Harrison Bailey transfer

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Quite surprised this is being poo poo'd to this degree, honestly. I like Sims too, but I would hardly call Bailey a bust after 3 starts he completed 70 percent of his passes in. This is the prototype Patenaude wants, IMO
If he can't start for Tenn I don't want him and right now i'm not crazy about the transfers we have . ( he had (has) 7 years recruit players and coach them up

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If sims keeps developing at this rate he could be gone after next year. Yates will leave after next year too most likely or right after he graduates. You can never have too much depth. Competition is king for a reason.
When you say “gone after next year” do you mean transfer or NFL?

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
If sims keeps developing at this rate he could be gone after next year. Yates will leave after next year too most likely or right after he graduates. You can never have too much depth. Competition is king for a reason.
As much as I like sims, I don’t see him as a pro QB. I’d love for him to prove me wrong. He could be a tremendous college player, and his athleticism could land him an invite to an nfl rookie camp in the future as an undrafted player.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If he can't start for Tenn I don't want him and right now i'm not crazy about the transfers we have . ( he had (has) 7 years recruit players and coach them up
Everybody's taking transfers nowadays. We have to play that game because many of our own will be transferring. Otherwise, it's "get young, stay young".

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure no one on this board would be upset if he came here. I just think that most people figure with our current options it doesn't make sense for him to come here.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the jury should still be out on Jeff Sims QB. He has the physical qualities/talents, but, as we know, to be a successful QB demands more. Jeff hasn't shown key decision making and other key QB skills (e.g., looking off pass defenders) on a consistent basis. Reason for hope: Does anyone recall Joe Hamilton midway through his sophomore season... when the coaches were considering benching him for inconsistent play? We all remember what happened when the so called light came on, but what happened prior too often wasn't pretty.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite surprised this is being poo poo'd to this degree, honestly. I like Sims too, but I would hardly call Bailey a bust after 3 starts he completed 70 percent of his passes in. This is the prototype Patenaude wants, IMO
If anything, baily is a solid back up if he can't snag the starting job. Depth at qb is important and difficult to manage in modern college football. Look at Penn State, qb gets hurt, back up from last year is at Kentucky, and the wheels fall off

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
I say he’s stays and Yates will leave when he graduates and I think I heard that he is expecting to get his degree this spring and if he does I hope he lands at ga southern.I think he would do great there.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I say he’s stays and Yates will leave when he graduates and I think I heard that he is expecting to get his degree this spring and if he does I hope he lands at ga southern.I think he would do great there.

Yates is in great position. 3rd year in school and still a freshman in eligibility. He will have a GT degree and 2-3 years left to play. I expect Peery to stay for a chance to start later on. His family moved out here.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
What makes you say that?
Arm slot /throw motion is not good. Yes I know many have made it to the NFL with bad throwing motion but they were a ton more accurate. Go back and watch his TD throws, on mid to long throws he doesn’t drive the ball. He puts a ton of air under it and the wr just run under or slow down to catch. It doesn’t matter right now a TD is a TD but that is not going to work in the nfl. Reading d and going through his progressions may or may not get better, but he can’t make all the throws. He is not able to sit in the pocket and beat teams with mid to long throws.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Arm slot /throw motion is not good. Yes I know many have made it to the NFL with bad throwing motion but they were a ton more accurate. Go back and watch his TD throws, on mid to long throws he doesn’t drive the ball. He puts a ton of air under it and the wr just run under or slow down to catch. It doesn’t matter right now a TD is a TD but that is not going to work in the nfl. Reading d and going through his progressions may or may not get better, but he can’t make all the throws. He is not able to sit in the pocket and beat teams with mid to long throws.
He doesn’t even have a pocket to do any of that. His numbers under protection and no pressure ranks at the top of the country. IF the staff can progress the offensive line a good amount by week 1 next season then watch out.