Mello Yellow-Jacket
1663815101048.jpeg

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Updated-
Offers, Evaluations by class year, position for Ga. Tech:
————————————————————————————————————
2023 Commitments-
X Nicole Melious G 5-9 Susan Wagner H.S./ Staten Island, NY{Decommitted on 09/21/2022}
-ARIADNA TERMIS CASAS C 6-6 / Zaragoza, Spain(Barcelona-Spanish Federation National Team, Last 3 years). Biochemistry major. Committed to GT on 08-18-22.
2024 Commitment-
-Gabbie Grooms/ 5’9” PG/ committed on 09/17/2022.
————————————————————————————————————
Cori Allen, G, 2023: 2023 Nationally Ranked 5'10 Guard/ Tn Flight 17U/ Montverde Academy/Nashville Tn. Entire staff of G.T. recruiting. DeMoss(retired)has connections to the family in Tennessee. Visit to Illinois(09/10/22).

Diana Collins, PG, 2023: 3.95 GPA. Dual citizenship. Wooten Camp invitee.
TexA&M, USC-West, Ga.(new staff), Fla., NC St., GT(visit on last weekend in August’22).
Reopened her recruitment on Mar. 23. Official to Ohio St. in second weekend of September. Committed to Ohio St. on 09/17/2022.

Mjracle Sheppard / 5’11 / MontverdeAcademy HS (FL) /2023 /PG-2G / Top 3: GT, Missy St., Xavier. ESPN 4 star, 93. Ranked 85th in Top 100. Tech visit on 09-14-22.

Inés Monteagudo- 2023 GT Recruit, 6’1”, PG-2G. Spanish National Team. 4.0 GPA

Oluchi Okananwa- Combo Guard//5’10”
Worcester Academy 23’ | Mass Rivals 17U 3SSB//GT, Vill., Providence, Rhode Island, Myd., UNC. Some of the early offers included: William & Mary, Loyola, Columbia, Colgate, George Mason. Salem P-O-T-Yr.

RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G
HEIGHT 5-11
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania

Kymora Johnson: 2023 | UAA WV Thunder 17u | u17 Skyline Elite (GA) | 3.51 honors./ 5’7”/ Visited Baylor on 08-26. UVa. visit for 09/10/22. Chose UVa. on 09/11/22.

Chloe Kitts, 6’2”, G- 2023- 5 Star- HS AA- SoutheasternStars. G.T. did not make the cut to 6.

2023 F Rhema Collins (Miami Suns AAU) Miss. St. recent offer; GT offer in 2021.

Laci Steele: 5’11” Wing; Edmond, Ok.- 2022 6A STATE CHAMPION//2023// Edmond North HS // 4.2 GPA// 2022 POY// Over 20 major offers. Final 5 includes GT(offered on 07-15-22), NC St., NW, Tex. A&M, USC-West. Nike Pro Skills 17U EYBL. GT in home visit on 09/06/22. NWestern in home on 09/07/22. Texas A&M in home 09/12/22. NC St. in home on 09/08/22.

Jordy Griggs: 2023 6’2” Wing (Osborne HS; Marietta, Ga.) Consensus Top 100
GT, Aub., Clem., VPI, Ole Miss., Vandy., Miss. St.(old staff). This is her third H.S. 1st Team 6A GHSA - USA Basketball

D’Asia Thomas
6’3” Post- Houston Christian (Hockley, Texas)
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023. Final 2: Alabama(in home on 09/12/22) & G.T. Other offers were from: VT, Houston, Tex. Tech, Sou. Miss., Ohio St., Oklahoma, Tulsa, N. Tex., SMU, W. Va., Ariz. St., Wich. St., Stephen F. Austin.

Desrae Kyles: 2023 6’4 Post, Michigan crossover 17u EYBL.

6’5” Riley Stack- 2023- C- from South Carolina(dad Ryan played football for USC-East). Committed to Coastal Carolina(thank you to Sir Richard)on 07-17-22.

