Hall retained. Borrell fired.

Killerbees🐝

Georgia Tech Fan
Seems like we have very little (proven talent) coming back next year. So really, even w/ coaching aside, no reason to expect real improvement, unless we get some portal magic or some of the young guys take huge steps.
You will have a young team that is playing together to make a NCAA run, not worrying about stats for the draft. Ks will go down, defense will be better. And if Ramsey is as good as we tout the bats will be there. Pitching..we will wait and see.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Until there’s evidence Batt has erred in judgment, I’m going to operate on the assumption that he made a good choice.

I’ve known guys that did over 30 in the military and my hat’s off to them. Here’s hoping Year 31 is a winner.

2024 is the year of the dragon, 1988-2000-2012 were as well. We went 18-6 for 1st place in ACC in 2000. We were Regional Champs. We got that going for us. 1988 (not Danny but noteworthy) and 2012 we were ACC Champs as well. Year of the dragon appears to be Danny’s thing, GT Baseball’s as well.
Based on guys on this site, next year will not be experienced and will have to be built with transfers. Normally teams start building in the year before they are really good. Didn't happen this year.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Based on guys on this site, next year will not be experienced and will have to be built with transfers. Normally teams start building in the year before they are really good. Didn't happen this year.
Unless we have a lot of transfers out, we should have a number of pitchers that have experience. If a new pitching coach can get more out of them than DBo did, you know what they say about pitching and defense...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think it is POSSIBLE that Hall just wants to leave on a higher note than this year's results. That could mean he decides (or is encouraged) to go after finishing with hiring the new staff. Or it could mean one more year....

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
No contract renewal in 2025 is the way to go. May just need a sense of urgency on his part as motivation. That doesn't seem to come across as his personality though. He seems pretty laid back .

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like we have very little (proven talent) coming back next year. So really, even w/ coaching aside, no reason to expect real improvement, unless we get some portal magic or some of the young guys take huge steps.
Seems like that was the case this year as well but that didn't stop most on here from having high expectations. I expect to see the same next year.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Buyout for Borrell’s remaining contract (two years, 2024 and 2025) = $450,000.

Peanuts.

Buyout for Hall’s remaining contract (two years, 2024 and 2025) = $1.040 million.

Too much for a non-revenue sport.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I am curious. For those who think it was a good idea to retain CDH, what is the best case scenario? He has a good year that results in post season appearance but does not result in any meaningful success. Then, he retires. What is the goal here? I do not get it. Why are we extending this agony for our program? We are making a change soon. Why not now? I do not effing get it.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I am curious. For those who think it was a good idea to retain CDH, what is the best case scenario? He has a good year that results in post season appearance but does not result in any meaningful success. Then, he retires. What is the goal here? I do not get it. Why are we extending this agony for our program? We are making a change soon. Why not now? I do not effing get it.
Sounds like there were 1,000,000 reasons why we didn't. I was a bit short of having any influence over the decision. Sorry, every week I keep forgetting to swing by the package store & pick up that Mega Millions winning ticket.