Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
And then we hired a new HC who essentially did the same thing with his passive aggressive behavior along with the "hope and change". He is getting what he deserves right now.

You lost me at “passive aggressive”. I’m not sure that means what you think it means, but I’m open to being educated. Please explain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is silly to start talking about stuff like this after 6 games.

Turn on the staff after two years if you like, but poor results in their first 6 games is not worth fighting about.

Some in this fan base need to learn about history and patience. It is beginning to feel like a lynch mob, and lynch mobs are not allowed because they are so often wrong in their rush to judgment.

Animal02

Banned
You lost me at “passive aggressive”. I’m not sure that means what you think it means, but I’m open to being educated. Please explain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am quite sure of what it means and it fits WRT the former regime.
Example. His comments about returning Tech to its Glory years like when he was growing up. Except the CPJ era was as successful as when he was growing up. (He then went on to lie about what those years were like....a lie deemed acceptable by apologists)

Animal02

Banned

Turn on the staff after two years if you like, but poor results in their first 6 games is not worth fighting about.

Some in this fan base need to learn about history and patience. It is beginning to feel like a lynch mob, and lynch mobs are not allowed because they are so often wrong in their rush to judgment.
So you find going 1-11, 2-10 acceptable .......after (as another poster has said). 1 losing season in the ACC in the last 25 years? I don't, and no one should regardless of the "hope and change" fantasy.

Scubapro

Banned

I dont think anyone expected to complete for the ACC this year but what is frustrating to me is there hasn't been any...zero..improvement from the first game. I have seen one and a half decent drives from Paten-fraude.
I have colanders hold water better than our D

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I dont know if we are there yet. The on field performance is trending that way. The coaching is leaning that way as well. Though their personalities are different.

The thing that CPJ did was to try and mask the defensive weakness with his offense. CGC, needs to try and manage the team from a strength and weakness perspective. I hope he can grow into it, but he currently seems way over his head, just like B*** L****

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
We are halfway through the year. I cannot believe (but maybe shouldn't be surprised) that our fans won't give this guy ONE HALF OF A SEASON, much less a full season, to figure this thing out before calling this man Bill Lewis Part II. I never expected our fans to show the level of delusion that we see on display in Athens, but we are right up there with 'em. You are certainly entitled to throw fits, name call, and whatever makes you feel better, but I think we should give the guy a year and a chance to get some of his guys in here before making the claim that he is Bill Lewis II.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that CGC may not end up being our long-term answer. Generally speaking, CGC has two jobs: (1) get higher-level players to the Flats and (2) win with them. If he fails to do (1) and (2), then he'll be a massive letdown. If he succeeds at (1) but fails at (2), then we'll find a new coach who will at least have P5 talent at every position group to coach/work with.

By the way, to accomplish job (1), we don't have to "outrecruit UGA and Clemson," as many of our posters suggest we trying to do. We/CGC will accomplish this by bringing in guys who have the athleticism/bodies to play on Sundays again.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I dont think anyone expected to complete for the ACC this year but what is frustrating to me is there hasn't been any...zero..improvement from the first game. I have seen one and a half decent drives from Paten-fraude.
I have colanders hold water better than our D

You really have seen zero improvement? I disagree, completely. I think we would beat Citadel by 20 plus if we played them today.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont know if we are there yet. The on field performance is trending that way. The coaching is leaning that way as well. Though their personalities are different.

The thing that CPJ did was to try and mask the defensive weakness with his offense. CGC, needs to try and manage the team from a strength and weakness perspective. I hope he can grow into it, but he currently seems way over his head, just like B*** L****

I agree to an extent, but what coach wouldn't have been "way over his head" with our OL and DL + Injuries?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Throw the players under the bus seems to be the standard excuse now.
The Citadel makes that excuse look silly.

Very few fans have thrown players under the bus. To truthfully call attention to our deficiencies through lack of recruiting, transfers, and injuries on the offensive line is not "throw(ing) the players under the bus". It's just a fact. I'm not saying whether the coaching could or couldn't be better, but just to honestly call attention to our personnel problems is not tantamount to throwing anybody under the bus.

Calling out specific players who just can't get it done is another matter, but I don't see much of that going on here.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We haven't ,
The disconnect I see right now is what Coach Collins sees as improvements , are not what majority of fans and the media see. We see a regressive defence and a one win record. But at micro level there are improvements I guess.

Collins is much different than CPJ in what he talks about in his pressers, cpj was blunt and often angry. Collins continues to hype out the program, but the results are the same

Anyways long story short, this season sucks but fans on here saying the locker room will be lost are a shame. If Collins can't get this thing rolling next season and we see the same results , I'm going to start questioning things .

As is I wasn't expecting much this season with Collins or even cpj after seeing our bowl.performance last year had he not retired

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Scubapro

Banned
You really have seen zero improvement? I disagree, completely. I think we would beat Citadel by 20 plus if we played them today.
No...none...what are we doing different now than what we did vs Temple or Citadel?
Calling plays with a Magic 8Ball....or hey...our Oline cant sustain blocks or create a push...soooo .... I know lets call for pass plays that need 4-5 seconds to develop....or try and run it up the middle six times in a row.
Our Money Down is an ATM for opposing QBs....Hey look UNC just converted another 3rd and long.
If we played USF again they would kick the crap outa us like Temple did and Citadel wouldnt have a 3rd down longer than 3 yards.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
We absolutely would beat Citadel and USF by 2-3 TDs if we played them today. Granted, those are bad teams, but we have improved.

I have tried to convince myself the team has improved since Citadel. Unfortunately, I have not.

The offense is ranked at the bottom of the ACC in total offense. I would like to say that the passing game has gotten better but Tech is ranked last in passing.

The defense is above only FSU in points allowed, last in rushing yards.

There have been great individual effort plays.

But there is a feeling this season is similar to the aforementioned coach's tenure. I hope I am wrong and want to see Tech pull it all together this week and put together a win streak.