6’2” Khamil Pierre- 2023- Wing- Pierre is about 6’2”(committed to Vandy on 08-29-22).
Arizona Elite 17U.
Boston U., Colorado are very recent offers. Vandy, Ohio St., GT, have offered.

Gabbie Grooms- 5’9” PG- 2024- Mom played for Uga-ly. GT, Clemson(unofficial visit). Elite 100 B. Clay Showcase. Committed to G.T. on 09/17/22.

Chazadi (Chit-Chat) Wright- Class of 2024- PG-
Supreme Team 17U Point Guard -Wesleyan School Point Guard

Ava Watson
2024 / 5’7” Guard / Buford High School / FBC United 17U. GT, Louisville, FSU, TxA&M(have all offered).

Ava Holman- 5’8” /CG/ Champlin Park, MN.
Class of 2024 Point Guard projection at next level, 4.0 Student Athlete

Tianna Thompson- 2024, 5’10” Guard, Multiple offers. SE All-Stars & recently showed out @ Brandon Clay Showcase. Will participate in Friday Night Lights in Dallas, Tx.

Rian Forestier
bhs var’ bball #4 - 2024 5’11 combo guard- 4.0 gpa honors. Cal Berkeley w/ recent offer.

Tatum Greene 6’3” 2G. 2024
SJCHSBBALL//GT makes top 10; includes TexTech, Houston, BC, Syracuse, UNC, Mich.St, Auburn

B. Preston: Lovejoy High ‘24, 5’8” Combo. Guard. Over 15 ppg., 5.5 assists p.g.

Joyce Edwards
Camden, SC c/o 2024, 4.995GPA, 3-Sport Athlete , Blue 30, CHS WBB 2kP 1kR Club, 2x 3A State coPOY, 2021 GUAA 17U National Champions. 6’2” Forward.

Tilda Trygger, 2024 has offers from UCLA, Mich. St., Colorado. Tremendous shooter w/ 6’6” size. Sweden.

Arianna Roberson
2024 -
Clark HS - Varsity Bball #12 - 6’3“

Vivian Iwuchukwu
montverde academy fl - SA Finest 17u- 2024 6’4 forward- GT offer, Missy. St.(both staffs). Cal. offered on 08-29-2022.

Kennedy Ume: 2024 || McDonogh Eagles/Philadelphia Rise || Post/Forward ||6’3|| Blue Star 30

Kate Koval
LuHi '24 | 6’5 | Center| #13. Most of the G.T. staff, recruiting her. National recruit.

Aubrey Beckham: C/O #2025| 5'10 PG| #12 HCA Basketball GA| GPA 4.0| FBC Supreme 17U #5// BC, Mercer offered after GT. Geo.Washington U., FSU, Ala. w/ offers.

Aaliyah Chavez: 5’9”- PG- LUBBOCK, TEXAS- C/O 2025- CYFAIR EYBL. #1 Player in the Class of 2025 per BTN Scouting. Put on a show at the @neoyouthelite camp!
Shows command of the floor. True floor general w/ a high caliber skill level. Steph Curry vibes! Exciting guard, very efficient shooter. #BTN. ASGR has her now at the top of the ‘25 list.

Skyla Tuthill
5’11” Guard c/o2025 / Team Curry 17U GUAA/ Queens, NY. Fort Mill, SC. / Blue 30 / 4.91GPA

Lourdes DeSilva-Costa: Ole Missy., UVa., Oh. St., Colorado, Arizona; all have offered. A true big. 2025 class, from Sweden.

Taryn Thompson: 5-9 2026 Shooting Guard/PG, Galloway HS(Ga.).

‘26 G Kate Harpring of the Marist School (GA) earned a Georgia Tech offer after the April Evaluation weekend. 5’11.” Auburn offered on 08-01-22.

JacyAbii
6’1” Positions SF/SG/PG | Class Of 2026 | Blue Star 30 | GT Student | 4.0 GPA ~ Nat’l Jr HS, Middle School Valor Award /AAU & Adidas National Champion//Ga.Tech, Miss.St., OleMiss., Fla., Baylor

‘27 G Finley Chastain (Prosper, TX) . Visited GT, Aub.; more….

