Hall retained. Borrell fired.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitching coach fired. Hall staying on
IMG_6797.jpeg

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Borrell HAD to go, no question. My guess is CDH still has the MLB players' support.
Now the big question - who is his replacement? I admit I have NO idea who would be good but we should have serious $ to throw (pun intended) at the guy.
Both DBo & Hall are under contract through 2025. Firing guys in non-revenue sports costs money too. No idea if that is a factor or not but JBatt has an obligation to weigh those implications.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Is there a link not behind the pay wall?
No other information outside of the title in the article. Just says more to come. It will be interesting to see who is attracted to the job. I think the quality of the applicants will give us a hint of what the future holds as far as CDH is concerned. I doubt too many quality hires would be interested if they think the guy that hired him might be gone (retired or otherwise) in a year or two. Unless they are told what the succession plan is or that their new boss isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Obviously Borrell didn't work out but when he was hired I think most everyone on here was excited. I have to believe there will be a lot of interest in the position. I'm glad they made the change now to give us a chance to start looking before the post season starts and give us a head start to filling the void.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Until there’s evidence Batt has erred in judgment, I’m going to operate on the assumption that he made a good choice.

I’ve known guys that did over 30 in the military and my hat’s off to them. Here’s hoping Year 31 is a winner.

2024 is the year of the dragon, 1988-2000-2012 were as well. We went 18-6 for 1st place in ACC in 2000. We were Regional Champs. We got that going for us. 1988 (not Danny but noteworthy) and 2012 we were ACC Champs as well. Year of the dragon appears to be Danny’s thing, GT Baseball’s as well.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t agree with the call. But I will be supporting the team next year.
Can't ask for anything more, LFO. Thanks for being a great fan!

I personally agree with the move, mainly because I still believe that Hall has earned the right to go out on his own terms. I do hope that he returns the respect by hanging up the cleats if next season is not markedly better. These recruiting classes have to be reflected by on-field performance.

One other thought I had is that I am glad that CDH doesn't have to ride off into the sunset with the performance of the last 10 days as his closing statement. That would probably eat at him for quite some time.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m on record as being a CDH supporter, and nothing has changed about that ,however, I am a little surprised that this wasn’t his last year, either by his choice , or by Batt’s I will continue to support CDH and the program. GO JACKETS!

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't ask for anything more, LFO. Thanks for being a great fan!

I personally agree with the move, mainly because I still believe that Hall has earned the right to go out on his own terms. I do hope that he returns the respect by hanging up the cleats if next season is not markedly better. These recruiting classes have to be reflected by on-field performance.

One other thought I had is that I am glad that CDH doesn't have to ride off into the sunset with the performance of the last 10 days as his closing statement. That would probably eat at him for quite some time.
I’m sure there are exceptions, but almost always, when things go South, they go further South. Let’s hope this is one of those rare exceptions.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunate that it had to come to this. I liked DBo. Thought he was a class act. Whenever I'd see the Jackets play on the road, including the ACC tournament, he'd always acknowledge me if I was close enough for him to see me. Most players and coaches don't.
Same here. I was hoping for a better outcome, but unfortunately we are where we are.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure there are exceptions, but almost always, when things go South, they go further South. Let’s hope this is one of those rare exceptions.
Seems like we have very little (proven talent) coming back next year. So really, even w/ coaching aside, no reason to expect real improvement, unless we get some portal magic or some of the young guys take huge steps.