Harrison Bailey transfer

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t even have a pocket to do any of that. His numbers under protection and no pressure ranks at the top of the country. IF the staff can progress the offensive line a good amount by week 1 next season then watch out.
I’m not talking about numbers, I’m talking about arm talent. Arm talent isn’t just about how far you can throw it in the air. Yes he will look better with better line play, but he can’t make the throws that KP makes for Pitt. He cant fit the ball in a tight window.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I’m not talking about numbers, I’m talking about arm talent. Arm talent isn’t just about how far you can throw it in the air. Yes he will look better with better line play, but he can’t make the throws that KP makes for Pitt. He cant fit the ball in a tight window.
Well he’s also very very young vs picket is a super senior at Pitt. He’s still developing. Those things will come as the year gets longer, time off with his person trainer, spring camp, summer training and then fall camp again. There is still over 2 years until the 2023 draft.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Cutcliffe going to the couch after this season. He almost retired following last season. He has nothing to sell at Duke
Lots of changes in athletic department at Duke. New AD new WBB coach and new MBB coach. I could see Cutcliffe retiring very soon but lots would depend on how recruiting is going IMO. There doesn't appear to be any pressure on him. Dukies are pretty apathetic about football since they can look forward to basketball. They make their money from selling seats in Cameron. But we also shouldn't forget it took a great play for us to barely beat them this year. Cutt probably should have taken the UT job several years ago. Would love to hire him as a consulting coach if he did retire.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Lots of changes in athletic department at Duke. New AD new WBB coach and new MBB coach. I could see Cutcliffe retiring very soon but lots would depend on how recruiting is going IMO. There doesn't appear to be any pressure on him. Dukies are pretty apathetic about football since they can look forward to basketball. They make their money from selling seats in Cameron. But we also shouldn't forget it took a great play for us to barely beat them this year. Cutt probably should have taken the UT job several years ago. Would love to hire him as a consulting coach if he did retire.
Cut seems to be less and less into each year and the last few years had checked out mentally mid year. He was very close to retiring last year after the whole chase Brice thing failed miserably.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Neither could KP in his second year. At least not as consistently as he does now. If you're going to compare Sims and the current KP, you'll need to wait 4 years. Assuming you wish to compare apples to apples.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Neither could KP in his second year. At least not as consistently as he does now. If you're going to compare Sims and the current KP, you'll need to wait 4 years. Assuming you wish to compare apples to apples.
Sims has thrown some pretty passes, but just not consistently enough. The potential is there.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cutt probably should have taken the UT job several years ago. Would love to hire him as a consulting coach if he did retire.
I don't know about that. UT has been one of those places that look appealing due to past success but the recent churn of coaches over the last X years suggests that there are things that may be rotten in Denmark. Similar to FSU, Texas, Miami, Nebraska and a few others. Sometimes "moving up" isn't all that it is cracked up to be. He can probably coach at Duke for as long as he likes but I agree with others who think he might just pack up and go sit on the porch. Can't blame him if he does.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah our best chance at success (i.e., 10+ win season) is honestly Jeff becoming a QB worthy of a first round or second day pick. It would be him consistently showing elite traits that overcome team deficiencies.
It might be a higher priority to have our defense not turn in record setting negative performances in 1-2 games each year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I just hope Bailey doesn't sign with another ACC team. Not sure what Pitt has planned at QB but Whipple has done a great job working with Pickett. Lots of NFL coaching experience. Clemson needs a QB. Not sure what they have coming in next year but so far their 5 star is more like a 2 star. Bailey fits the physical measurements. I would rather see him in the SEC but not UGA or Clemson.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I just hope Bailey doesn't sign with another ACC team. Not sure what Pitt has planned at QB but Whipple has done a great job working with Pickett. Lots of NFL coaching experience. Clemson needs a QB. Not sure what they have coming in next year but so far their 5 star is more like a 2 star. Bailey fits the physical measurements. I would rather see him in the SEC but not UGA or Clemson.
Clemson has the #1 QB in the country coming in next year. Bailey won't be needed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that. UT has been one of those places that look appealing due to past success but the recent churn of coaches over the last X years suggests that there are things that may be rotten in Denmark. Similar to FSU, Texas, Miami, Nebraska and a few others. Sometimes "moving up" isn't all that it is cracked up to be. He can probably coach at Duke for as long as he likes but I agree with others who think he might just pack up and go sit on the porch. Can't blame him if he does.
Duke seems like an idyllic place to coach. $2.7 million a year and I'm sure he's doing his best but if he goes 6-6, they love him. No pressure. Any decent, solid coach could go there and stay 30 years if he wanted. Why would he give that up for the UT pressure-cooker?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
just another typical QB transfer, If he couldn’t start at UT then.....he prob ain’t starting at many P5 schools
Not sure on this one. He was recruited by the previous regime and the new regime brought in two upperclassmen QBs from the portal even though they already had two quality young guys who have now both transferred. He started the last three games in 2020 and played fairly well. Goes 12-15 for 260 yards and two TD in the spring game and then is third on the depth chart. If anyone ever needed to transfer it was him.