Finley Parker
2027 6’ Guard || Woodstock, Ga.//AL Southern Starz 2027 Nike #22 || River Ridge Jr Knights #0

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck

Hate to see it. Wish her well unless she plays against Tech. I see how everyone thinks it's because she wants to stay closer to home with her family situation and nobody can blame her for that. But maybe it could be because she just found out another highly rated 2 guard is about to commit to Tech (I'm hoping that has something to do with it being a glass half full kinda guy). So let's not dwell on it and start to learn more about some of the other recruits.

Gtbb99

Georgia Tech Fan
Hate to see it. Wish her well unless she plays against Tech. I see how everyone thinks it's because she wants to stay closer to home with her family situation and nobody can blame her for that. But maybe it could be because she just found out another highly rated 2 guard is about to commit to Tech (I'm hoping that has something to do with it being a glass half full kinda guy). So let's not dwell on it and start to learn more about some of the other recruits.
Have u really followed her? Her mom
Is real sick

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s got nothing to do with the competition. Tech has at least a half dozen scholarships to fill for 2023-24. Great players know they will get the majority of the minutes no matter who is around them. UConn will use all 15, and they only take “Burger Gals” or potential WNBA Superstars. I’m going to go by what Nicole typed yesterday. Daddy Dan is her AAU Coach and he allows this to be her decision, on whether it was Purdue, GT, Connecticut or another school. The man has his plate full caring for his wife and young daughter Peyton. She would get plenty of exposure in hoops as a Husky, while it’s a short train ride away.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
She would get plenty of exposure in hoops as a Husky, while it’s a short train ride away.
As a former New York resident, I have to take exception to the time requirement to travel from Storrs, CT to Staten Island. By train it might take as much as 7 hours to travel to Staten Island from the UConn campus. That is still faster than anything she could do from Atlanta. If she wants to be close to home, there are a bunch of schools in NJ and NYC that are really close.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
As a former New York resident, I have to take exception to the time requirement to travel from Storrs, CT to Staten Island. By train it might take as much as 7 hours to travel to Staten Island from the UConn campus. That is still faster than anything she could do from Atlanta. If she wants to be close to home, there are a bunch of schools in NJ and NYC that are really close.
My apologies for the misinformation. I mistakenly thought they had the speed rail by now. My birthplace was Upstate, therefore never took the train to CT.

You are right if thinking about airplanes between Hartsfield to JFK or LaGuardia taking a few hours, not including delays. It’s the getting to the airport, checking in and then the after landing commute to your destination becoming the other 5 hours. I’ve done that trip many a time, when being picked up in NYCity.
Transportation costs could come into play too. I don’t know what the deals are or will be? Ubers/Lyfts and or family/friends having to meet you, etc. Having said all of this, watch her wind up on the West Coast. Who knows what happens??

I was trying to justify the change of heart in my own way, and post the updated recruiting information to soothe the half dozen of us following the program religiously. If any commitment was ever solid, this was the one. Or so I thought.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
My apologies for the misinformation. I mistakenly thought they had the speed rail by now. My birthplace was Upstate, therefore never took the train to CT.

You are right if thinking about airplanes between Hartsfield to JFK or LaGuardia taking a few hours, not including delays. It’s the getting to the airport, checking in and then the after landing commute to your destination becoming the other 5 hours. I’ve done that trip many a time, when being picked up in NYCity.
Transportation costs could come into play too. I don’t know what the deals are or will be? Ubers/Lyfts and or family/friends having to meet you, etc. Having said all of this, watch her wind up on the West Coast. Who knows what happens??

I was trying to justify the change of heart in my own way, and post the updated recruiting information to soothe the half dozen of us following the program religiously. If any commitment was ever solid, this was the one. Or so I thought.
Yeah, I don't consider UConn to be close to home. It's not like Geno is going to let her come and go as she pleases to take care of her family. If she plays for Rider, St Peters, Monmouth, LIU, Columbia, or Fordham then I would say she's staying close to home.