Has the hype been humbled?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You liked a comment that says the best thing to happen to the 2014 team was Zach Laskey getting injured. It's on the previous page. Interesting take from a featured member of the site.

That “like” has mysteriously disappeared now. It was there b4 because I went back and looked after you pointed it out.

Accidental likes can happen..... :rolleyes:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You liked a comment that says the best thing to happen to the 2014 team was Zach Laskey getting injured. It's on the previous page. Interesting take from a featured member of the site.

Oops, well that wasn’t intentional.

Facts, remain. Laskey sounds like a women scorned. Not only does this make him look lame, it’s also super divisive. So you want to express your displeasure after game 1 vs. the #1 team in the country who has won 10 of their last 11 games by 20pts

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oops, well that wasn’t intentional.

Facts, remain. Laskey sounds like a women scorned. Not only does this make him look lame, it’s also super divisive. So you want to express your displeasure after game 1 vs. the #1 team in the country who has won 10 of their last 11 games by 20pts

That’s fair.

Be careful with the woman scorned type comments. I used the G word to express the lameness of the 404 shirt and got complained on. Those folks might look at your turn of phrase as being misogynistic. People are sensitive here.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lost some respect for Zach with those hot takes. Lotta people could have piled on our clown show performances vs middling teams like Pitt, Duke, USF last year. This loss vs Clemson wasnt worse than last year's, other than some garbage time points. Not helpful at all. CGC was given mission impossible and one of our own legends is ready with the pitchforks when he comes up short? Lame, weak sauce.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Collins "re-branding" consisted of bashing PJ and his players. If you're going to talk s..t you better perform better than this coaching staff did tonight.

I don’t agree, but I also understand that there are things that could be interpreted that way, so maybe that’s where Laskey is coming from, but I still don’t think it’s a good look.

One thing I will defend him on though is that he’s definitely not calling out our players or the program and anyone who thinks that is being a little ridiculous. He’s clearly calling out coach, which is not good, but he’s not blasting the kids.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I never had the privilege of playing for either coach so I can’t speak to that but I actually love both of them equally from a fan standpoint. What I can say is that we should all fully stand behind CGC right now and tonight’s outcome is by no means an indictment on this staff. These guys are doing it the right way and we should all be excited about the future. I would hope that all ex players would feel the same way as that is only going to help us promote the brand in a united manner.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Can someone show me where Collins has bashed CPJ and his players? I haven’t seen evidence of that.

I’m assuming people like Laskey may feel CPJ’s era is short changed by comments like “We are going to run a pro style offense. We are going to build a program that’s a pathway to Sunday” which could be interpreted as insinuating that the previous regime was a lesser brand of football. Comments like “When I was here, we were top 5, we have top 25 recruiting classes” could be interpreted as insinuating that Tech has done nothing of interest post O'Leary.

Now, personally, I’m not offended by these statements. The first one is sort of factually correct. Our production of NFL guys has steadily declined. The second one isn’t, seeing how we won the ACC, had 2 major bowl appearances and had a season where we finished #7 in the country. Maybe he could have said something like “ In the last decade we’ve played in two NY6 bowls, played in the ACCC three times and won it once. We want to continue that tradition of excellence and build on that to become even better” but you don’t advertise that your product is pretty good. You sell it as the best. The only way to sell Tech as the best, is to sell a hypothetical future based on fuzzy distant memories of Glory Days past.

I think that’s really what it boils down. When CGC says he respects CPJ, I genuinely believe him. Anything he says about a “New Era” is not about disgracing the past. It’s about selling the future and the truth is, regardless of how certain Tech players and fans feel, the TO became a detriment to our National Perception, so it makes sense to advertise that we are no longer involved with that.

I think some of these former players and fans are being a little too sensitive, but I don’t necessarily think they are bashing for the sake of bashing. They feel there has been a slight at the previous regime and I don’t believe that’s the case, but I can see why someone would believe that.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Last years class finished with a 188 score on 247. This years is already 199 and will easily break into the 200s. Stfu with that BS. We already have 2 Four Star commits and a 3rd is on the way, 4 4 star transfers in one offseason.
Sorry I hurt your feelings. I was ready for a change & it was time to move on probably largely because we had such a divisive fanbase which can’t seem to go away by reactions like above. I like a lot of what the new staff is doing but I’m a GT fan not a “in love with my coach until death do us part”. When he shows me the results, I’ll change my mind until then I’m solidly in the wait & see camp. Not all hypey like a schoolgirl, not hope he fails like many wished for in the past because I have an agenda or he pissed in my Wheaties, just straight down the middle wait & see. Just like Johnson, just like Gailey, just like O’Leary, just like...., just like Ross, just like Curry, ..............

At the moment we don’t recruit a barrel full of 4*’s so every single one GT recruits has to be a hit unlike other schools above us. That makes for some long odds. Currently, that model has not been broken and I’ll rightfully acknowledge it may take time to develop, but now coaching needs to overcome recruiting. Is that what you saw last night?