the team or players. The coach, yeah and that’s a bad look, as I already said, but one mistake like that doesn’t wash away 3 TDs in a win vs the mutts. If he bashes coach every week, we’ll have a problem.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
He didn’t trash the team or players. The coach, yeah and that’s a bad look, as I already said, but one mistake like that doesn’t wash away 3 TDs in a win vs the mutts. If he bashes coach every week, we’ll have a problem.

"If you can't deliver" is a direct shot at the team and our players. Not sure what this guy's problem is but again, it's best to say nothing here rather than throw shade on our student athletes.

I don't recall Calvin Johnson, Burnett, et al trashing Laskey and PJ for choking against the dwags in 2013, do you?

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck

Yea this is really disappointing from Laskey. He’s obviously entitled to his own opinion, but he comes off having a knee jerk reaction after 1 game against a really good Clemson team. Seems like a drunk fan with sour grapes. I get he has a good relationship with PJ, but he can still support the program

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
CGC lovers need to calm down a little. Folks that think we are awful need to calm down a little. It was a bad loss. But there is some good along with the bad to take away.

Against Clemson everything seemed to suck. It’s just one game though. We have a good chance of winning the next 3 and washing this from our memories a little.

I agree with all that.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Ummmmm ibeeballin is :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It’s extremely hypocritical of you to claim anyone should shut up and not be critical. Especially a former player lol. He has more than earned the right to criticize.

And unlike you...he isn’t pushing any false narratives.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Ummmmm ibeeballin is :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It’s extremely hypocritical of you to claim anyone should shut up and not be critical. Especially a former player lol. He has more than earned the right to criticize.

And unlike you...he isn’t pushing any false narratives.

I pretty clearly said "former players" not "anyone". He hasn't earned the right to criticize student athletes out there busting their ***. Plus, he never played a team as good as the one our kids faced tonight.
And no former players bashed him and his teammates when they gagged against UNC and Duke in 2014.

What's false about the narrative "Former players should never bash the efforts of our current team"? I will always push that - there's nothing false about it.

You guys and your "All things PJ are above reproach!!" false narrative sure gets old though.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As I've said in another thread, I hated these kinds of emotional, anti-rational threads over the last 11 years, and I still hate them.

With that being said, some of you who were the loudest voices with emotional, anti-rational reactions against our last coach you be the last people complaining now.

Fwiw, there were former players, from the eras of Curry on, who were making public internet gripes against CPJ from day 1, including after losses in 2014.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I pretty clearly said "former players" not "anyone". He hasn't earned the right to criticize student athletes out there busting their ***. Plus, he never played a team as good as the one our kids faced tonight.
And no former players bashed him and his teammates when they gagged against UNC and Duke in 2014.

What's false about the narrative "Former players should never bash the efforts of our current team"? I will always push that - there's nothing false about it.

You guys and your "All things PJ are above reproach!!" false narrative sure gets old though.

More false narratives from you.

He tossed shade at CGC, no one else. You can hold the opinion he hasn’t earned the right but most reasonable people would call BS on ya.

Go tell coach Key he should never have. He didn’t trash talk a head coach he talked trash about the entire program and school. Lolololol

Your main false narratives concern the former O scheme. You can’t stop spouting those!! You never will. :D

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey is lame as hell for that tweet.

This is an deliberate attack from someone waiting for the first sign of something to go wrong and wanted to pounce.

He hate gimmicks? Lol the jokes write themselves
You just liked a comment celebrating a former player getting injured while he was playing for the team. That is...interesting.